• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
provo57 said:
The sequel is supposed to be closer to DOTA. It looked kind of cool, but there are so many DOTA-likes coming out now.
I still feel they may miss the point. You need lots of characters, I can see them thinking something like 10 will be enough.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
any suggestions for a good rpg offline game other than the elder scrolls, my net is going to be down for a few days before skyrim comes out and im in need of a good timesync :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Mr Cola said:
any suggestions for a good rpg offline game other than the elder scrolls, my net is going to be down for a few days before skyrim comes out and im in need of a good timesync :D
Do you have the Fallout and Witcher games yet?

Blizzard

Banned
Mr Cola said:
Witcher, Witcher 2, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines if you install the patches. I'm not sure what kind of RPGs you like, though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
LastWindow said:
Definitely check out both Witcher games. Or, just read up on the first and start with the second.
I hear good things about the 2nd, can one comfortably play the 2nd without the first?

Mr Cola said:
I hear good things about the 2nd, can one comfortably play the 2nd without the first?

Yeah, but make sure to at least read up on what happened in the first. Also, you'd be missing out on importing save data from the first game into the second. Choices you make in the first can alter things in the second game. It's not a big deal to me, personally, but the first game is damn good. Some people prefer to jump to the newest and forget the games before it, which I understand, so I recommended just reading up on the first and starting with the second.

Mr Cola

bought :D thanks for the help guys

Ill do some reading duirng this OMFG 17GB Install D:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
twinturbo2 said:
Since Modern Warfare 3 is coming tomorrow, will there be a sale on earlier Call of Duty games?
I would totally buy the CoD Warchest for $10.

New Steam feature? I've never seen this before...

steamconversion.gif

Nelo Ice

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
Bought it, but it said they had to validate my order or something before I got the key, which could take 8 hours.

Did a quick look up and it did not seem worth the hassle to deal with them so I ordered off d2d and of course I have to wait for a csr to contact me since I couldnt get phone authorization.

Blizzard

Banned
I think they have been doing that for some games so that games can be patched with small files instead of giant multi-gigabyte downloads each time around.

A downside is that if it happens to you with a modded game, like with a patch, it may overwrite your modded files.

MRORANGE

twinturbo2 said:
Since Modern Warfare 3 is coming tomorrow, will there be a sale on earlier Call of Duty games?

all have good but short singleplayer, the MP have not changed much since COD4MW1 but get MW1 first and then see if you like it.

Bluth54

Blizzard said:
I think they have been doing that for some games so that games can be patched with small files instead of giant multi-gigabyte downloads each time around.

A downside is that if it happens to you with a modded game, like with a patch, it may overwrite your modded files.
Seems strange they would do it for RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, I doubt it will ever get another patch.

Mr Cola said:
Gothic 1 & 2 are the cats pajamas!

Card Boy

Banned
I got a copy of Assassins Creed: Revelations from that IGN Prime stuff up. I offered Xelios and Twinduct and they don't want it.

First come first servered i guess. Must register it on Impulse i belive. Will send the code in 1.5hours when i pick up MW3. Don't PM, just quote this post and whoever quoted gets it.

Peff

Gez said:
I got a copy of Assassins Creed: Revelations from that IGN Prime stuff up. I offered Xelios and Twinduct and they don't want it.

First come first servered i guess. Must register it on Impulse i belive. Will send the code in 1.5hours when i pick up MW3.

Me?

Ceebs

Mr Cola said:
Yes, but don't. The first game is fantastic (And I think it's slightly better than the sequel)

The first game really lets you get a feel for the world thanks to it's much slower pace.

Gez said:

First come first servered i guess. Must register it on Impulse i belive. Will send the code in 1.5hours when i pick up MW3. Don't PM, just quote this post and whoever quoted gets it.

Very nice. I was too late like usual.

graywolf323

Gez said:

damn I missed out :-( I really want Revelations too

fake edit: though if it is US only and Peff isn't US ^_^

Nelo Ice

Banned
Why do I keep falling for the CoD trap every year?! =( First time buying the PC version though and I'll likely double dip on the 360 version eventually.

Bluth54 said:
Seems strange they would do it for RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, I doubt it will ever get another patch.

Steamworks features to be patched into old games? It wouldn't be the first time it's happened recently.

Wichu

Impulse says BF3 is US/Canada only, yet I registered it on Origin fine (in the UK). Hopefully AC: R will be the same.

Rochard is coming to Steam next week:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/70978/rochard-landing-on-steam-next-week

Rather than faff around with long and protracted release run-ups, Recoil Games today announced simply that a PC edition of Rochard will be released next week via Steam. The puzzle-platformer was originally released on PlayStation 3 barely a month ago as part of Sony's so-called 'Only On PSN ' promotion.

Rochard stars Jon St. John, the voice of Duke Nukem, as space-miner John Rochard. As if often the case in space, it all goes a little Apollo 13, after space-pirates attack the mine. Luckily, old John boy has a science-powered magical lifting tool and the ability to mess with the gravity, which even the odds a little.

Rochard will land on Steam on November 15, priced at $9.99.

coopolon

graywolf323 said:
I have an IGN Prime trial, how exactly did you get AC: Revelations?

There was a glitch yesterday that allowed anyone with an IGN user account to get the free promo codes for various games that were meant for people who signed up for 2 years of IGN prime.

Nelo Ice

Banned
graywolf323 said:

Links got leaked that were only supposed to be for people who paid for 2 year prime and regular users prime trial or not were able to get BF3, AC Revelations and a some other stuff completely free.

edit:beaten

Wichu

graywolf323 said:
Too late, there were a limited number of keys available.

There was a bug in IGN's subscription gift system (namely that the system didn't check whether you only just subscribed to Prime, or for that matter, whether you were even subscribed). AC: R and BF3 were supposed to be gifts for $80 2-year subscribers.

EDIT: Double ninja'd.

graywolf323

coopolon said:
There was a glitch yesterday that allowed anyone with an IGN user account to get the free promo codes for various games that were meant for people who signed up for 2 years of IGN prime.

damn it, how did I miss this?

coopolon

graywolf323 said:
damn it, how did I miss this?

I'll actually be surprised if the AC:R codes don't get revoked. The BF3 ones are more complicated because IGN would have to tell Impulse which would have to tell Origin.

Just a heads up for anyone who got the IGN prime trial, you can get the Bastion soundtrack for free as a bonus for 1 month of prime and it's an awesome soundtrack.

Nelo Ice

Banned
coopolon said:
I'll actually be surprised if the AC:R codes don't get revoked. The BF3 ones are more complicated because IGN would have to tell Impulse which would have to tell Origin.

Just a heads up for anyone who got the IGN prime trial, you can get the Bastion soundtrack for free as a bonus for 1 month of prime and it's an awesome soundtrack.

I doubt they're gonna do anything about it, its their fuck up and like u said its probably not worth the time and resources to revoke it.

Wichu

I doubt anyone cares, but here's a spreadsheet I made that shows my PC game expenditure so far. I need to stop buying so many games; before this summer, I only had Minecraft, Portal, Terraria and Civ V; now look what's happened :(
155kmlc.png

Wasn't sure on whether to include some of the games (such as GTA I/II), seeing as they're now free to download... Technically, they were part of the bundle, so I included them.
For 'normal price', I used the non-bundle price on the Steam store when available (Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII are only available as a bundle, so I just split it between them). I've never bought a PC game full-price; saving nearly £400 on total RRP feels good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom