• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
lol good one there 3chopl0x
LLShC.gif

Sober

coopolon said:
For those who pre-ordered Skyrim on D2D, the Steam codes are there now if you want to add it to Steam. Still no pre-loading though so it doesn't do much.

Edit: Actually I can download the game from Direct2Drive. I have no idea what that means though, will Steam recognize it?
I assume it has retail support, so if you install it, it will probably look for your \steamapps\ folder and place it in there, which I assume is pretty much 'preloading' it. It's probably still encrypted anyway so I guess you get a lead on people who bought it on Steam.

That is if you can install it anyway.

epmode

Smash88 said:
Skyrim DAY 1 PATCH COMING OUT!

RUH ROH! Looks like I was right, shitty engine bugs.
Who would have through that a massive open-world game would be buggy at launch? WHAT A TERRIBLE COMPANY

Vamphuntr

epmode said:
Who would have through that a massive open-world game would be buggy at launch? WHAT A TERRIBLE COMPANY

The fact that they are developing and have to QA 3 versions at the same time isn't probably helping.

coopolon

So I registered my code from D2D for Skyrim and it added the game to my games list. Then I downloaded the game and tried to install it and it asks for the code, and when I give it and it says that game is already in your library and you can't install it.

Weird, does this happen with games on disc that are Steamworks? Too bad I wasted the bandwidth, looks like I'll have to preload from Steam but oh well.

Blizzard

Banned
The Mana Legend said:
So I got my Dirt 3 code with my new PC.

How the heck do I activate it? Do I have to activate it somewhere else before I can activate it on Steam?
If it is a Steamworks game key, then you should be able to use the Steam menu option that says to activate/add a game to your account.

NIN90

The Mana Legend said:

How the heck do I activate it? Do I have to activate it somewhere else before I can activate it on Steam?

I had to punch in my Batman code on the Nvidia website which in turn gave me a Steam key.
Just take a look at the voucher. The website should be listed there.

MNC

The Mana Legend said:

You probably have to follow the instructions on the card; go to a website, enter the code, get a steamkey.

Okay, I had to go to the AMD site to do it.

And of course, they send me the email with the code. And just like every damn one of these emails, the EMAIL NEVER COMES. Checked every folder and nothing. Unless it's one of those stupid ones that decides to randomly send me it at 3 in the morning.

d1rtn4p

TheExodu5 said:
Steam Stats

Code:
Current Players 	Peak Today 	  	Game
329 	                342 	  	        L.A.Noire

What were you thinking, Rockstar?

LOL, the game isn't launching for me... So I would assume there is some kind of widespread problem...

Nelo Ice

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Steam Stats

Code:
Current Players 	Peak Today 	  	Game
329 	                342 	  	        L.A.Noire

What were you thinking, Rockstar?

Lol, I think I'm more surprised people even bought it with MW3 and skyrim this week.

Erudite

atomsk said:
did a Steam update and it deleted all my game categories

wtf, I don't want to have to reorganize all this =/
Happened to me a couple days ago too. What makes it more frustrating is you can only organize one at a time.

Grizza

Gvaz said:
Everyone told them to release RDR instead, but noooooope they didn't listen. Stupid idiots.

I'm pretty sure Rockstar has said (off the record) that the code for RDR is so bad that porting it to PC would take too much time and cost too much money for it to be feasible.

Gvaz

Banned
Grizza said:
I'm pretty sure Rockstar has said (off the record) that the code for RDR is so bad that porting it to PC would take too much time and cost too much money for it to be feasible.
Translation: We're too fucking lazy even though it would sell like hotcakes, also we're bad programmers.

Blizzard

Banned
Smash88 said:
Apparently from people playing LA Noire, the game is locked @ 30fps.
Normally I would question that especially since if it's mentioned without any citations or even forum references, but I could actually understand if it was due to face animation or something silly like that.

Gvaz

Banned
Blizzard said:
Normally I would question that especially since if it's mentioned without any citations or even forum references, but I could actually understand if it was due to face animation or something silly like that.
Being at 60fps would just let it be more fluid. 30fps is bullshit though on PC, especially when you can get 120hz monitors :|

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Gvaz said:
Being at 60fps would just let it be more fluid. 30fps is bullshit though on PC, especially when you can get 120hz monitors :|
The faces are literally recorded. So if the only source they have is 30 fps then they cornered themselves and we are stuck playing the game at 30 fps. I don't think a PC port was intended till all the shit went down.

I've read a lot how people have compared LA Noire to a point-and-click adventure so I'd like to play through it. I played some of the 360 version and it seemed alright but I didn't get far enough to form a proper opinion. Just waiting for a good sale.

LastWindow said:
I've read a lot how people have compared LA Noire to a point-and-click adventure so I'd like to play through it. I played some of the 360 version and it seemed alright but I didn't get far enough to form a proper opinion. Just waiting for a good sale.
Same boat. I want to play it for the adventure game it seems to be, but money is tight.

Gvaz

Banned
graywolf323 said:
that's depressing honestly, how is it that RAGE takes up 3x+ more hard drive space?
Skyrim -> repeated textures, small sizes
Rage -> individual textures, large sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom