• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V currently $10 on Amazon (DEAD)

Sorry to necrobump, but for those who bought multiples - did any of you guys actually open them?

I mailed the copy I got to a friend, who opened it to find a CD-R with a glued on label. Amazon sent me a replacement...which turned out to be another CD-R with a glued on label. They're offering a refund (upon return of the fakes), but that's it.

Probably the last time I'll order disc-based games from Amazon.

Anyway, just a heads up for those of you looking to flip them. There are at least a few other comments on Amazon about getting fakes, too.

Sorry to necrobump, but for those who bought multiples - did any of you guys actually open them?

I mailed the copy I got to a friend, who opened it to find a CD-R with a glued on label. Amazon sent me a replacement...which turned out to be another CD-R with a glued on label. They're offering a refund (upon return of the fakes), but that's it.

Anyway, just a heads up for those of you looking to flip them. There are at least a few other comments on Amazon about getting fakes, too.

Wait what?! Do you have pictures?

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

Mine was fine. I've never heard of such a thing as fake CD-R games from Amazon. Did you open the second one yourself? Just want to make sure your friend isn't fucking with you here.

I wonder how widespread it is. I remember seeing this.
https://twitter.com/Tokyo_Rude/status/719717793315205120

Maybe Amazon accepted returns without checking?

I wonder how widespread it is. I remember seeing this.
https://twitter.com/Tokyo_Rude/status/719717793315205120

Maybe Amazon accepted returns without checking?

Haha, that's my friend. And that would have to be my guess.

For those asking - yeah, I opened it before mailing the second copy. The case, inserts, all that are authentic. But the game was pretty clearly rewrapped, and the disc looks exactly like the one in that tweet. There's a picture on Amazon from another reviewer that shows the same exact same disc, too.

I've had third party sellers claim games were new and sent pretty fucked up used copies in turn, but this is the first time I've ever gotten fakes from Amazon themselves. Twice in a row is a hell of a thing.

Now I'm just worried they think I'm gaming the system. I've spent an ungodly sum with Amazon over the last decade, it'd bum me out to lose access.

I just opend my copy and it's a real ps4 disc. This bump made me nervous you have the worst luck getting two fake discs.

I figure it's just karmic retribution for trying to snag a cheap copy. The Dying Light price error coming home to roost.

Glad everyone else got legit copies, though. But if you're thinking about ordering a new copy from Amazon...maybe hold off for a bit.

hollomat

Banned
I got two copies and both were brand new and shrink wrapped. That cd-r is really weird especially since it should have been a brand new shrink wrapped copy, not a used copy.

I hope this doesn't become a thing. It reminds me of why I won't buy a game from Redbox again.

20151121_113020_zpscsd4zqzf.jpg

Top Bottom