• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

laaame

Losing is all I seem to be able to do. I do nothing but training mode for weeks at a time, then go online and get destroyed by every possible team combination. I can barely get any moves off, I don't feel like I'm learning anything and am generally not having any fun. I don't understand how every player I come across is an expert.

Just whining.

Well I have no idea why exactly you are losing but one tip that could help is learning how to tag out effectively. An average team should have around 2000 health but that really isn't a lot considering how easy it is to get damage in, so tagging out and getting back that recoverable health can save you by hundreds of points of potential damage. Instead of trying to use meter to make a long combo and do more damage, you should be using it to make a safe tag-in to last longer in the match. The worst case scenario of not using a tag-in would be your first character dying before you even try tagging in because you were too greedy or didn't want to risk your second character losing some life. Essentially, you are only using 50% of your maximum health and that could be a significant factor in your losses.

Also if you don't want to be frustrated online, try player matches. This game is full of gimmicky shit and some players will abuse it just to get ranked points. If you find someone of your skill level in a player lobby, just keep on going at it until you learn.

hertog

Losing is all I seem to be able to do. I do nothing but training mode for weeks at a time, then go online and get destroyed by every possible team combination. I can barely get any moves off, I don't feel like I'm learning anything and am generally not having any fun. I don't understand how every player I come across is an expert.

Just whining.

Laarn you're best launcher combo, and how to follow-up with your second character.

After that learn your best jump-in and punish combo.

Play this game basic and simple.

Tizoc

Plyed some matches with a friend this weekend, I used Hugo+Juri mostly and I had a blast. Juri's combos are rather fun in SFxT ^_^.
Oh and apologies for not managing to play with any GAFfers here over the past 2 days ^_^;

At any rate, here are some pretty good SFxT matches, hardly a Time over from what I've seen so far.
...but anyone know what color/metal color WeirdoNeo is using?
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...street-fighter-x-tekken-ranked-match-replays/

hertog

My Blanka is ready
blanka_hop.gif

Horseress

I really hope there's a HUGE (and by HUGE I mean H U G E) change being announced at E3...
People here know, I was hyping this game up since 2 weeks before launch, I even pick this game 3 days before release, and I LOVED it.
But since then, crap happens, crap got discovered, bullshit being abused (jabs, timeouts...), dlc on disc, ridiculous gems...

Damn, I hope they give this game some love...'cause it needs some ASAP

I really hope there's a HUGE (and by HUGE I mean H U G E) change being announced at E3...
People here know, I was hyping this game up since 2 weeks before launch, I even pick this game 3 days before release, and I LOVED it.
But since then, crap happens, crap got discovered, bullshit being abused (jabs, timeouts...), dlc on disc, ridiculous gems...

Damn, I hope they give this game some love...'cause it needs some ASAP

They will eventually... for 1600MSP.

I'm hoping they at least announce an unlocked/Super version.

Tizoc

Crazy thought...rumor is that JoJo fighter may be getting a release on PSN and XBL.
...and now we got Rolento freezing time with his knives....out of all the stuff that would crash the game...why Rolento's knife?
...what if
the crash is was orchestrated by Ono to hint at the JoJo fighter release?!
INCEPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

GooeyHeat

Crazy thought...rumor is that JoJo fighter may be getting a release on PSN and XBL.
Man, that game would suck online. Not because of netcode or anything, but because most matches would be people playing as Dio Brando trying to land ZA WARUDO and ROAD ROLLER DA.

Man, that game would suck online. Not because of netcode or anything, but because most matches would be people playing as Dio Brando trying to land ZA WARUDO and ROAD ROLLER DA.

First of all, those are probably the two hardest supers in the game to land, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Both have startups that last for several seconds, and will get you killed in 99% of situations in jojo's.

Dartastic

Game still sucks, but I've discovered how fun it is to beat people with cross assault. I just called it on someone who was trying to run away with poison, but my shitty computer teammate just stayed in place so she couldn't jump away to get the tag, so I chased her down with Julia and KO'ed that bitch. Perfect, AAA ranking, and a cross assault victory. So funny. ;D

SUPARSTARX

^Give it a year or 2, SF4 seems to become more popular and accepted now.
...and I remember how hated that game was at the start @3@.

Some really good stuff from Max in his recent vids-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PfFgiDNsZk&feature=plcp

Argh. Twas like my first or second match since I went hardcore on Diablo III for 2+ weeks straight. I kept getting hit by random overheads I didn't know about from the string I think. I got two lucky low crush on him with raw launchers. People should do it more often.

I dropped a lot of combos. Skulldiver into raw launcher fail, tagged by accident. No Bison follow up off tag cancel, hit chain by accident. Missing raw roundhouse launcher confirm. :x

This game has a lot of fun little things that don't get picked up on because people play this like SF4 too often.

Bizazedo

^Give it a year or 2, SF4 seems to become more popular and accepted now.
...and I remember how hated that game was at the start @3@.

The only problem/difference was SF4 had the time as it had almost no competition. I'm not saying it's impossible for SFxTK to become accepted, it's possible. It's just unlikely. Extremely so.

That and SF4 wasn't as broken, initially.

LakeEarth

Game still sucks, but I've discovered how fun it is to beat people with cross assault. I just called it on someone who was trying to run away with poison, but my shitty computer teammate just stayed in place so she couldn't jump away to get the tag, so I chased her down with Julia and KO'ed that bitch. Perfect, AAA ranking, and a cross assault victory. So funny. ;D

I like activating Cross Assault against shotos and then sit there. They usually start SRKing like madmen. Sure my partner will likely get hit, but then I get the free full combo punish when he comes down.

Apparently there's a newly discovered patch 1.04 glitch. Basically, Yoshimitsu's sword hop is all glitched out. I haven't seen a video of it yet so I can't confirm, but it's been brought up at SRK.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have an unopened copy of this game and a SFxTekken poster signed by Ono. I wonder if anyone would buy this for a reasonable price.

Also have an unassembled arcade box from another special edition.

I don't even know how to go about selling those things lol

I really haven't been interested in this game for months and I have it for both consoles. I'll keep my opened 360 copy and unload the ps3 version.

baROCK da Blue Bama saying Yes We Can
cause rolento can't stop time like Flash, Man
niggas so afraid I got tournament banned
well guess what, they should be,
the legend can't compare to the real me
and I'm heartless, robots gots no soul
I fuck up top tier for my girl Roll
my custom alt is 100% gold
I shine like a rock and I'm stone cold
I whip out my glock when niggas get bold
they get cold cocked, comboed
jab strong fierce
you got ice shot, shiver
push kick to your liver
lightning bolt from my buster
and every breath you can muster
you try and you must
I'm on the moon and back
while you turn to rust
maybe you can match me, one day
nah I'll knock you out like Inafune
compared to me, everyone's worse
this is my Megaman Universe

I have an unopened copy of this game and a SFxTekken poster signed by Ono. I wonder if anyone would buy this for a reasonable price.

Also have an unassembled arcade box from another special edition.

I don't even know how to go about selling those things lol

I really haven't been interested in this game for months and I have it for both consoles. I'll keep my opened 360 copy and unload the ps3 version.

I'll take the poster for $5 shipped.

Tizoc

baROCK da Blue Bama saying Yes We Can
cause rolento can't stop time like Flash, Man
niggas so afraid I got tournament banned
well guess what, they should be,
the legend can't compare to the real me
and I'm heartless, robots gots no soul
I fuck up top tier for my girl Roll
my custom alt is 100% gold
I shine like a rock and I'm stone cold
I whip out my glock when niggas get bold
they get cold cocked, comboed
jab strong fierce
you got ice shot, shiver
push kick to your liver
lightning bolt from my buster
and every breath you can muster
you try and you must
I'm on the moon and back
while you turn to rust
maybe you can match me, one day
nah I'll knock you out like Inafune
compared to me, everyone's worse
this is my Megaman Universe

My brutha \m/

LakeEarth

Ahh okay, yeah I can't read that. I didn't see anyone mention it in SRK yet either.

Still no video of the supposed Yoshimitsu flea stance glitch. Some people mention it on the boards though. I wonder if the patch notes even mention it.

LakeEarth

Awesome. Though I really hope they heavily evaluated this patch to make sure it doesn't introduce another problem, or doesn't fix 1.03 patch glitches that haven't been discovered yet.

BTW, TV fixed, should have a non-red ringing 360 by Sunday. Back to this game!

Shouta

Hrm, anyone going to Evo to play SFxT but lack a partner? I've considered going and playing but it's still 2v2 so I gotta have a partner. I'm mostly going for Gundam but I figured it'd be nice to play this as well because it's going to be dead after Evo.

Hrm, anyone going to Evo to play SFxT but lack a partner? I've considered going and playing but it's still 2v2 so I gotta have a partner. I'm mostly going for Gundam but I figured it'd be nice to play this as well because it's going to be dead after Evo.

I dunno. I figure with the patches, new characters and the $500,000, Capcom is going to try to force the game down our throats until we like it. I give it 3-1 odds of dying, but still.

LakeEarth

Just ran into my first A ranked autoblock gem user on XBL. Dhalsim too. His name is XTERNALZ GAMB1T if you want to avoid him.

I hate facing random teleport Dhalsims too. If you have a standing jab that moves your character forward, you end up slipping under him and jabbing the wrong way.

ANOTHER ONE! What the fuck happened while my xbox was broken?

Tizoc

E3 has started! Someone knows when Capcom will appear? We'll have some news!

It'll be them showcasing the Vita version and releasing a trailer for the other characters.
I won't hold my breath on that.
At any rate gonna try and get some games with a friend this weekend.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
E3 has started! Someone knows when Capcom will appear? We'll have some news!

:lol. I seriously doubt that they would announce something new other than SF x TK. I am awaiting for Niitsuma's work so I guess we wouldn't hear anything until Comic Con or other event.

Tizoc

Colour pack 4 is up for free if anyone is interested. It's just different shades of brown, really.

I wanna find the idiots who thought up these free color dlcs and slap them with a shovel.
THEN I'm gonna show them KoF XIII's color edit mode.
AND THEN I'm gonna show them Tekken 6's Customization mode and THEN inform them of TTT2's customization mode.

LakeEarth

I kinda understand holding back the shiny ones and the neon ones, but brown? Not shiny, not plaid, not my character on fire... just.... brown. You held back BROWN for 4 months?!?

vg260

I kinda understand holding back the shiny ones and the neon ones, but brown? Not shiny, not plaid, not my character on fire... just.... brown. You held back BROWN for 4 months?!?

Yeah, it's totally ridiculous. How hard is it to give us a basic palette day one. Just even 8-10 basic colors, and save the special ones for later. So inane, it's beyond words.

I've barely touched this game. Stupid stuff like this makes me not want to touch it. Still kicking myself for buying the CE day one.

Let's discuss!

Tatsu's point of view about the raging about the game
and

the new characters on Capcom's stream

I still think the game has lots of problems, more than other Capcom games, but I agree with most of his arguments.

EDIT: they were playing SFxT, not anymore =/
i very much think its a good game to play. the only thing the game needs imo is timer freeze on supers and pandora. people compain about timeouts and running the clock, so why not give people tools to deal with lamers? though the real big problem with the game is that no one even wants to give it a chance. what reason would they have to?

i remember one time art talking about how no one plays the game, and how he hinted that hes training secret because he thinks its gonna be easy money. despite what people think of the game, it is an evo game. come july, i think it'll be quite interesting for people that geniunely like sfxt. all i can really hope for is that evo does things right and actually gets good commentators on stream.

danmaku

i very much think its a good game to play. the only thing the game needs imo is timer freeze on supers and pandora. people compain about timeouts and running the clock, so why not give people tools to deal with lamers? though the real big problem with the game is that no one even wants to give it a chance. what reason would they have to?

Welcome to the world of... every 2D fighter not made by Capcom.

Top Bottom