• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Tizoc

Amen. Rufus does insane damage, he doesn't need an awesome dive kick in a game where anti-airs and good reversals are few and far between.

Apparently Juri's dive kick is nerfed too, less pushback or something, making it easier to punish which I think is a good thing. It was stupid because in SSF4 if you wanted more damage you did the multi-kick version that was very unsafe. In SFxT, you could combo off of the safe version for some mean damage. The risk/reward was out of whack.

FYI, 3s online is still jumping. I played some SFxT last night and faced the same guy for 6 out of 8 matches. I then hopped to 3S where I faced someone new every time.

Say LakeEarth where are you from? I wouldn't mind playing some err 'laggy' matches against you ^_^; EDIT: Actually I'm asking about 3S, since I play SFxT with other people from my region ^_^;

Sayah

Dude, what the fuck is up with no Honda and Ganryu in this game? What the fuck.

Julia's partner should have been Ganryu the whole time.
I might get called a fan boy but I really like the game. The boost gems add a depth of cool customization to teams synergy that I find enjoyable. With the balance update it should get even better.

I'd say about half the cast is underused not because of viability or not but just ease of use and adjustment. A lot of people are doing stuff in this game like previous ones and they never regard the differences in SFxT compared to AE.

I mean if you can forgive Capcom for the bad marketing and bad presentation of certain things in the game, it's good. It's a 7.5 in my book. I just don't really appreciate all the nickel and diming they're doing by handling DLC through every single thing in the game they can. Otherwise, it plays good. I almost like it as much as AE but I don't see any new tricks in this game that could otherwise make it more technically in depth for the meta game. Proper anti-roll tricks, and option selects that we know are capable in the game.

You're not a fanboy for liking a game. I'd give this game 8.5/10 as it is currently. It can go up to 9 or higher if they fix the balance issues that I talked about earlier and raise Nina's health, lol. People just hate on the game because they like to follow the bandwagon of haters. Otherwise, if you ignore all the DLC, the game is brimming with content. What other game has an online training mode? Compare this to something like MvC3, which is AMAZING in its own right, but still is an empty package.

LakeEarth

Say LakeEarth where are you from? I wouldn't mind playing some err 'laggy' matches against you ^_^; EDIT: Actually I'm asking about 3S, since I play SFxT with other people from my region ^_^;

Ontario, but near the US border. Tonight I got g/f stuff to take care of, but if you play XBL add me at 'LakeEarth v1'.

SFxT - Kazuya/King, Jin/Kazuya, Kazuya/Hugo .... yeah I really need to find my second character.

3s - Alex main, Hugo/Q/Remy/Oro I know what I'm doing

And just for fun:
UMvC3 - Nemesis/Hawkeye/Doom, Spencer/Frank/Wesker
SF4 - Honda Abel Sakura

hertog

I just started SFxT and it said there was an update?!

Thought that would be on 05-19?

Well anyway, time to test out my new Guile/Sagat team.

Ex-Tiger Knee wallbounce combo's are so satisfying.

hertog

Ontario, but near the US border. Tonight I got g/f stuff to take care of, but if you play XBL add me at 'LakeEarth v1'.

SFxT - Kazuya/King, Jin/Kazuya, Kazuya/Hugo .... yeah I really need to find my second character.

And just for fun:
SF4 - Honda Abel Sakura

Great selection of characters!

mine would be:

SFxT Guile paired up with King/Sagat or sometimes Rolento or Kuma
3s Remy
SF4 Blanka, Guile, Cammy

LakeEarth

Well anyway, time to test out my new Guile/Sagat team.

Ex-Tiger Knee wallbounce combo's are so satisfying.
What combo would you suggest? I realize from my list of characters that fireballs really aren't my thing (probably cause of my 3s background), but I'm thinking of picking Sagat to counter-act that fact.

Tizoc

@flying_phoenix-
Yeah well NG was incomplete; a prototype if you will, even had infinite loops of sorts.
tHERE'S A video on YT that showcases some of the whacky combos you could do in it.

And just for fun:
SF4 - Honda Abel Sakura

Oh uh I'm on PS3 ^_^;
...but my mains in SFxT are: Hugo, Claw, King & Marduk(e).
3S: Alex, Ryu and Elena.

hertog

What combo would you suggest? I realize from my list of characters that fireballs really aren't my thing (probably cause of my 3s background), but I'm thinking of picking Sagat to counter-act that fact.

He has such an easy combo, Ex Tiger knee, j.HP into uppercut. That's about 350 damage with one meter and never misses.
You can use an EX-uppercut or an super to increase the damage. Or just start with a jump-in or cancel it from a launcher combo.
There are more complex combo's with sagat, but in this game I use easy to hit good damage combo's that won't fail due to lag.

But always use him as a secondary character, he needs his meter and he has a couple of difficult links in his launcher combo's because a lot of his normals whiff on crouching opponents.

hertog

@flying_phoenix-
Yeah well NG was incomplete; a prototype if you will, even had infinite loops of sorts.
tHERE'S A video on YT that showcases some of the whacky combos you could do in it.

Oh uh I'm on PS3 ^_^;
...but my mains in SFxT are: Hugo, Claw, King & Marduk(e).
3S: Alex, Ryu and Elena.

Man I love to play Marduk, but he's just too slow. All his normals have so much start up, even his jump-ins.

AAK

Are you serious Capcom???? something that has such a frequency of happening causes the game to crash??? I defended SFxT till now, but with stuff like this you're digging your own grave.

Someone should see if this glitch works online or is just local play only. And is this xbox or PS3?

According to SRK it's on both platforms.

Degen

That glitch is pure MUGEN

lmao

and that's what two people happened to find out a day after the patch came out? The future looks bright

Sayah

Good thing I don't use Rolento or a fireball character. Although, I don't think this may cause too much trouble. Rolento projectiles are often useless (at least they seem to be) and nobody uses them too often.

BHK3

Banned
FYI, 3s online is still jumping. I played some SFxT last night and faced the same guy for 6 out of 8 matches. I then hopped to 3S where I faced someone new every time.

Really? I usually didn't find that many matches and when I did they were all red connections.

laaame

Well I can't say this Rolento glitch is surprising considering all of these patches were a knee jerk reaction to all of the negative reaction to how broken this game is (imo the only legit problems was Kaz's infinite and Megaman). Honestly I'm just going to wait a bit and play other games until this is sorted out. Still really like the game but I can wait a few months so I can come back to what will seem like a new game (if the dev. Q&A is fulfilled).

On a semi-related note, how bad is KOF 13's netcode? This game's netcode is alright like 60% for me on my wifi fisher price internet so any comparisons between the two games?

sleepykyo

Well I can't say this Rolento glitch is surprising considering all of these patches were a knee jerk reaction to all of the negative reaction to how broken this game is (imo the only legit problems was Kaz's infinite and Megaman). Honestly I'm just going to wait a bit and play other games until this is sorted out. Still really like the game but I can wait a few months so I can come back to what will seem like a new game (if the dev. Q&A is fulfilled).

On a semi-related note, how bad is KOF 13's netcode? This game's netcode is alright like 60% for me on my wifi fisher price internet so any comparisons between the two games?

The demo for KoF does allow online play.

Tizoc

They'll fix it...in 2-4 weeks =V

So while playing around in Training mode...I come to an epiphany; I could use the Get 20% extra attack power when you perform a super, with characters whose supers do less than 300 points of damage.
...and while I'm at it, I should equip defense buffing gems to the ladies.
EDIT: Uh is the Power Gem I mentioned available only through purchase or something?

Bob White

http://revergelabs.com/2012/05/dinnertime-fun-whiteboard-wednesday/

7214148634_3ddd9e6484.jpg

Tizoc

Um.

So, are they going to be able to get a patch approved by Microsoft and Sony to fix that pre-Evo?

We're what less than 2 months from EVO right? Pretty sure they can get it patched before then.

What I don't get is how the heck, out of the THOUSANDS of command lines and the stuff that could happen in the game, did THAT specific move cause a glitch? Why wasn't it if Ogre's super colided with Bob's body flop? Or if King's UF+MK clashed with Rufus' dive kick? WHAT MADNESS CAUSED ALL THIS?!!?!?1111

Bizazedo

We're what less than 2 months from EVO right? Pretty sure they can get it patched before then.

What I don't get is how the heck, out of the THOUSANDS of command lines and the stuff that could happen in the game, did THAT specific move cause a glitch? Why wasn't it if Ogre's super colided with Bob's body flop? Or if King's UF+MK clashed with Rufus' dive kick? WHAT MADNESS CAUSED ALL THIS?!!?!?1111

It's early, still, there might be other issues.

And honestly? I wouldn't say the 2 month thing is guaranteed enough time. That assumes they knew about it or even started on a fix. It costs $$ to do a patch (on XBL at least). And the companies can take a long time to okay a patch.

TGMIII

There's a SFxT tournament where I live in 3 weeks. If they haven't fixed it by then I'm going to pick Rolento against every ryu I see :lol

danmaku

It's early, still, there might be other issues.

And honestly? I wouldn't say the 2 month thing is guaranteed enough time. That assumes they knew about it or even started on a fix. It costs $$ to do a patch (on XBL at least). And the companies can take a long time to okay a patch.

Not this time. They need to fix it before EVO or they might as well say goodbye to any chance of saving it. If the game won't be fixed, EVO will have to run the tournament with either the Kazuya infinite version or the Rolento bug version, it'll need special rules and the game will become the new Hokuto No Ken. Hell, it'll be worse, at least HnK glitches are funny!

USD

I got the SFXTK Arcadia mook in the mail today. Much more complete frame data than the BradyGames guide, has the frame data for normals standalone and as part of a Boost Combo. Just doing a random character check, Juri's frame data has differences between the two guides. The Arcadia guide says her cl.MP is -5, BradyGames says it's -4. Testing in training mode, it's punishable with Ryu cr.MK, which is 5F.

So yeah, it's been known that the BradyGames guide had inaccuracies, probably shouldn't use it as a reference for frame data.

Haven't had a chance to look at the rest of the book though. It doesn't have hitbox data unfortunately, but at least the Arcadia mook is more accurate. It has meter gain info as well, and (total damage - recoverable health) values.

Shouta

lol, I haven't played much in the last few weeks because I've been busy with other shit but someone justt told me about the new Rolento Glitch and lol that's just stupid.

LakeEarth

I'm trying out Sagat/Kazuya and I'm actually afraid to throw a fireball against Rolento. It's like they throw that knife just to shut down my fireball pressure, meta-game style.

Tizoc

I'm trying out Sagat/Kazuya and I'm actually afraid to throw a fireball against Rolento. It's like they throw that knife just to shut down my fireball pressure, meta-game style.

Then don't throw a fireball. I think you can stop Rolento's knives with a normal attack?

BTW what combos do you use with Sagat if you don't mind me asking?

Top Bottom