• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

mr_boo

I haven't played this game in a few weeks, but saw that arturo dlc auto block gem nonsense. Wow, where is capcom taking this game. How is that shit seen as acceptable?
I ran into a couple of these dlc auto block gem users yesterday - the difficult part was that these users were pretty high rank players, so it's not like they were beginners (I lost both matches). It was pretty frustrating ... the gem would trigger without doubt several times during the match (sometimes in succession), which is essentially damage taken away from me.

To me, it's pretty much BS ... the game already has issues with certain characters being too advantageous, so it gets expotentially worse when you run into these characters with this BS gem equipped.

BHK3

Banned
So I played it for the first time yesterday.

There's no way to put it back to the old input style is there? I really don't like that it only takes one quarter circle and the like to do supers.

Nyoro SF

There's no way to put it back to the old input style is there? I really don't like that it only takes one quarter circle and the like to do supers.

Wow. People will really complain about everything.

zlatko

Banned

You can double motion if you want. Just buffers it for ya.

hertog

I'm not sure how he was in SFIV but it's irritating to face him in this game. lol
He's definitely one of the better players in the game.

As a Guile player I can confirm that I've never felt this top-tier.
He's a solid A rank, below Ryu, Rufus, Kazuya, Raven and maybe Gief.

EX move: motion + two buttons pressed
Super: motion + three buttoms pressed

for some people (including myself) the EX input was never a problem, because you only had to press two buttons to do ex moves in SF4.

Three button EX pushing isn't a good idea for this game anyway since some characters have different EX moves depending on which two buttons you use. Like Kazuya's QCB+LP+MP/MP+HP/LP+HP all do something different.

zlatko

Banned
I'm not playing marvel.

I can't do EX attacks anymore, that's my problem.

What does buffer mean?

In your case for buffer it means you can do the QCF motion for example more than once. Two QCF and then a punch will still give you Hadouken with Ryu for example. You can do 400 Hadouken motions in a row then a punch, you'll still get Hadouken, UNLESS of course you are doing it too fast and fucking up inputs to make it give you a shoryuken.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
- get hit 5 times, activate 100+ fortitude. Cause why not?
This is interesting. I guess if you've been hit 5 times, it's possible you're in mid combo/juggle and want to cut down subsequent damage.

If I'm gonna use a Fortitude gem, I tend to apply the "block x times" or "opponent blocks x times" activator. Reason being that if I'm on the receiving end of a block string, I'm probably gonna get tricked/thrown eventually - or if I haven't gotten in that ass yet, I'm probably gonna end up getting countered or punished for something stupid.

Gems are nice for theory/tactical fighting, but I agree with pretty much everyone on the auto-block/tech monstrosities.

LakeEarth

This is interesting. I guess if you've been hit 5 times, it's possible you're in mid combo/juggle and want to cut down subsequent damage.

If I'm gonna use a Fortitude gem, I tend to apply the "block x times" or "opponent blocks x times" activator. Reason being that if I'm on the receiving end of a block string, I'm probably gonna get tricked/thrown eventually - or if I haven't gotten in that ass yet, I'm probably gonna end up getting countered or punished for something stupid.

Gems are nice for theory/tactical fighting, but I agree with pretty much everyone on the auto-block/tech monstrosities.

Yeah I like the ones that activate when getting hit, I like seeing myself getting hit by Xiao's kick x 6 loop and watching my health drain, drain, stay the same, stay the same, drain, drain, etc

Also, never pick the 10% defense gems. The 100 fortitude gems take the same amount of slots, and give you 100 points of defense. To get the same out of the 10% gem, you have to get hit for 1000 damage..uhhhh... a gem isn't going to save you if that happens.

But then the 20% defense gems make more sense than the 130 fortitude gems, at least in theory.

tried out some new teams online last night, felt good to land raven's crouching fierce loop on a few separate occasions. i think one of the hardest parts about trying out a new team is learning to use optimal damage combos off of cross rush/tag cancels.

Degen

5000BP for nothing! GAF ain't scared

Teaming with the enemy, AAK... smh

that's what you get, AAK! that's what you get! lol

Degen

ohhhhhh. well that makes sense lol

so wait, Sayah is a beast at both games...

Other guy just left; hope he wasn't also secretly from TekkenGAF lol

Sayah is a monster... this is like... well I guess it's like playing Sayah in Tekken 6

AAK, stop doing cool stuff with Asuka

Corner combos aaahhh

Sayah

ohhhhhh. well that makes sense lol

so wait, Sayah is a beast at both games...

Other guy just left; hope he wasn't also secretly from TekkenGAF lol

Sayah is a monster... this is like... well I guess it's like playing Sayah in Tekken 6

AAK, stop doing cool stuff with Asuka

Corner combos aaahhh

Your Hugo is a MONSTER. :p

Sayah

Now my PS3 is acting up. Taking forever to load a message. :/
And now I can't create lobbies for whatever reason. More of :/

Degen

Professor Beef must feel this way, only scrubbier

Damn... those were some fun games though :)
No doubt. I'd work on doing Kuma/Hugo combos that require thought if I hadn't already ditched the game for T6 and SC5 on a serious level

GGs AAK, Sayah, and random Canadian players

Sayah

Me and AAK spending the whole Friday night/Saturday morning playing this, lol. I needed this long game break after busting my ass for school. Pair play is so much fun. GGS to all.

Dang anyone else on ps3 right now??

I'll be on again tomorrow if you want to play. :)

Moaradin

So anyone modded the PC version yet to get the 12 characters?

I heard Capcom took the DLC characters out of the PC version because they knew they would be unlocked as soon as the game becomes available. A shame because I was looking forward to playing Sakura =(

hertog

What boost gem load out are you guys using with your team's order?

Guile/King

Guile:

- 20% damage boost after hitting 4 specials

- 20% metergain after attack gets blocked 4 times

- Auto Tech-throw, so I'll always keep my charge and I'll have an edge against my greatest weakness... Ryu :(

King:

- 10% damage after partner hits launcher, king is all about launcher combo's

- 20% damage after super, so he has an awesome punishing super or a great combo-ender

- 10% speed after launcher, when king gets in, he needs to get things done quickly of GTFO.

SUPARSTARX

They shouldn't even be allowing assist gems on the selection at the IPW/Southtown Arcade stream. C'mon Haunts. You know the game is good without them. Don't show it with that stuff plaguing games' strengths.

Even Ono said they were in the game to help people learn.

Sayah

It's pretty much BS that all the female characters in this game have lower health. It would make sense if any of them were overpowered but the sad fact is that they're not. Two shoryukens and there goes 35% of my health.

Myomoto

It's pretty much BS that all the female characters in this game have lower health. It would make sense if any of them were overpowered but the sad fact is that they're not. Two shoryukens and there goes 35% of my health.

Welcome to Misogyny Fighter. This has almost always been the case. The ladies at least usually have higher movement speeds.

Sayah

Welcome to Misogyny Fighter. This has almost always been the case. The ladies at least usually have higher movement speeds.
That's actually the only reason I often end up with female characters. I prefer agility over everything else. Although, in this game my only female character is Nina and sometimes (rarely) Lili.

I started paying attention to the damage output in a few matches. Result: a few hits from certain characters or two grabs from Hugo/Zangief = 50-70% health gone.

With Nina:
1. My attacks don't take nearly as much damage.
2. Less health.
3. Less recovery health damage than other characters.

I'm finding mostly all of the SF side to be problematic characters. From braindead Juri's to overpowered grapplers to wild chases with the shotos. This amount of character imbalance has basically convinced me to not even touch SFIV.

Fix your games Capcpom.

In any case, still enjoying this game despite all of this.

hertog

Been using Sagat now as a second character to my Guile. And this really feels like a winning combination.

He feels really solid, easy combo's and he can use all the meter he wants.

Top Bottom