• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

hertog

Welcome to Misogyny Fighter. This has almost always been the case. The ladies at least usually have higher movement speeds.

plus smaller character frame, so they are harder to hit.
Look at the characters with more life, they're all big and slow (Gief is quite quick in this game though :eek: )

And don't forget that Akuma, Cole, Guile and Vega also have less health than average. Or that King a grappler for gods sake, only has average HP.
Nina should have 1000 hp, but that's about it.

It's more that the Tekken characters, except the Mishima's, all feel.... quite incomplete or weak. But I just learn to deal with it and try to teach all those cheap, boring and bland Ryu's a lesson.

Beating a goddamn Shoto with King feels so rewarding.

Myomoto

plus smaller character frame, so they are harder to hit.
Look at the characters with more life, they're all big and slow (Gief is quite quick in this game though :eek: )

Part of the charm of Guile is his glass jaw, he almost always has lady health/stun tolerance.

Tizoc

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/13/capcom-considering-drastic-changes-street-fighter-x-tekken-talks-darkstalkers-and-sf4/

Eventhubs just translated a blog Q/A with the new SFxT producer, and its really long/detailed. He basically confirms that DS4 is in the works, but the bigger thing is that they are considering massive overhauls to SFxT. I'm glad to see they're not just writing off the game.

That's good to hear about SFxT, for one thing, imposing something of a 'limit' on what Gems you can equip can be helpful. Also, Online gem filtering for those that want it (mainly for any assist Gem that isn't Easy/Very Easy input).

Whogie

Aaaaand battle rank back to 0.
Just got this on the PC. It's fun, but this diagonal jump cancel is killing me. I'm not saying that's the only reason I suck, but it was pretty insulting when someone was mocking me by cheesing simple moves over and over :/

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/13/capcom-considering-drastic-changes-street-fighter-x-tekken-talks-darkstalkers-and-sf4/

Eventhubs just translated a blog Q/A with the new SFxT producer, and its really long/detailed. He basically confirms that DS4 is in the works, but the bigger thing is that they are considering massive overhauls to SFxT. I'm glad to see they're not just writing off the game.
Why? Where? How?

I always wonder how people reach that conclusion. Is there a golden nugget in the comments? *starts reading comments begrudgingly*
That's good to hear about SFxT, for one thing, imposing something of a 'limit' on what Gems you can equip can be helpful. Also, Online gem filtering for those that want it (mainly for any assist Gem that isn't Easy/Very Easy input).
Should be for all gems.

kirblar

Why? Where? How?

I always how people reach that conclusion. Is there a golden nugget in the comments? *starts reading comments begrudgingly*
Did you not read the interview? There are a lot of teasing answers.

laaame

Good to hear that they are going to try and fix some of the problems with the game. No mention of disabling accidental autocombos =(.

Nyoro SF

How do you ever put up with the comments on EH? Good Lord.

Well the first rule of the internet is to not take it seriously. I never take comments on any story on the internet to heart...

but there's quite a few people who do. And it kind of baffles me, since anonymous comments with no real worth to back them up shouldn't bother anyone.

Nyoro SF

I swear I didn't skim, I just didn't see that one the first time around (and two other questions looking at it again). But anyways, great work on the translation job, especially for the fact that you cut the fat from the original Q&A.

I was actually going through and translating it 1-to-1 initially, but it was taking so long and the idea of having to proofread that many lines was just too much.

hertog

Aaaaand battle rank back to 0.
Just got this on the PC. It's fun, but this diagonal jump cancel is killing me. I'm not saying that's the only reason I suck, but it was pretty insulting when someone was mocking me by cheesing simple moves over and over :/

This was me the first two weeks of the game.
I got raped by scrubby Ken/Ryu teams because I was playing SF4. Ow the rage, the rage was omnipresent.

hertog

Users: Please release the 12 new characters early. If you don't do it soon there won't be any players left after the summer rush of fighting games.
Ayano: Understood. We are considering changing the release date of the 12 characters. We also want to make this game strong enough to battle its way through the summer rush of fighting games.

Blanka is coming!

WWHHOOOAARRROOAAAGH!!!!

Blanka-backward-roll-alp.gif

Sayah

He's not correcting you. He hates the shoto characters. Male health scores are fine. I'm surprised Julia didn't get taxed though, if any female should have escaped the tax it should been Asuka.

Wow, I completely read that the wrong way. :/
Sorry hertog.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good Law tutorial?

Something all encompassing? What normals are good, anti airs, reversals, good entry level combos, etc?

Thought some of you might like this. I don't have the game, but have watched enough to know that SFxT has a reputation of time overs and saw this on my nightly rounds of the Japanese gaming sites.

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20120514_532679.html

Its a cross promotion with some cup ramen company that by scanning a QR code you get a timer so you can watch a SFxT match as your ramen is cooking. There is probably a more detailed and witty joke that could be made about the countdown timer, but i am too tired right now.

FSLink

Banned
I don't mind Blanka, but it should be a crime that he's in before E. Honda. :( Ah well. That Q/A that was just posted about the possible major overhauls sounds promising, hopefully they get the DLC out earlier too.

LakeEarth

You can tag cancel from a blocked fireball, right? I don't know why I always see players trying to make ground to tag cancel with an SRK or something when they're low on life when they could just chuck fireballs from the other end of the screen.

EDIT - actually you can't. You have to be about half-screen. Probably not actually position dependent code-wise, more likely you can only cancel during early recovery frames of the fireball.

Myomoto

I don't mind Blanka, but it should be a crime that he's in before E. Honda. :( Ah well. That Q/A that was just posted about the possible major overhauls sounds promising, hopefully they get the DLC out earlier too.

Dude, what the fuck is up with no Honda and Ganryu in this game? What the fuck.

as a honda main, i was pretty disappointed to hear that pretty much the entire sf2: CE roster would be in the game except for him. given the amount of jumping in this game, jab and ex headbutt would become two of the best anti air options. tag cancelling out of hhs would have been pretty sweet too.

LakeEarth

HHS would have to be qcf+P or something, like Chun. Can't have a multi-punch activation when there are chains in the game.

I'm just thinking about how overpowered s.hk would be if they kept it as a low. They'd probably make it real unsafe.

SUPARSTARX

I might get called a fan boy but I really like the game. The boost gems add a depth of cool customization to teams synergy that I find enjoyable. With the balance update it should get even better.

I'd say about half the cast is underused not because of viability or not but just ease of use and adjustment. A lot of people are doing stuff in this game like previous ones and they never regard the differences in SFxT compared to AE.

I mean if you can forgive Capcom for the bad marketing and bad presentation of certain things in the game, it's good. It's a 7.5 in my book. I just don't really appreciate all the nickel and diming they're doing by handling DLC through every single thing in the game they can. Otherwise, it plays good. I almost like it as much as AE but I don't see any new tricks in this game that could otherwise make it more technically in depth for the meta game. Proper anti-roll tricks, and option selects that we know are capable in the game.

sleepykyo

So now that the game has been released for some time and the dust has settled, is this game good?

No. Yes. Maybe. I don't know, it isn't like this game ever had a chance.

The autoblock gem ruins it for general online.

For competitive offline, a lot of the experimentation and adaptation got thrown out when it was announced as 2 v. 2 for Evo. That whole scenario where the US crowd reevaluated the game after Valle lost to Daigo in A3, John Choi lost to everyone over in Japan in CvS2 (when the US got that first taste of roll canceling) and the US lost to everyone in 3rd Strike never happened. Basically Chris G loses Infiltration rather handily (come to think of it everyone did) and the next day 2 v. 2 for Evo.

I'll just say no after all. If you haven't liked what you've seen so far, it isn't going to change. The SF crowd is going back to SF, the Tekken crowd is going back to TTT2 and well Marvel crowd never left MvC3. Whatever untapped potential, if there is any, is going to say untapped.

LakeEarth

The autoblock gem ruins it for general online.
To be fair, I play this game quite a bit and I've only run into 2-3 half-decent players using it. A low enough number that you can remember their names and avoid them, or in my case, pick King/Zangief/Hugo for that command throw raping.

Toski

Game had potential but Capcom screwed it up with their money hungry attitudes. I think most people will just go back to SF4.
I think this also helped "kill" the game. Combine this with 2v2 EVO announcement and the only people left playing the game are the ones who like it.

I think this also helped "kill" the game. Combine this with 2v2 EVO announcement and the only people left playing the game are the ones who like it.

So I guess this is worse than all the people who admittedly only play SF4 because it's the popular game?

Toski

So I guess this is worse than all the people who admittedly only play SF4 because it's the popular game?
People playing a game they like over games they don't like should be encouraged. After playing this and going back to AE2012, SFxT just feels more "natural." 2012 feels real restrictive to me, and the lack of focus is a plus.

Tizoc

People playing a game they like over games they don't like should be encouraged. After playing this and going back to AE2012, SFxT just feels more "natural." 2012 feels real restrictive to me, and the lack of focus is a plus.

Yeah I feel the same way, now SSF4 is more fun for me to watch than play. I agree about the restrictiveness too.

So what would you compare this game to in its reception and future then?

SvC: Chaos?
Capcom Fighting Evolution?
Neo Geo Battle Colosseum?
King of Fighters XII?
Battle Fantasia?

So Xiaoyu lost her her overhead into break dance. Another fighting game that takes all the time you invested to learning someone and making them worse than they already are.

Tizoc

So what would you compare this game to in its reception and future then?

SvC: Chaos?
Capcom Fighting Evolution?
Neo Geo Battle Colosseum?
King of Fighters XII?
Battle Fantasia?

NGBC~
...but honestly with ppl seeming to prefer SSF4 more than this game I think it's gonna need as long as SSF4 before it becomes more popular.

Also-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr1XCMvj1Xw&feature=player_embedded
I used the new Pandora extend gem on Ibuki, not a requirement for this combo, but means if you mess it up, you can have another couple of shots at landing some decent damage.

Raven has the important gems, with 20% dmg boost once a super is activated, and 30% when he goes into Pandora state. He also has a 20% dmg boost when he lands his 10th normal, but you can interchange that with another dmg boosting gem of your choice.

You can land this combo off of a st.jp or a jump in, so you'll not be short of chances to land big dmg. Even with just the two gems activated during super, and pandora is enough to make this a huge threat.
This is very situation-al IMO; as it requires you to not have performed a super and not connect with 10 normals.

Justin Wong popped off on Twitter last night about how awful Rufus is not that blocked divekicks are 3 frame punishable unless spaced correctly. So, there's something.

LakeEarth

Fucking good, the sooner capcom stop with the divekick nonsense the better.

Amen. Rufus does insane damage, he doesn't need an awesome dive kick in a game where anti-airs and good reversals are few and far between.

Apparently Juri's dive kick is nerfed too, less pushback or something, making it easier to punish which I think is a good thing. It was stupid because in SSF4 if you wanted more damage you did the multi-kick version that was very unsafe. In SFxT, you could combo off of the safe version for some mean damage. The risk/reward was out of whack.

FYI, 3s online is still jumping. I played some SFxT last night and faced the same guy for 6 out of 8 matches. I then hopped to 3S where I faced someone new every time.

Top Bottom