• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

hertog

If I play Guile/Sagat I actually got 2 viable characters.

Guile/King works great, but King is only there to finish Guile's tag-combo's, his incredible damage with his super (with a 20% damage gem on it) and his easy launcher combo's

f.lk into launcher combo and cr. mk into launcher combo both work great.

I'm not even trying his command throws or his knee-combo set-ups anymore, and sadly it works so much better.

Tizoc

Speaking of throws, why the heck does Gief's LP SPD have such a long range, frag's sake you can back dash TWICE and his LP Grab'll connect @_@

@hertog, what combos do you normally use?

hertog

Speaking of throws, why the heck does Gief's LP SPD have such a long range, frag's sake you can back dash TWICE and his LP Grab'll connect @_@

@hertog, what combos do you normally use?

Combo's with Guile:

Almost all my combo's are launcher combo's
I keep poking, zoning and jumping in until I got some decent meter build up.
After that the best combo that actually has is so simple.

J. HK, cl. HK into launcher
Great damage, and so little damage scaling for the second character.

When I tag Guile in, again simplicity is the key word, use what always connects.
So a simple cr. mp, cr. mp XXX lk-flashkick works every time.

Guile High kick into lk-flashkick is also an easy punish.

When you have meter to spend, cr. mp XXX Super (If you use another cr. mp the sonic hurricane doesn't connect on all it's hits.)

combo's with King:

If you get the chance, hit them with j.HP, knee, knee, knee, knee, cl. hp and finish with your super or RJB. (you can also start with a cross-up j.mk)

lp, mp XXX ex-convict kick into the same knee combination as above

jaguar spin, people's elbow, cl. hp into super or reverse armslamcombination is great for wake-up mix-ups.

cr. lp, cr. lp XXX RASC, easy pressure damage.

If, and only if, people start blocking everything you do, then you can mix them up with an EX-command grab. But if that fails you're really boned. Never rely on his grabs.

f.lk hits low, so use that for a launcher combo, or cr. mk, hk, hk

Both he and guile have got an awesome cr. mk for launchers.

Sagat:

Everything revolves around hitting that EX-tiger knee, from there there are so many combo's possible. Mostly I'll just use, j.hp, EX-tiger knee, j.hp, Tiger uppercut.
But after the wallbounce you can throw in another Ex-tiger knee, a forward HK, or you can even end it with a super.

forward highkick is also a great punish tools for jump-ins. You can hit it twice and finish with a tiger uppercut.

Everything about Sagat is solid. But I'm just using him so I can only get better from here.

LakeEarth

Then don't throw a fireball. I think you can stop Rolento's knives with a normal attack?

BTW what combos do you use with Sagat if you don't mind me asking?

I mean I'm chucking fireballs at him, and then he goes and does his knife move. That effectively shuts down my fireball game by him risking the freeze of the whole game. It's not about beating the knife, it's about scarring me out of fireballing.

And I'm really new with Sagat, so I'd just listen to hertog's post. Right now it's pretty much all SF4 strats, with a sprinkling of EX knees. One thing I noticed about this:
- if EX tiger knee hits 2-3 times, you can j.fp into uppercut after the wallbounce
- if EX tiger knee hits 1 time, you have more juggle points, so you can j.fp d.mk into uppercut, or whatever you want.

With King I tend to c.lk c.mk s.hp EX konvict kick into more pressure (since it's really plus on block), and try to get knees whenever I can. I really need to bring his shoulder charge (that has armor) and his LK Konvict Kick (which is pretty plus on block too) into his game, as they seem really good. Also, jaguar spin.

Degen

Make sure you guys don't use EX Spinning Bird Kick, EX Galactic Tornado, Rufus' super or Yoshimitsu's super against Rolento either lolol

feel free to use another Rolento because his glitch is immune to his own projectile lolol

lol add Hugo's EX air throw to the list

ok time to stop crashing my ps3

LakeEarth

Make sure you guys don't use EX Spinning Bird Kick, EX Galactic Tornado, Rufus' super or Yoshimitsu's super against Rolento either lolol

feel free to use another Rolento because his glitch is immune to his own projectile lolol

LOL, nice work.

Funnily enough, since the patch the frequency of Rolento's have gone up on XBL. Maybe it's just me though.

hertog

I mean I'm chucking fireballs at him, and then he goes and does his knife move. That effectively shuts down my fireball game by him risking the freeze of the whole game. It's not about beating the knife, it's about scarring me out of fireballing.

And I'm really new with Sagat, so I'd just listen to hertog's post. Right now it's pretty much all SF4 strats, with a sprinkling of EX knees. One thing I noticed about this:
- if EX tiger knee hits 2-3 times, you can j.fp into uppercut after the wallbounce
- if EX tiger knee hits 1 time, you have more juggle points, so you can j.fp d.mk into uppercut, or whatever you want.

With King I tend to c.lk c.mk s.hp EX konvict kick into more pressure (since it's really plus on block), and try to get knees whenever I can. I really need to bring his shoulder charge (that has armor) and his LK Konvict Kick (which is pretty plus on block too) into his game, as they seem really good. Also, jaguar spin.

Shoulder tackle is so hard to do on a fightpad :(
and I sometimes fumble with convict kicks, when they actually hit I often forget a follow-up, making it the most punishable move on hit there is (non ex-version that is)

Sagat can also go from a cr. mp to his ex-tiger knee after a launcher combo.
It makes him so perfect in synergy with Guile, that and the fact that he has 1050 hp.

He also has such a solid cross-up, only thing that I'm missing with Sagat is reach on his pokes.

hertog

Was reading the brady guide:

Low Step Kick: During this attack, Sagat quickly steps forward and throws out a sweeping ankle kick and then steps backwards to safety. Low Step Kick is a decent
poke because it’s safe on hit or block and has only slightly less range than standing HK . Unlike most attacks, Low Step Kick can be canceled before it hits into any
Special Move, Super Art, or Cross Art! You can use this to cancel into a Tiger Uppercut that reaches nearly half-screen or whiff cancel it into a Low Tiger Shot to keep
your opponent in more blockstun. If Low Step Kick Counter Hits a standing opponent, Sagat will be left at +35 frame advantage, which is enough time to perform a full
jump-in combo!

Need to use that move more often

Tizoc

Tizoc and LakeEarth, are you on PSN?

Right now? No since I'm gonna hit the sack soon. I'm free on Thursdays and Fridays though (any time before 8 PM GMT)
Mind you my net is pretty crappy and only good for playing against people from the Middle East ^_^;

LakeEarth

Tizoc and LakeEarth, are you on PSN?

No XBL. I have a PS3 though so i'm tempted to pick up some used copies of different fighters, just for the fresh blood.

EDIT - hmm, just had the game freeze on me. No fireball/knife shinannigans, I just swept with Sagat and it froze up. To the other guy I just disconnected, so it must've been unrelated and just a bug on my end.

EDIT 2 - nah it's just my xbox dying. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hertog

No XBL. I have a PS3 though so i'm tempted to pick up some used copies of different fighters, just for the fresh blood.

EDIT - hmm, just had the game freeze on me. No fireball/knife shinannigans, I just swept with Sagat and it froze up. To the other guy I just disconnected, so it must've been unrelated and just a bug on my end.

EDIT 2 - nah it's just my xbox dying. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

We-All-Know-That-Feel.png

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Looking for people to play with on either PSN or XBL.

Almost nobody on my friends lists are playing fighting games at all anymore. ;_;

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Pardon me, are they planning to overhaul SF x TK engine or battle system to make it fun? I can't help but recalled that from one of the article.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Haha, that's ridiculous. Basically you're lucky if you don't crash the game playing against a Rolento.

I just got some swanky new internet (in Japan though) so if anyone fancies helping a bro out and going toe-to-terrible-toe some time, then please add B-Genius on PSN.

SUPARSTARX

Taking a break from this game until it's sorted out for console and PC. D3 time.

And the toryuken commentators for sfxt were pretty dumb. Why put these clowns on if they're not interested?

laaame

Taking a break from this game until it's sorted out for console and PC. D3 time.

And the toryuken commentators for sfxt were pretty dumb. Why put these clowns on if they're not interested?

But that is pretty much every commentator for this game. Even Ultradavid, who seemed like he was somewhat interested in finding potential in this game, only does that because he is a known commentator and is pretty much forced to this game.
Civil War 4 was the only decent commentary and that was because you had one person who legitimately liked the game and one who was cautiously optimistic. The enthusiasm died later that tournament when they were replaced with Skisonic and Ultradavid.

hertog

Been trying Paul today... and my god. He's worse than Dan in most SF-games.

So I gave him a pink gi :)

But still all the Tekken Characters save for Kazuya, Raven and Heihachi feel pretty bad.

LakeEarth

Yeah I eventually gave up on Paul. He was simple so he appealed to me early in the game, but I was confusing simplicity for a complete lack of options. Great standing jab though, decent damage. But most of his moves are just not effective.

hertog

Yeah I eventually gave up on Paul. He was simple so he appealed to me early in the game, but I was confusing simplicity for a complete lack of options. Great standing jab though, decent damage. But most of his moves are just not effective.

and the fact that he's stunned after his wallbounce move that you can't hit it from everywhere, his dragon punch has no invincibility without hitting crouching opponents...

He is Dan, he's a shoto without a projectile who's slow and has only a few viable options.
He has a killer cross-up and can do some decent meterless damage.

Tizoc

^You should give him a proper colored Gi; Yellow
I don't know whether to ;D or ;.; at what I just posted

hertog

Everytime I think I can actually play a pretty good game with King, some random twat keeps jabbing/DP'ing at everything I do :(

I'm going 100% for Sagat

Tizoc

I shall observe that later today when I return home...

At any rate tried out Cammy in training mode yesterday; her St. HP does less damage than average, but I found this interesting corner combo-
(Jumping HK-->)St. HK-->JC-->Dive kick-->Cr. HP, Cr. MK-->QCF+KK-->St. HPxxDP+HK
Forgot how much damage it did though ^_^;

J10

Banned
Losing is all I seem to be able to do. I do nothing but training mode for weeks at a time, then go online and get destroyed by every possible team combination. I can barely get any moves off, I don't feel like I'm learning anything and am generally not having any fun. I don't understand how every player I come across is an expert.

Just whining.

Losing is all I seem to be able to do. I do nothing but training mode for weeks at a time, then go online and get destroyed by every possible team combination. I can barely get any moves off, I don't feel like I'm learning anything and am generally not having any fun. I don't understand how every player I come across is an expert.

Just whining.
What are they doing that's destroying you? What makes them experts?
Ogre is relatively easy but Akuma is a total douchebag in arcade :|

Hado-spamming douche!
Truth. Jin and Xiaoyu are also a joke compared to Bison and Juri.

The Tekken side even gets the shaft in the AI department.

Ogre is relatively easy but Akuma is a total douchebag in arcade :|

Hado-spamming douche!
bait the fireball. he always uses it at a specific range (99% of the time at the start of the round as well, but don't hold jump before the "fight", wait a splitsecond so he doesn't read your jump inputs). once you get the knockdown, hes pretty free to crossups (no autocorrect dp?), so just keep doing crossup into hardknockdown and repeat until dead.

j10 said:
Losing is all I seem to be able to do. I do nothing but training mode for weeks at a time, then go online and get destroyed by every possible team combination. I can barely get any moves off
what moves are you trying to do exactly? do you mean they get stuffed? or that you get nervous and have executional errors? focus on fundamentals. a standing poke, hit confirmed into a chain and boost combo is decent damage without even using a single special move.

Has anyone seen this yet?

This Zangief-sized offering contains games, music, art, video... just about every medium you can think of, all dedicated to this classic series and its devoted fans. For $149.99 (on either Xbox 360 or PS3), you get:

Games

-Street Fighter X Tekken (including all character and Swap Costume DLC)

-Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (with all costume DLC)

-Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

-Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition

Video

-New documentary Blu-ray that highlights the lifelong love affair fans have had with Street Fighter, and how their dedication has affected the game.

-Street Fighter IV, Super SFIV anime movies

-All episodes of the Street Fighter animated series (DELICIOUS!)

-Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie

Light-up Ryu statue

-Brand new statue with light up base. Eight inches tall and frozen in mid Shoryuken.

11 disc soundtrack

-Game music from the past 25 years, including remixes and fan-created music.

64 page hardcover art book

-Containing pieces from fans all over the world.

Ryu's belt

-Full size martial arts black belt for the aspiring World Warrior. Includes Ryu's "Furinkazan" in kanji.

Certificate of Authenticity

-Like any good collector's set, this comes with a lovely piece of paper telling you how limited and special it is. They're all individually numbered, so get one before they disappear! Arrives on September 18.

I think it's safe to say we'll be getting the DLC 12 before or on this date.

zlatko

Banned
So I traded the game into Gamestop. I hadn't played it in months and last time I touched it was probably when I played LakeEarth.

Going to stick with AE if I need a fighting game fix, but I expect D3 will consume my time till P4 fighter.

*pours one out for SFxT*

Has anyone seen this yet?

I think it's safe to say we'll be getting the DLC 12 before or on this date.

Uggh the finals are in San Fran? Does that mean only the winners can enter? Because that'd be the only one I could go to...

The release date for this collection is Sept. 18th and the Vita version is supposed to be released in the fall so the characters' release won't be dramatically early, if at all.

They said they were considering pushing out the characters earlier to bring life back to the game.

LakeEarth

So I traded the game into Gamestop. I hadn't played it in months and last time I touched it was probably when I played LakeEarth.

Going to stick with AE if I need a fighting game fix, but I expect D3 will consume my time till P4 fighter.

*pours one out for SFxT*

Well it's not like you were going to play me again ever. A few days after my 360 went, my TV decided to shut off and not turn back on anymore. Enjoy D3 ... I can't becausemy gaming PC won't stop BSOD every 5-10 minutes. I'm ready to blow up the world right now.

zlatko

Banned
Well it's not like you were going to play me again ever. A few days after my 360 went, my TV decided to shut off and not turn back on anymore. Enjoy D3 ... I can't becausemy gaming PC won't stop BSOD every 5-10 minutes. I'm ready to blow up the world right now.

Damn. Can't use your PC monitor as the TV ? :p

Someday in the future we'll do a run back on a different game. P4 or TTT2 perhaps.

zlatko

Banned
Yeah, that and my PS3 is still working so I'm not completely out of electronic devices. Plus my laptop but it can't handle much gaming.

Well if you aren't a broke ass you can always hit up getting a new gaming PC. You can get a PC that runs Witcher 2/BF3 on max at Dell.com for roughly $1,000.00. You'd probably spend about the same amount trying to build it yourself. Then you can hit up that SFxT PC when it hits, and enjoy D3 till then. :D

LakeEarth

The broken PC is a year old, just out of warranty. I think it's a problem with the electricity in my apartment, so I'm going to figure that stuff out before I start replacing anything.

Tizoc

Will spend some time practicing in Training mode later tonight and hopefully I can get online tomorrow night for some matches (FYI when I say 'night' that means daytime for most of you ;P)

Top Bottom