• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stupid Questions |OT| of questions that don't deserve their own threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

How do I get a post to say when my last edit was? I often find myself editing and then having to say "edit:" and I'd like to have the old method of the "last edited..." in the bottom right corner of the post. Is that a setting somewhere that I need to enable?

edit for Zoe.

If you have four objects on the left and four on the right, like so...

RRRR_LLLL

and you need to swap them to achieve...

LLLL_RRRR

The only possible moves are,
A) move in to a space - RRRR_LLLL becomes RRR_RLLLL
B) jump in to a space - RRR_RLLLL becomes RRRLR_LLL

what is the fewest moves possible?

Got sick of Juan Mata?

Zoe

How do I get a post to say when my last edit was? I often find myself editing and then having to say "edit:" and I'd like to have the old method of the "last edited..." in the bottom right corner of the post. Is that a setting somewhere that I need to enable?

Wasn't it changed so you no longer see it on your own posts? Try editing your post now.

Zoe

3IqiS.jpg

Just went through a Mikel appreciation period a while back.

Why you not around the footy thread any more?

ESPN 2 for the most part doesn't broadcast the games at all anymore. Even on Saturday mornings. And I don't get Gol TV or Fox Soccer anymore since Comcast boosted the price of the package its a part of by a lot. So basically - I have no access to football unless I wanna sit at my computer and watch streams. And even that is near impossible since due to the time difference the games air in the middle of the day when I'm at work. :/

Pachimari

I don't have a single game for my MacBook, so I'm thinking which games run well on a MacBook Air (2011)?

Mafia? San Andreas? FM 2013? ArmA? Amnesia? Any tactical shooters?

ESPN 2 for the most part doesn't broadcast the games at all anymore. Even on Saturday mornings. And I don't get Gol TV or Fox Soccer anymore since Comcast boosted the price of the package its a part of by a lot. So basically - I have no access to football unless I wanna sit at my computer and watch streams. And even that is near impossible since due to the time difference the games air in the middle of the day when I'm at work. :/
Nightmare. Suppose it would be hard to follow with the time differences and all.

Baconbitz

Banned
So, I've been wanting the first level music to World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck for a few days. So, yesterday I recorded the song from my Genesis to my Brothers computer using Windows Sound Recorder. I'm guessing for the fact that I plugged the one side of the auxiliary cable into the headphone jack rather then the microphone jack that it turned out this way. Anyways, is it worth it trying to edit this to make it sound close to CD quality or should I re-record it? Also, if I do re-record it should I put the one end into the mic jack on his computer?

OddSpoon

Banned
I'm in the market for a new smartphone. Looking at iPhone 5, and the Samsung Galaxy S3. Can someone link me some Neogaf comparison/vs threads between these two phones

RiverBed

Banned
Do astronauts defecate in space or are they on a strictly 'peed out only' diet? If they do, how does it work? I assume peeing is done via a suction tube.

Also, do you need to train every day while in space or can you skip a few days? How fast/serious is muscle loss in space?

Izick

I'm almost through Twin Peaks (amazing show) on Netflix, and I'm curious what to watch next. I had:

-Walking Dead
-Breaking Bad
-Firefly

in mind.

ultron87

I'm almost through Twin Peaks (amazing show) on Netflix, and I'm curious what to watch next. I had:

-Walking Dead
-Breaking Bad
-Firefly

in mind.

Do you want something gritty and dark or something happy? Firefly is happy (ish), Breaking Bad is not. Both are good. I'd start BB over Walking Dead, since if you start now you can catch up and get to watch the last half season of the series live next year.

Izick

Do you want something gritty and dark or something happy? Firefly is happy (ish), Breaking Bad is not. Both are good. I'd start BB over Walking Dead, since if you start now you can catch up and get to watch the last half season of the series live next year.

I can really watch anything as long as it's quality, to be honest.

Minamu

I got a new leather jacket today but the zipper isn't biting properly, leaving holes in the chain. One of the "teeth" seems slightly bent, is there any way to fix it without returning it to the store and getting my money back?

-Walking Dead
-Breaking Bad
-Firefly

in mind.

My personal opinion - Breaking Bad >>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Walking Dead > Firefly

And I like TWD and Firefly. I just think BB is on a different level than both of them. Its about as close to an HBO show that I've ever seen on regular tv.

chiQ

Do astronauts defecate in space or are they on a strictly 'peed out only' diet? If they do, how does it work? I assume peeing is done via a suction tube.

Also, do you need to train every day while in space or can you skip a few days? How fast/serious is muscle loss in space?

I'm pretty sure there's pooh :)

I don't know about muscular atrophy countermeasures. I would think the more regularly you do the workouts the better of you'd be, but I don't know any specifics.

Goddammit opera why said:

How in the hell can I get the regular toolbar at the top [with file/edit/tools/close window button/etc] back? This just started happening this morning.

Yes, I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, if it helps.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Bought a N64 game on eBay. The seller shipped it and provided a tracking number that never worked (said check post office, hers). Anyways I never received the game and I have 2 days to file a claim with PayPal. The seller agreed to ship me another copy but do I make a claim anyways saying she's agreed to ship another copy? Seems like I should just to be safe right?

Jaffaboy

I have a grammar question; is this a correct sentence? What do you do on Monday? Or does it have to be 'What do you do on Mondays?' with the 's'?

Edit: Thanks for the responses, I was referring more to a routine. I didn't think of "what do you do on a Monday?" but to me that sounds more like an American phrase than a UK one, I can't recall ever using it myself so maybe that's why.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Does anyone know a way to watch the 2012 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade live online? The whole unabashed shebang?

Don't have a TV right now, but do have a good connection and a computer and would like to watch it with my kids.

Baconbitz

Banned
So, I got on my laptop for the first time in a long time. On gaf when searching google for a thread or someone linking to another page/thread and I click on it the font size is small. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Why do people dye their hair unnatural colors? It looks so fucking stupid. I don't get it. Question was brought up again by a friend when he saw kitchen nightmares. The old black lady had half her hair dyed red.

In fact, Why do so many people who do this have two colors. Red and your natural black? Pink and BLUE? Seriously? Color blind much?

I used to know a chick with bubblegum pink and blue hair. Drove me nuts.

Thoughts on this?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
It's not more unnatural than makeup or fashion in general. If they enjoy coloring their hair in bright colors then I'm fine with it.

Of course some people do make a hash of it or pick colors that just don't suit them well. (I had lilac hair once, that was an ill-informed choice.) But that's true of makeup or fashion or even dying hair natural shades.

Two colors at once, though, that does require skill to do correctly. Unless it's like a complementary highlighting sort of thing (like yellow with orange), that's a little harder to mess up.

Mechazawa

Why do people dye their hair unnatural colors? It looks so fucking stupid. I don't get it. Question was brought up again by a friend when he saw kitchen nightmares. The old black lady had half her hair dyed red.

In fact, Why do so many people who do this have two colors. Red and your natural black? Pink and BLUE? Seriously? Color blind much?

I used to know a chick with bubblegum pink and blue hair. Drove me nuts.

Thoughts on this?

...because they like the way it looks on them? Because they wanted to try something different?

I'm not sure what answer you're looking for here.

I have an external hd hooked up to my computer and my computer never recognizes it automatically after start up. I have to unplug the power or usb and plug it back in for it to sync up. This happened with my previous external hd too. Am I using it wrong / expecting too much or does this seem indicative of a problem with my computer and the usb port to which I have the external hd connected?

What's a good free Spyware program?

I had Spybot Search and Destroy, but it doesn't work with Firefox anymore for some reason, so I got the Spybot 2 beta, which was fine, but only seems to be a trial, so now I have to pay if I want to continue using it.

Any alernatives?

Thanks. I'll try it. It looks familiar though. I may have tried it before and if I did, then it had a expiration period too. Such a shame the original Spybot doesn't work for me anymore. It was prefect.

What? it's one of the best ones out there, not just pretty good.
Well, none of the anti-malware softwares do a good job preventing harmful programs. The last few times I've removed malware or viruses I've had to use a combination of multiple tools and some manual effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom