• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

MHA 32
fwTK8E3.jpg
JLqdxQG.jpg
oOXspdE.jpg

Good anime-original episode.

Lain

Italian edition of Your Name is gonna be out on November 8th instead of October. Bleh.
55€ for the Collector. I just need to know what's in it.

Syv

Neo Member
I didn't know in what thread to post this, so i will just post it here.

Because Owari S2 airs today and tommorow, i rewatched part of the series to see things that could be relevant to it.

I have some theories about things that are going to happen.

1) Why did Gaen
kill Araragi
at the end of Koyomimonogatari? What is her plan?

AVCfB6B.png
XMKp6oD.png
nbdvnF7.png
1Sijaxt.png

I think she is trying to set her original plan back into motion. She tried to make
Shinobu into a god
, but Ougi interfered and made
Nadeko into one
. This however didn't seem like it was Ougi's original plan either.

This is only a speculation, but i think Ougi wanted
Mayoi to be the god for the shrine
. What her objective now is howerver, i have no idea.

Now that it is back to how things where before Otorimonogatari, Gaen tries it again with a more drastic measure than before. Now that Araragi
is dead
, Shinobu should get back here
full power
and i thought about how Gaen wants to deal with it.

2) How will Araragi
come back to life?
How will Gaen deal with this?

This is pretty obvious as he was
killed with Heartspan
, which means he was enough of an apparition to be affected by it. So it
should be possible to revive him with Dreamspan
, which we know happens, as he is seen in Hanamonogatari.
As i'm pretty sure Gaen is in possession of it, she will use this as a bargaining point against Shinobu to try to put her in the position she wants.

MZsbsgi.png
GQupG56.png
TY8bBG2.png

The way we see him in Hana leads me to believe there are to possible outcomes for Araragi in relation to his vampirism after
he comes back to life
. As we can
see him in the mirror
in Hana he is
back to being human or a strong enough vampire to show his mirror image despite being a vampire
. I myself lead more to the first possibilty, as i think Gaen is gonna succeed and
places Shinobu as the god of the shrine, thus severing the ties between Shinobu and Araragi

3) Will Oshino Meme show up?

I0fhk7Y.png
ACBYao0.png
Mjkz14g.png

Here aswell i see two possibilities. I know obviously there are two possibilities, he swhos up or he doesn't. I think there are arguments for both sides.
Araragi was
told to search for Oshino, as he most likely can solve this situation
and Hanekawa was looking for him for several months now.
An argument for him not showing up is the quote from the third picture, he always said this and maybe he will not show up exactly because of that. Araragi
has to save himself from Ougi and noone can help him with this
Especially as he has a very strong connection with Ougi
Which leads me to the most important Question.

4) What is Ougi?

As she says here an apparition always has a reason befitting it and the same thing is true with Ougi. It is obvious that Araragi and Ougi have a special connection to one another. I think the connection is similar to the one Hanekawa had with the Tiger.
Ougi
comes from Araragi the same way the tiger came from Hanekawa

To see why that would happen, we have to look when Ougi first showed up.

dcQpzrg.png
QXm30UG.png
BOdVYlw.png
i4LbPty.png

It was after
Mayoi disappeared and the incident with Shinobu's first minion wraped up. She appeared the day before Oikura came back to school
Like he says in the first picture Araragi was
kinda fed up with how things were going and he didn't want things to continue this way. In order for that to happen he split of part of his personality the same way Hanekawa did. I think he somehow heard that Oikura is coming back and that is what pushed him over the edge into "creating" Ougi

XSgKxti.png
mWPThh0.png
Qox4QGh.png

Ougi is
part of how he thinks things should be dealt with, but turned up to the extreme. The darkness that he encountered, which was the first "big" loss he had since spring break, influenced how he thinks about the world and how it should be and Ougi is an reflection of these thought processes. Which is why Ougi feels eerily similar to the darkness

These are some theories, maybe the most important ones, i have for Owari S2.
I'm sure i overlooked a ton of things and i'm probably wrong with alot of things, but i think some things could come true.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
My Hero Academia Season 2, Episode 19:

So does this count, did this actually happen in terms of Froppy's magical funtime internship adventures or is it like most filler to be ignored?

Jintor

So does this count, did this actually happen in terms of Froppy's magical funtime internship adventures or is it like most filler to be ignored?

it's anime original yeah

but like you already watched it, so too bad

DNAbro

My Hero Academia S2 Episode 19

This was a fun filler episode. More Froppy is always good. I love how the sidekick's quirk was basically "she has good hearing" and that's it. I'm impressed she was even able to become a hero with that.

Tsuyu mentions in the manga that she helped capture stowaways and that's the extent of it.

The first minutes into Owarimonogatari and the show cracks me up again. How I missed old school Monogatari, Araragi and Snail antics and stuff.

Qurupeke

Mayoi Hell
Sums it up. Tbh, it was a bit disappointing, other than seeing Mayoi's antics again. Some nice visuals here and there, but the second half was boring. Thankfully...

Hitagi Rendezvous
This was awesome. It's been a while since Hitagi's last appearance and the comeback was worth it. The dialogues, her obsession with Hanekawa and pretty much the entire date were really cute. So many funny scenes, like her nonchalantness about Hanekawa and Meme, the one on the bed and her reactions when she lost to Araragi. I really missed the way she treats him. Also, driver Hitagi was unexpected, but I loved it. This arc sums up why she's the best girl, no contest.

Tsukihi and Ononoki made a short appearance too, I suppose. Ougi Dark tomorrow, can't wait.

duckroll

Little Witch Academia TV - Episode 6
I guess this is a "plot" episode meant to introduce a little more of the larger part of the outside world and a new character for future misunderstandings/love triangles/lame drama. Bunny ear Akko was cute but I'm getting really tired of the two most repetitive and lameass plot elements in the series - a) Akko sucks at magic, b) Luna Nova is going to run out of money and close at any moment! Both are stupid artificial drama plot points and making Akko soooooo incompetent is really exaggerated and ridiculous.

Little Witch Academia TV - Episode 7
Akko's incompetence takes on a whole new dimension of annoyance here. But there's some solid storyboarding, and erm... errr... fishes are cute? Maybe? Idk. Who thought it was a good idea to have a fish professor? Why? How? This school deserves to close down.

Little Witch Academia TV - Episode 8
SUCY LAND! BEST SHOW EVER! YAY! LWA SAVED!

Little Witch Academia TV - Episode 9
This is one weak episode. The entire gag was obvious from the start, and the story was paper thin. In a very Saturday morning cartoon series so far, this is the most Saturday morning cartoon episode yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if the characters appear in the manga at some point, even as a token nod.

PK Gaming

Katanagatari 1-END

So I had this big, heartfelt review typed up and everything but it got deleted. Ah well, I guess this will have to work as a substitute:

WaalkvK.png

10/10 show, would watch again.

My Hero Academia, Episode 30 (Dub) - Bravo Studio Bones. The Stain fight ended up living up to expectations. Funimation's dub of this series is seriously one of their best. Up there with FMA and Baccano's. And that ending with Stain's murderous intent, where even Endeavor got shook....

source.gif

ReCreators Episode 17
DHCZ_SyV0AA1OZ6.jpg:small

Best ship best wallpaper

I love how I have the same reactions as the viewers, it was just so fitting and perfect.

Military Uniform Princess will always be on the list of best antags, so many great lines and moments.

And the Blitz conversation, I love how they both said the same lines, and how she was toying with him, best creator.

Sciel

Fate/Apocrypha 1-7

My biggest problem with this show is the animation. It just isn't doing the show justice.
I'm not expecting Ufotable quality but god damn, some scenes just look like utter shite.

Really can't believe they are handling one of the most popular anime franchise in this manner.

jbug617

Banned
We got another anime kickstarter coming. announcement later today
DHC8Q7lUAAAodA_.jpg

credit to WTK

Also in the RS email said there are big announcements at their panel tonight.

Hitorijime My Hero Episode 6

Back to the bully plot but was a bit sad how the friends handled it, no one thought to follow Settkun or anything. Glad Hasekura at least thought to look into it, though he could have helped too.

Laiza

Sword fight from Princess Principal

Anyone else think the sound design for this was awful? Were they fighting with cast iron pans to get this sound?
Not caught up to this point yet, but watched it anyway because I love this sort of thing.

They're using a lot of stock sound effects in here. Hell, I recognize some of them from video games. I guess you could call it lazy. I'm hard-pressed to think of a series that foleys all of their weapon clashes, however.

On another note, her performance here suggests that she should be solid muscle from the neck down, but of course her depiction isn't going to include that because it'd be unappealing to the fanboys. An unfortunate miss, but one I'm used to at this point.

On another note, her performance here suggests that she should be solid muscle from the neck down, but of course her depiction isn't going to include that because it'd be unappealing to the fanboys. An unfortunate miss, but one I'm used to at this point.

I try not to complain too much about the show because I feel like every time I bring it up I'm being negative, but the actual fight animation didn't do much for me either. The complete lack of reaction from either person in the fight when they made contact with each other really blew the scene for me.

Speaking of video game stocks, that metal noise is dead-on the sound of metal dropping in gmod.

jbug617

Banned
Funimation made a lot of announcements
https://www.funimation.com/blog/201...r&utm_content=industry-panel&utm_nooverride=1

The big one:
DHDbrybV0AAtxm4.jpg:small

Sub and Dub. Will also come with Radwimps Soundtrack
Full details
Two-piece collectible chipboard box with rainbow holographic finish, featuring the star-crossed lovers Taki and Mitsuha
Your Name. 2-disc original soundtrack by RADWIMPS, with English and Japanese versions
60-page hardcover art book
Art digipack
Blu-ray + DVD of the film and 59 minutes of extras.
your name.: Interview with Makoto Shinkai
Makoto Shinkai Filmography
Special TV Program
Trailers

Funimation made a lot of announcements

Also in continuation in their partnership with Crunchyroll, they're releasing Myriad Colors Phantom World and Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia on Blu-ray in November.

Futury Diary/Mirai Nikki is also getting a re-release with the OVA finally receiving an English Dub.

John Blade

Hmm...I wondering if I should take a bite of Your Name. It's a good movie when I watch it during my trip. Either way, I just bought myself some Animeigo stuff and spend quite a bit so...guess I can wait a bit.

I think Your Name still gets completly ignored here in Germany. At the recent anime movie festival the staff was pretty clear about it: "Your Name is too expensive for us, so you guys get In This Corner Of The World as first one outside of Japan".

Well, can't complain about that logic, In this Corner is indeed the way better movie but Your Name would have been the bigger hit within the dedicated anime fanbase here.

Owarimonogatari S2 ep 1-2

SO GOOD. These were just so fulfilling. If the series ended like this it would have been amazing. But I am very glad we are in for like another ten years of monogatari. The 2nd ep confirmed I wouldn't mind if the series becomes a straight slice of life of Senjougahara and Araragi after their college life lol. Just so entertaining.

Scavenger

I think Your Name still gets completly ignored here in Germany. At the recent anime movie festival the staff was pretty clear about it: "Your Name is too expensive for us, so you guys get In This Corner Of The World as first one outside of Japan".

Well, can't complain about that logic, In this Corner is indeed the way better movie but Your Name would have been the bigger hit within the dedicated anime fanbase here.
Universum has recently announced they acquired the German theatrical and home video rights.

That's still a lot better than in the Netherlands where we only got two screenings at a film festival. Apparently Toho was a pain in the ass to deal with. The curator said that Toho was overestimating the size of the festival and therefore asked too much money for the screenings, but they managed to convince them to lower the price.

Luigi87

Now that I have CR sub again I suppose I should watch some stuff..

... jeez, I used to follow shows per quarterly season until E7 AO disillusioned me so much I stopped watching anything not titled Gundam, Monogatari, or DRRR!!... I mean I've been watching Little Witch Academia on Netflix, but now I gotta find other stuff.

I suppose 91 Days is a place for me to start.

Now that I have CR sub again I suppose I should watch some stuff..

... jeez, I used to follow shows per quarterly season until E7 AO disillusioned me so much I stopped watching anything not titled Gundam, Monogatari, or DRRR!!... I mean I've been watching Little Witch Academia on Netflix, but now I gotta find other stuff.

I suppose 91 Days is a place for me to start.

Hand Shakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom