• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Girlfriend Gal ep.10/END?
hqXaRZE.png

yki3hth.png
Only 10 eps, huh? I don't think anyone will complain about that. At least Ranko should be an AnimeGAF favorite. She's yuri, and she's a sadist..

At least the ending was kind of cute..

Unit24

So now that it's over, what's the over/under on Re:Creators? The reaction I've seen so far is the most mixed I've seen for a series in a while. Is it worth watching?

Narag

Master of Martial Hearts 5 FIN

Expected something weirder than what I got which is unfair since I watch a lot of weird shit as is but I'm still left with this unsettling yet still dawning recognition that I may have just watched someone celebrate the early works of David Fincher with a five episode ecchi tournament ova.

trejo

So now that it's over, what's the over/under on Re:Creators? The reaction I've seen so far is the most mixed I've seen for a series in a while. Is it worth watching?
Not really unless you were committed to seeing it through for completion's sake. There's much better wastes of your time.

duckroll

Starts kinda slow, is mostly a rather predictable story given the material, doesn't full take advantage of the potential it has. Maaya plays the most interesting character in the show and she gets some really good scenes. Towards the middle it gets a lot more interesting, relatively. There's some pretty good action in the final chunk. Ending is kinda whatever.

I'll probably forget about most of it within a year or two. Don't regret watching it though.

Quasar

Girlfriend Gal ep.10/END?

Only 10 eps, huh? I don't think anyone will complain about that. At least Ranko should be an AnimeGAF favorite. She's yuri, and she's a sadist..

At least the ending was kind of cute..

I would have watched more I think.

I'd prefer more Galko-chan though, as I'm reading the manga of Gal so I get more of that already.

I wouldn't call the rules complex, it's more the number of possible hands and what beats what that can become overwhelming. Japanese mahjong is closer to something like poker IMO.

Well, yeah, that's basically what I'm referring to. There's a lot of specialized terminology related to kinds of hands and how you put them together than makes mahjong discussions even more impenetrable to outsiders than sports or game discussions usually are.

It's like a 6/10 in my book. Had a really interesting premise but it botched it's execution.

It's a decent watch though since the actual meat of the creations interacting with their creators and the whole meta take on audience acceptance is pretty interesting.

Jarmel

Banned
There's regular levels of drugs and then there's Kawamori's stash.

Genius Party- Shanghai Dragon

This is a story about cyborg space cops and an AI who travel back in time, with the humans in search of a child that can wield a magic stick that transforms thoughts into physical objects. The child chosen is weird but transforms into a superhero who defeats the AI. He then creates a dragon and rides that dragon with the space cops into the future.

#kawamoridrugs2stronk

I just saw first episode of drifters... I don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it.

Anyone who has seen the show; is it worth sticking with?

I did enjoy Sengoku Basara a lot but it seemed a lot more silly than this.

Jesus.
Finally catched up to Made in Abyss.

Episode 10 was the most intense episode of anime I've watched in years. I almost paused it to compose myself. Like holy shit that fucking episode.

zulux21

I just saw first episode of drifters... I don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it.

Anyone who has seen the show; is it worth sticking with?

I did enjoy Sengoku Basara a lot but it seemed a lot more silly than this.

I need to sit down and give drifters another try, but i fear for me it has the same issue as hellsing ultimate. All flash and no substance.

anyways...

Chihayafuru season 1 english dub watch.

competitive poem reading is fun to rewatch in english.
I was going to pick up the manga instead of rewatching season 2 but there doesn't seem to be any way to read the stuff in season 2 in english :/

despite everything they only recently released volume 4 in english.

Good, not great, pretty lopsided. Spends its first 11 episodes laying out the mechanics to its world, then ramps up into action for the back half, and tries to pull out some emotionally heavy stuff it never really spent enough time on earlier because it was so obsessed with mechanics.

It's still fun though, assuming you're interested in the mechanics of fictional characters coming to life and what you can and can't do with that.

Princess Principal 11

Well that ending makes very little sense. I wish they'd had actually bothered to string together a series of events to reach that endpoint in a way that logically flowed, but alas.

Kenstar

Master of Martial Hearts 5 FIN

Expected something weirder than what I got which is unfair since I watch a lot of weird shit as is but I'm still left with this unsettling yet still dawning recognition that I may have just watched someone celebrate the early works of David Fincher with a five episode ecchi tournament ova.

You spurred me to watch the whole thing and I'm left holding all these questions

To anyone reading: No one gave a shit about this and there are no answers dont even watch ironically 0/10

Narag

It's that time of year again where I ask what was decent this year and so i can pretend to watch it before january for aoty voting but instead forget to and die of anime in before voting ends. Not a lot looks to grab me next season so hoping to play catch up.

Looks like what I've watched so far this year includes:
  • Kemono Friends
  • Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
  • Konosuba 2
  • Tiger Mask W
  • Ai Mai Mi: Surgical Friends
  • Yamishibai S4
  • Berserk
  • Re:Creators
  • Attack on Titan S2
  • Yamizukan

Looking to finish:
  • Youjo Senki
  • Rakugo S2
  • KiraKira Precure
  • MHA S2
  • ID-O
  • Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul
  • New Laughing Salesman
  • Action Heroine Cheer Fruits
  • 18if
  • A Centaur's Life
  • Kakegurui
  • Knight's & Magic
  • Made in Abyss
  • Symphogear AXZ
  • Princess Principal
  • Altair: A Record of Battles
  • Mahyoujin Guru Guru
  • The Reflection
  • Yamishiba S5

Holding off on IBO and 3gatsu for reasons so no need to mention those. Anything I overlooked from the past three seasons that I should give consideration to?

Pre-emptive: @Metroidprimerib - No Heybot

Also if there was any shitty fantasy shows I didn't notice, hit me up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You never watched Interviews with Monster Girls? It's like Centaur's Life but with a ripped school teacher. Also entertaining.

zulux21

You never watched Interviews with Monster Girls? It's like Centaur's Life but with a ripped school teacher. Also entertaining.

I second giving interviews with monster girls.
by all means I should hate it because of how cute they were, but overall it was a pretty enjoyable watch.

phaze

It's that time of year again where I ask what was decent this year and so i can pretend to watch it before january for aoty voting but instead forget to and die of anime in before voting ends. Not a lot looks to grab me next season so hoping to play catch up.

• Kemono Friends
  • Konosuba 2
  • Tiger Mask W
  • Yamishibai S4
  • Berserk
  • Attack on Titan S2
  • Yamizukan

Looking to finish:
  • Youjo Senki
  • Rakugo S2
  • KiraKira Precure
  • MHA S2
  • ID-O
  • New Laughing Salesman
  • 18if
  • A Centaur's Life
  • Kakegurui
  • Knight's & Magic
  • Made in Abyss
  • Symphogear AXZ
  • Princess Principal
  • Mahyoujin Guru Guru
  • The Reflection
  • Yamishiba S5

Holding off on IBO and 3gatsu for reasons so no need to mention those. Anything I overlooked from the past three seasons that I should give consideration to?

Kuzu no Honkai is one omission that springs to my mind at the moment.

daveo42

Banned
Little Witch Academia season 2 (14-25) END

I loved the build up with different characters up to the finale. And boy howdy that was a fun ending, even if it toes the line with the believe in yourself/friendship is magic troupe. It was to be expected since that was what the show's message had been all along. I think the one thing that did take me by surprise was
Chariot stealing magic of those at her shows with Akko being one of them.
Good show all around and I hope Trigger makes more light-hearted stuff like this in the future.

They also seemed to really step up the anime and pop culture references in the second portion of the show. The best being the homage to TTGL.

Szadek

I think it's been awhile since there was any sharing of anime lists in one of these threads.

Anyone interest in sharing lists / getting friend requests on MAL?

I like being able to see the scores from familiar names when I look up new shows.

https://myanimelist.net/profile/hamsteralliance
I forgot to responsed to this post earlier, but here is my account:
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Szadek23
Funnily enough, despite the meanscore of 6.17 I'm always wondering If I'm too postive.
To be fair, I rate every show, not just the ones I finished.

Clov

Fate/Apocrypha 12

I was really looking forward to seeing Dracula this episode, but then he ended up looking really stupid. Not to mention he went out like a complete chump.

Anyway, Astolfo wasn't in this episode at all, so even ignoring the above it was terrible by default.

casiopao

Fate/Apocrypha 12

I was really looking forward to seeing Dracula this episode, but then he ended up looking really stupid. Not to mention he went out like a complete chump.

Anyway, Astolfo wasn't in this episode at all, so even ignoring the above it was terrible by default.

Fate and dissapointment goes together lol.

Good news:
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...oreign-students-anime-design-food-industries/

The government is discussing plans to relax residency requirements for foreign students in Japan studying anime, design and culinary professions to make it easier for them to find jobs here after graduation, sources said.

The proposed deregulation is aimed at securing up-and-coming human resources to promote the further development of Japan’s content industry, the sources said Sunday.

Resident status allowing engagement in less complicated work is currently issued for only a limited training period soon after employment, but the government is considering granting permission lasting for one or two years on condition that medium- to long-term employment plans are submitted, the sources said.

Well... Good if you want to become an underpaid anime worker at least :p

Lain

Kakegurui 11

Finally, after the more dull episodes that 9 and, in part, 10 felt like, this one delivers some excitement.

• Kemono Friends
  • Konosuba 2
  • Tiger Mask W
  • Yamishibai S4
  • Berserk
  • Attack on Titan S2
  • Yamizukan

Looking to finish:
  • Youjo Senki
  • Rakugo S2
  • KiraKira Precure
  • MHA S2
  • ID-O
  • New Laughing Salesman
  • 18if
  • A Centaur's Life
  • Kakegurui
  • Knight's & Magic
  • Made in Abyss
  • Symphogear AXZ
  • Princess Principal
  • Mahyoujin Guru Guru
  • The Reflection
  • Yamishiba S5

Altair
18if
Hand Shakers
Kenka bancho otome girl beats boys
Chain Chronicle, best fantasy of the year

You missed Akashi Records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom