• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

I haven't seen Made in Abyss but Riko sounds like one of those MMO players who seem to only exist to cause eternal pain and anguish to all of her party members by doing exactly the wrong thing all the time.

Riko stands in the fire.

Riko accidentally draws too much Aggro on the boss, then the boss cleaves the rest of the party.

Whenever Riko is selected to have a mechanic or debuff on her, somehow she will ALWAYS do the wrong thing.

Healers spend more time on Riko then on the tanks because she keeps taking unnecessary damage.

Riko moves out of Flame Wreathe.

Riko somehow always gets the best gear.

Riko wanders out of the starting zone and gets beat up by high level enemies. She turns around and then walks in the other direction to an even worse place.

Line_HTX

I haven't seen Made in Abyss but Riko sounds like one of those MMO players who seem to only exist to cause eternal pain and anguish to all of her party members by doing exactly the wrong thing all the time.

Worst player, luckiest drops in the least amount of time.

Monster Strike S2 -08

Eh, been enjoying this less than the first season. The extreme focus on Mana is getting kind of tiring. As is the love triangle.
The artstyle-shift to CG characters was pretty jarring too. Kind of getting used to it now, but the first season looks better :/

But there was a Pandam this episode.

Why you always get to it when the season is over :(

Ascheroth

If Made in Abyss were a tabletop RPG, Riko is that one player that always rolls a 1 when the DM makes you roll for survival.

Why you always get to it when the season is over :(
Lol, that is a good question.

Clov

Fate/Apocrypha - 12

I'm not too savvy on the history of the Fate series, but did I miss some important reference in this episode? I feel kinda lost...

I'm guessing that the priest (Ruler?) of Red, Shirou, is Shirou Kamiya from the Fate/Stay series? He kinda looks like Archer Shirou. But then he says his name is something else, and Darnic knows immediately who he is? There's a flashback scene in the beginning where it shows the two exchanging a sideways glance...

Also, what was the Jeanne-Shirou conversation all about?

Is it supposed to be evident what's happening? Because I'm not quite following. Can someone break it down for this dummy? Thanks :)

As far as I can tell...

Shirou in Fate/Apocrypha is unrelated outside of appearance to Shirou of FSN. This Shirou was Darnic's rival during the third grail war who died. However, they were brought back as a Ruler class servant for the next grail war. Rather than being all neutral like the Ruler class is supposed to be, they decided to take an active side in the grail war, for reasons. This is what messed everything up and caused Jeanne to be summoned.

I think. Probably.

Will Danganronpa V3 be AOTY over Persona 5? Reviews look good.

I'm really excited to finally play this one...

Final episode of Tsuredure Children introduce the truly most relatable character:

tumblr_owjw7xiDdA1r1uq0jo1_500.gif

Chase17

Gintama 76-81 Yagyu Arc
Events that occur this arc:
-Kondo actually goes to marry a gorilla.
-Kagura breaks Okita's leg. Proceeds to fight enemy while carrying him, to expected results.
maxresdefault.jpg

-We get a full episode of a Hijikita fight/backstory
-An entire episode is spent on characters trying to manipulate each other into using sand paper as toilet paper.

Pretty strong arc! It was nice to see that the series handles a woman wanting to marry Otae fairly well. I think they did a decent job of giving us reason why each character were forcing themselves into the marriage, rather than it just being a one sided ordeal. Several good character moments for Shinpachi, Otae, Hijikita, and Gin as well.

I'll be interested to see if Yagyu will be added to the cast or if they'll be left at this arc for the most part.

7O3X Episode 12
DKIJ3o_VoAAL9Gh.jpg:small
DKIJ7nIUQAAK3wt.jpg:small

Great ending, the two major pairings of the show are really good, though I definitely prefer Akira and his school club president, (but Koshiyama and Mikuriya is great too).

I really like the rivalvry between Koshiyama and Mikuriya and wonder if someday they can get on a team together, it could be good.

The rules for this final match was also good, Akira added the spice it needed to become incredible exciting.

Thoraxes

You never replied to my question on if you plan on doing any future breakdowns of any other music related shows. :(

Ooooooohhhhhh, when was that? I forgot to sub to the summer anime thread and just kinda forgot to come back every once in a while! I'm bad with rechecking threads without those on. :(

As for other music shows, if a good opportunity presents itself, sure. I've been told I should check out Your Lie in April, and at least from what little people have asked me about scenes in that previously, seems like it'd be nice to address at least the music parts of that. I think it was duckroll that asked (waaaay back) about if the audio in a solo contest performance on the show matched up with what the characters were critiquing (to which I remember the answer was yes). So I think there can definitely be stiff to talk about there. I don't know if I did commentary a la my Eupho writeups if it would hold up with any of the dramatic elements, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to try.

Nodame Cantabile would be a super fun re-watch/write-up candidate for me as well. I first saw the series as I was literally starting my journey through college/conservatory as it started airing. It was extremely relatable to me during that point in my life. Not only would I be able to touch on a lot of personal experiences, but I could totally validate a lot of what that show mentions, too. It's definitely a favorite of mine!

So I guess yes, as long as there are people who wanna read them, i'm more than happy to do some of them! Just have to find time now, as work's been kinda busy recently.

Jarmel

Banned
FMP S1 (Gonzo) is being re-edited into three theatrical movies. Presumably Chigira is overseeing this as it's being billed as a director's cut.

My Hero Academia S1

Watched this on a whim/all the random pictures I see of it. Really love super heroes so I was curious to see what this take on it would be, going in completely blind. I really enjoyed it! I like the powers the cast has, some seem super useless and others super strong as a point of any Japanese team anime/manga.

Dig the cast and especially All Might. Like that the main character has to work on himself and realizes it, compared to other shows where character growth stops once the power is achieved. Thought the "main badguy" at the end was too typical anime, but the fight was good. Looking forward to starting S2 at some point.

Jex

I don't think she's that bad all the time. I feel like the anime-original content in Episode 9 was a piece of character assassination. It was nothing but Riko making back-to-back terrible decisions for 20 minutes. Not sure why those creating the anime thought that was a good idea.

JCG

But BONES > Gonzo.

Don't forget Sunrise. It seems a lot of studios are making recap/edited movies and remakes/retellings of older properties in order to promote new material under the same banner.

I guess the home video market's slow decline and its effects on the fates of completely original projects is to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom