• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realize Funimation released Buddy Complex on Blu-ray. Definitely gonna buy the anime because I remember it being my guilty pleasure. It was enjoyable to watch.

Although it's too bad it didn't get a second season because it bombed in Japan. You can tell they were gonna make a season 2 but because it didn't do well in Japan they cut it short.

Cornbread78

Tsurezure Children ep.4
s7cONEZ.png
(I was walked in on by an older sister once..... That was an odd situation....

This show is just too damn cute for it's own good. Great mixture of comedy and cuteness once again this week. That last couple really needs to find a way to connect....

Aho Girl ep.4
Poor sensei, how could she fall into the stupid trap! This show is so dumb, but so much fun at the same time.....

Poor sensei...

Tsurezure Children - 04

Oh, so we still continue now with some of the previous couples. Ugh, my memory. I'm not sure if I remember each one. I'm afraid of thinking some of them are new but they are truly from the first or second episode.

I suppose no one has a diagram with a 'who is who'...

I will do one now:

The incapable-to-confess girl
VA6UwEl.png

Delinquent girl + glasses student president
UvrEbMj.png

The likes-to-play-with-her-prey girl + insecure guy + little jealous sister
Brj4acj.png

The astronomy club mates:
nnQVyuj.png

The supposing-too-much girl:
9kOMf94.png

The gloomy, dense girl:
CnwaFzx.png

The girl who believed she was already in a relationship searching skinship:
q28Sn2s.png

The fuckin' weirdo + violent girl
Btnofz0.jpg

The nervous Gaffer
5WyFS5L.png

edit: Shit. see? I was already confused and believe there was one more couple.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wait, gloomy and dense girl are the same pairing surely ?

Yes.

There's also several more pairs that haven't even been introduced. Some of which they're never going to get to. There are characters that haven't been introduced yet who get paired up with characters that don't show up for a hundred chapters and definitely won't make the adaptation.

Tsurezure Children - 04

Oh, so we still continue now with some of the previous couples. Ugh, my memory. I'm not sure if I remember each one. I'm afraid of thinking some of them are new but they are truly from the first or second episode.

I will do one now:

There is, kind of. The guy the Dango Hair girl recruited into the astronomy club.

BosSin

Apocrypha e4

Today I remembered that I had started watching this anime, as I had 30 minutes to kill I decided to watch episode 4. I regret starting this anime. I still have zero investment in the characters and thin plot, the only thing keeping me going is posting my impressions in this thread. Which is sad because only a few people are actually going to read any of these posts.

Anyway, onto specifics of this episode. I won't spoil it (because some monster out there will actually like this anime) but there was meant to be an emotional scene in this episode and I felt nothing. The closest thing to a reaction it got out of me were a bunch of farts due to having a bad case of gas. 2 new servants were revealed and they were about as memorable as a couple of background characters from Naruto. If you think about it this anime shares the same fatal flaw as Naruto: too many fucking servants/ninjas. I mean shit, at this point they might as well summon a servant for the express purpose of showing a flashback to a Naruto episode starring Chouji and Temari.

Didn't realize Funimation released Buddy Complex on Blu-ray. Definitely gonna buy the anime because I remember it being my guilty pleasure. It was enjoyable to watch.

Although it's too bad it didn't get a second season because it bombed in Japan. You can tell they were gonna make a season 2 but because it didn't do well in Japan they cut it short.

The ova was good though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
See edit. Once I reviewed the screenshots, I noticed myself doh!

4th was a good episode, btw.

God no.

I can think of at least 5 more pairs that involve characters that weren't in the first 3 episodes; in fact, I just now counted up what I could remember and it was more than 10.

I can think of at least 5 more pairs that involve characters that weren't in the first 3 episodes; in fact, I just now counted up what I could remember and it was more than 10.

I would prefer it would be a normal series and just follow 2-3 couples. Or be a pure episodic series and always show new couples (that way you don't have to remember what happened previously).
This series is neither, it's more like worst of both worlds.

Line_HTX

Tsurezure Children - 04

I will do one now:

That is one hell of a slow-mo punch to the face, hahaha

Angry Grimace

I would prefer it would be a normal series and just follow 2-3 couples. Or be a pure episodic series and always show new couples (that way you don't have to remember what happened previously).
This series is neither, it's more like worst of both worlds.

I personally think its fine. It's there to give you diabetes.

Im more of an eris guy myself and hopefully its season 3 for konosuba as the next volumes are great to adapt. I woudnt mind an adaptation of the spin off featuring megumin as well.

Aho-Girl, Episode 4 -

So it turns out Yoshiko's stupidity is contagious because not only she infected the thug from Episode 2, but now she's got the little girl from the park and her home-run teacher also sinking down to her level. The final segment had me rolling. Probably one of my favorite comedy tropes is the nice character who is too nice to a fault and ends up becoming a doormat. Seeing Sayaka finally snap from trying to put up with Yoshiko's stupidity was hilarious.

Tsuredure Children, Episode 4 -

This series continues to be enjoyable. Got a kick out of that first segment due to how ridiculously chill the dude's mom was.

Tsurezure Children - 04

I will do one now:

Someone made a complete one on Reddit. Spoilers obviously, for characters who haven't debuted in the anime yet.

Angry Grimace

Aho Girl does a good job of making the lead so insanely stupid you actively want bad things to happen to her.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
New Game Season 2, Episode 3:

The beginning part when the character designs was actually good the rest was so forgettable I am already starting to forget about it.

Angry Grimace

/pops vein

And at least the anime has hair color to help differentiate!

A bunch of them are in the intro.

The problem with the adaptation is that the source material is actually pretty funny, but the anime seems to trend a lot more towards giving you diabetes. The series does at least do a good job of progressing certain couples while making sure there are still a bunch of them that are unresolved.

phaze

Yes.

There's also several more pairs that haven't even been introduced. Some of which they're never going to get to. There are characters that haven't been introduced yet who get paired up with characters that don't show up for a hundred chapters and definitely won't make the adaptation.

Yeah I'm aware, read most of manga.

Tsureze Children 04
I was quite cold on last two eps but this was better. The comedic timing can be off at times and especially the transitions between skits sort of happen to quickly for me not to feel jarring but the material is strong enough to shine through still.

Needs Sushi and deadpan couple though, hopefully soon.

/pops vein

And at least the anime has hair color to help differentiate!

There's like 5 literal male clones running around in the manga.

Angry Grimace

Yeah I'm aware, read most of manga.

Tsureze Children 04

I was quite cold on last two eps but this was better. The comedic timing can be off at times and especially the transitions between skits sort of happen to quickly for me not to feel jarring but the material is strong enough to shine through still.

Needs Sushi and deadpan couple though, hopefully soon.

There's like 5 literal male clones running around in the manga.

Agreed - I think the manga is actually quite funny, but this adaptation beyond the little sister scene hasn't really captured that.

I had completely forgotten about the
deadpan couple.

Oh, I also know the manga.

I read a good amount of chapters of Wakabayashi 4-koma and liked it. That's why I also started Tsureze Children, of the same author, but after a few chapters I stopped, in part because I thought it would better to follow it once it's finished.

I say this because I agree with all of you, the sharp style and fast pace of the manga is mostly lost here.

Angry Grimace

Oh, I also know the manga.

I read a good amount of chapters of Wakabayashi 4-koma and liked it. That's why I also started Tsureze Children, of the same author, but after a few chapters I stopped, in part because I thought it would better to follow it once it's finished.

I say this because I agree with all of you, the sharp style and fast pace of the manga is mostly lost here.

4Koma adaptations can be hit or miss. I mean, Nozaki-kun's adaptation was great.

Oh god, this is hilarious.

I was wrong. Very wrong.
Wakabayashi 4-koma and Tsurezure Children are the same series, lol. It seems the original title, when it was a webcomic, was Wakabayashi 4-koma, but the title changed when it was published by a real publisher. After that the story continued in Tsurezure Children.
In fact, I remember the first couples of the anime now not because I read the first chapters of Tsurezure, but from reading the first chapters of Wakabayashi 4-koma.

phaze

Oh god, this is hilarious.

I was wrong. Very wrong.
Wakabayashi 4-koma and Tsurezure Children are the same series, lol. It seems the original title, when it was a webcomic, was Wakabayashi 4-koma, but the title changed when it was published by a real publisher. After that the story continued in Tsurezure Children.
In fact, I remember the first couples of the anime now because I read the first chapters of Tsurezure, but from reading the first chapters of Wakabayashi 4-koma.

Yeah I was just wondering whether I was remembering something wrongly. ;p

Angry Grimace

Tzurezure Children 4

StuCo president is smooth as fuck.

And Takano is denser than the bone of Shirou's sword.

Angry Grimace

I feel like Love & Lies is intentionally playing hide the ball with the fact you don't actually have to go through with the arranged marriage program. Like, it's obviously more complicated for spoilery reasons, but they're making it out like he literally couldn't be with Takasaki under any circumstances, which isn't really true and changes a lot of the context of the way they're interacting.

DiGiKerot

Huh, the just-released Otakon schedule has the world premier of the first of the new Eureka Seven movies listed on it, which is kind of surprising given that it doesn't seem to have been mentioned before anywhere.

Alas, I'm at the Yousei/Flow concert just before hand, so I'm not counting on actually being able to make it into the room for it afterwards. We'll see, I guess.

Just bought Kekkai Sensen and Buddy Complex on Rightstuff seeing how they are on sale.

Just had to bite lol.

Eccentric Family Episode 9

So that's what Kaisei looks like. I like that she's neutral in all this. Best girl right with the Mother Tanuki.

I have a bad feeling the Ebisugawa brothers are gonna try set up Yashiro to be eaten......

They can't be this terrible can they?

Huh, the just-released Otakon schedule has the world premier of the first of the new Eureka Seven movies listed on it, which is kind of surprising given that it doesn't seem to have been mentioned before anywhere.

Alas, I'm at the Yousei/Flow concert just before hand, so I'm not counting on actually being able to make it into the room for it afterwards. We'll see, I guess.

Dang. Going to all the cons.

Eccentric Family Episode 11

Seriously fuck that Uncle. He is such a scum. Like how can anyone be shitty
offer up their brother and nephew without any hesitation.
Also screw those Ebisugawa brothers for being clueless dumbasses. The only good character out of the family with a working mind is Kaisei. Thank god for her character.

This episode was such a emotional episode especially So understanding his brothers wicked intentions. Damn this is a really good show lol.

I still don't like Benten.

trejo

Fate apocrypha 4

RIP in peace
Siegfried
. He died as he lived. Pointlessly.

Also, no Miyukichi Mordred, so inherently a bad episode.

Line_HTX

Dang, you get to see the first movie at Otakon, nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom