• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World: New Trailer

Looks pretty great to me, but it's still not enough to convince me to get a Wii U - that will come when Nintendo get the next Zelda out along with some new IP's.

Would have preferred a 64esque title myself for it to be a genuine system seller.

Although it looks great, there's nothing that can't have been done on the 3DS from the graphics to the tiny, isometric levels.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
It's only a criticism if you think SM64 & Sunshine are better than SMG, SMG2, and 3D Land.

This!

Open World should not be part of Super Mario IMO. Super Mario galaxy and 3d land are much better than s64 and sunshine. Leave open world to zelda.

I appreciated them showing only one character running through it. Made it seem like the kinda Mario game you'd expect from EAD.

Man this game will be fantastic! My only complaint is that levels are a bit short according to IGN hands on. Everything else is just pure and awesome creativity.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I'm glad its looking a lot better, and will be a fun romp whenever I get around to it. Lighting has certainly been given an eye for detail on stuff, and always good to have a splendid Mario soundtrack again after too many NSMB entries boring off ears.

It doesn't really tackle those disappointed that this game is merely an evolution rather than the revolution that most "new console Marios" are though. Great stuff but no NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE level wow.

I'm bummed about Donkey Kong Country, but this game looks like all kinds of amazing. It definately made the bad news a lot easier to swallow.

Also, can the dumbasses out there concede that this is in fact a REAL Mario game now, please.

Gsnap

ALSO. It looks like those of you that enjoy a little story with your Mario games will be getting a really goofy and creative one. Maybe the most interesting since Sunshine based on what we've seen.

Although it looks great, there's nothing that can't have been done on the 3DS from the graphics to the tiny, isometric levels.

images

Show me the magic 3ds that is pulling off everything in this trailer?

JoeM86

From the article:

"But while I did enjoy my time in each of the five different stages we were allowed to play, I still can't help but long for the vast, open, and mysterious environments of Mario 64 and Sunshine."

Game looks far better than before, but it doesn't really change this main criticism.

Those environments were never vast. Seriously. These levels all seem to be bigger, it's just more directioned

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Lol at all these "i really never doubted but..."

Everything before a but is bs.

Looks pretty great to me, but it's still not enough to convince me to get a Wii U - that will come when Nintendo get the next Zelda out along with some new IP's.

Would have preferred a 64esque title myself for it to be a genuine system seller.

Take this, And watch the trailer again. Please
glasses.jpg

apana

This looks freaking awesome, like a genuine full generation jump from Galaxy in terms of graphics. I probably still won't get a Wii U but now I have a reason to feel bad about it. I can't wait to see what HD Zelda looks like, it will be mind blowing.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

yes, the 3DS could clearly handle these graphics very well

novenD

I'm blown away. That looks like everything I could possibly want from a Mario Platformer. Well done EAD, well done.

What's the deal with the camera system in this game? A lot of it seems fixed to a sort of isometric view, where you can only run in diagonals? Why have they done this, particularly as it is played with a dual-analogue controller?

Cuburt

This thread should have come with a crow buffet for all of GAF expecting it to be 3D Land with Multiplayer.

In fact, Nintendo should have emailed out vouchers to all of the internet.

jmls1121

Banned
I'm glad its looking a lot better, and will be a fun romp whenever I get around to it. Lighting has certainly been given an eye for detail on stuff, and always good to have a splendid Mario soundtrack again after too many NSMB entries boring off ears.

It doesn't really tackle those disappointed that this game is merely an evolution rather than the revolution that most "new console Marios" are though. Great stuff but no NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE level wow.

4 player multiplayer with different abilities
tons of power-ups never seen in 3D Mario
the cherry doppleganger powerup
karibo shoe ice skating

And so much more.

there is a ton of new shit here.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
What's the deal with the camera system in this game? A lot of it seems fixed to a sort of isometric view, where you can only run in diagonals? Why have they done this, particularly as it is played with a dual-analogue controller?

my guess is that the fixed camera is isometric, but you can rotate it as you want...in fact I think some of the levels encourage that sort of thing because hidden areas etc

Yonafunu

From the article:

"But while I did enjoy my time in each of the five different stages we were allowed to play, I still can't help but long for the vast, open, and mysterious environments of Mario 64 and Sunshine."

Game looks far better than before, but it doesn't really change this main criticism.

It's only a criticism if you think SM64 & Sunshine are better than SMG, SMG2, and 3D Land.

I think it'd be good to make a new thread for the new previews (and gameplay videos), since it seems this'll get some discussion.

Lijik

Its to compensate for multiplayer, when you play alone you get full control over the camera
iPzVLDQEGaeoe.gif

Although Im assuming in some of those stages like the battletank fleet one, this wont always be the case

Umm. Okay. I hated the announcement but that game looks incredible. I shouldn't have doubted after 3DLand, which is pretty much the best Mario since SMW.

VanWinkle

Is this game 720p or 1080p? I can't remember which games were which at E3 because I know they had said a couple of the games were native 1080p. I might just be thinking of Smash Bros and Zelda.

JoeM86

It's set, but you can move it however the hell you want with the right analogue stick or the gyro.
iPzVLDQEGaeoe.gif

It's fixed in multiplayer, however.

Empty

i keep watching it. it's so great.

how often do you get a game trailer where they're just like hey check out these twenty new game mechanics all in succession kthanksbai

Top Bottom