• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wi-Fi

Hey whoever yeb is....are you not letting me join your game? It's ok if that's the case. I just want to know so I can rule out connection issues.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Awesome games back there. Sorry Nabil, I have been playing ALL day, my elbows are numb and so are my fingers. My shoulder is awfully stiff too =(. I have been playing like shit. Gotta practice with Toon Link too... he will be my second main.

BTW Droid, the connection fell at the end, so i turned the Wii off. Wayyyy too tired.

Relix said:
Awesome games back there. Sorry Nabil, I have been playing ALL day, my elbows are numb and so are my fingers. My shoulder is awfully stiff too =(. I have been playing like shit. Gotta practice with Toon Link too... he will be my second main.

BTW Droid, the connection fell at the end, so i turned the Wii off. Wayyyy too tired.

np , still looking though!

WARCOCK

Banned
god marth sucks so much balls with lag, its utterly frustrating when you cant recover after your attacks and get smashed by other characters. AS MARTH.

WARCOCK said:
god marth sucks so much balls with lag, its utterly frustrating when you cant recover after your attacks and get smashed by other characters. AS MARTH.
What sucks is I can't use marth's, or any other character's aerials with the lag. :(

dyls

So is anyone playing 4 player anything goes-let's-just-have-some-fun-matches anymore or is the smashboarding of this thread complete? It seems like everyone is moving to 1 v. 1 no items e-dick battles. I'm so sick of being "unable to join this game". At least put it in your tag if you only want those like Dragn does so I'm not stuck waiting for 3 minutes on the practice stage only to get booted.

Anyway, if anyone just wants some for fun 4-player ffas:

Dyls
1848 1356 0145

slayn

needs to show more effort.
If you come to irc then you can ask around when you want to play and see who is up for 4 player free for alls.

Today we were mostly doing 2v2 with items sometimes on.

Jiggy

dyls said:
So is anyone playing 4 player anything goes-let's-just-have-some-fun-matches anymore or is the smashboarding of this thread complete? It seems like everyone is moving to 1 v. 1 no items e-dick battles.
This might be the thread for you.

Ironically enough, I think I'm starting to enjoy three-player free-for-alls more than any other setup. They're not as WOO YEAH BODIES FLYING as four-player, where you just wind up getting knocked back by everybody else, but they're not nearly as slow as two-player where you spend quite a bit of time waiting for opponents to come falling back to where they can be hit. You can almost always find at least someone to be fighting at all times.

Jiggy37 said:
This might be the thread for you.

Ironically enough, I think I'm starting to enjoy three-player free-for-alls more than any other setup. They're not as WOO YEAH BODIES FLYING as four-player, where you just wind up getting knocked back by everybody else, but they're not nearly as slow as two-player where you spend quite a bit of time waiting for opponents to come falling back to where they can be hit. You can almost always find at least someone to be fighting at all times.
What I don't like about that is that I will find myself just going after the leader...and the other guy will most likely do that as well..so it usually turns into a 2 on 1. I guess I prefer 2 on 2 team battle or 4 player free for all.

Good games Olive... Two comments:

-I need to practice more
-Fuck lag

My game with Yoshi was pathetic lol. I suicided twice because of lag :-( Plus one more time in another game. Yoshi with lag is really bad.

The game where you swallowed me with dedede and fell down was funny though. I didn't know what would happen in this situation, now I know (sudden death)

Meta-Knight said:
Good games Olive... Two comments:

-I need to practice more
-Fuck lag

My game with Yoshi was pathetic lol. I suicided twice because of lag :-( Plus one more time in another game. Yoshi with lag is really bad.

The game where you swallowed me with dedede and fell down was funny though. I didn't know what would happen in this situation, now I know (sudden death)
Lol, I wanted to do it with Kirby too :(

OliveJuice said:
Lol, I wanted to do it with Kirby too :(

I noticed that, but you didn't catch me ;)

Our first battle in the Metal Gear stage was great too (Link vs Marth). One of the few battles in which I did well (even though I lost). It was pretty much even from beginning to end.

Jiggy

OliveJuice said:
What I don't like about that is that I will find myself just going after the leader...and the other guy will most likely do that as well..so it usually turns into a 2 on 1. I guess I prefer 2 on 2 team battle or 4 player free for all.
Yeah, I do that too. But 2 on 1 isn't too much of an impossible situation for the leader to get out of. In four-player it could go as high as 3 on 1. I agree that team battles are awesome, though. :D

Nabster92

Woot! My sister just gave me her old camera today so now I could upload our awesome GAF battles!

Just uploaded two so far, although one is with another friend of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-2yggW5EVs
(my snake against my friends kirby)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA2A1AE8X3A
(this one I'm not sure which gaffer it was. Does whoever I played here happen to remember this game? I was the falcon against the marth gaffer. Was it muttyeah? I'll edit the info and stuff on it once we figure out who it is. Unless you'd rather not be named of course.)

Could upload a couple more if you guys want. Suppose I could also record any of your guys' videos if you want them in a format transferable in other methods than just via wii's and don't have ways to do it yourself. PM me to exchange wii numbers and send me your replays.

Edit: Added another video of an ike battle between ysiadmihi and i.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvM94jNNRR8

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Good games this afternoon :D!
I don't know if our personal tags show up but my sister was Jess and I was Scott.
Sorry, I had to get to class (where I am now lol) Crushed.

biggkidd32 said:
Good games Droid, I'll have to watch out for you, if we face again in the tournament.

indeed

I was starting to get yancy in the end...I had food waiting for me and I was starving. I knew U wanted a rematch after that jigglypuff match so I continued playing.

Bring your wolf again in a sec , My wolf wants to chat. :D

SuperAndroid17 said:
indeed

I was starting to get yancy in the end...I had food waiting for me and I was starving. I knew U wanted a rematch after that jigglypuff match so I continued playing.

Bring your wolf again in a sec , My wolf wants to chat. :D

You're on.

Droid i think that's enough for a day, i guess I'll have to hope you get eliminated before you get to face me , J/K, anyways were you keeping count by any chance?

biggkidd32 said:
Droid i think that's enough for a day, i guess I'll have to hope you get eliminated before you get to face me , J/K, anyways were you keeping count by any chance?

thanks for the support wow! :lol

No I didnt lol , but in the end...our skill level is about equal. Awsome games btw , I wanted to bring out some other characters Ive been training with.. oh well.

Yeah, i guess for the next matches we should switch around our characters. Wasn't it crazy that in almost all the matches at some point we ended with one stock and around the same percentage. The winner would always be whoever block at the right time. Next time I'll show you the rage of my R.O.B. :D

biggkidd32 said:
Yeah, i guess for the next matches we should switch around our characters. Wasn't it crazy that in almost all the matches at some point we ended with one stock and around the same percentage. The winner would always be whoever block at the right time. Next time I'll show you the rage of my R.O.B. :D

Yeah definitely , those were some heated fights. That ROB of yours is pretty nasty , But I have something in store for him :D

Man i wish i could use Lucas but the lag doesn't let me control the pk thunder, which is essential for my game, Ill have to master some new characters, ice climbers seem like a good choice.

Masked Man

I said wow
biggkidd32 said:
Man i wish i could use Lucas but the lag doesn't let me control the pk thunder, which is essential for my game, Ill have to master some new characters, ice climbers seem like a good choice.

Yeah. Sometimes it's fine, but other times, the slightest bit of lag can completely screw you over. My best advice would be to always hold down immediately after you start the PK Thunder so you at least have a better chance of getting the bolt underneath you.

Masked Man said:
Yeah. Sometimes it's fine, but other times, the slightest bit of lag can completely screw you over. My best advice would be to always hold down immediately after you start the PK Thunder so you at least have a better chance of getting the bolt underneath you.

Are you up for a match? 3480-2179-4111

yeb

Gully State said:
Hey whoever yeb is....are you not letting me join your game? It's ok if that's the case. I just want to know so I can rule out connection issues.
I haven't been checking this thread much, so I just saw this. Can't remember if I did it to you, but I like to play a lot of 1v1, so I'm sorry if I ever block anyone from joining.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I was getting 61070, and then now I'm getting 20100.

:|

what the hell is going on...I just downloaded a system update, too, so there shouldn't be any network issues on my end.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...em=Wii&locale=en_US&action2.x=16&action2.y=34
Error Code: 20100 said:
This Error indicates that you are not connected to the internet. Please verify your internet connection, then try again. If the problem persists, contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance with your internet connection.
...what? My internets is fine.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...em=Wii&locale=en_US&action2.x=17&action2.y=21

Error Code: 61070 said:
Our experience shows that error messages within this range are typically caused by temporary network issues with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. If there is a problem with the network, our technician's will work to get the service back up as soon as possible. Please retry your connection later.

If you are connecting to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for the first time, or the problem has not resolved itself after a few hours, please review the following:

1. Our servers may be trying to handle an unusually high amount of traffic (especially if you are trying to play online with a recently-released or popular game, or if there is a new Wii system update). Please wait a few hours and try the connection again later.

2. How are you connecting online? The Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is only compatible with Cable, DSL, and Fiber-optic internet connections. If you are connecting via Satellite, EV-DO (cellular), Dial-up, or other types of connections, then you should try to use an alternate type of connection. Contact your Internet Service Provider if you are not sure what type of internet connection you have.

3. The error may be caused by a basic setting on the router that needs to be adjusted (such as the channel). Please review our general router troubleshooting.

If you have tried all of the steps above with no success and you have been encountering the error for a period of at least a few hours, please call 1-800-255-3700. Our representatives are available between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week.

Hmm...

Top Bottom