• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swap Note

zroid

Banned
Another new ACNL stationery from Aya Kyogoku. Looks nice!

I think this one's just being sent to people who have the game.

Gvaz

Banned
My FC: 0361-6674-6537

To all of AC-GAF and SwapNoteGAF who keep adding me, I have plenty of space left.

Added you!

FC: 4639-9162-4243

I'll do an edit and/or additional post once I cross-reference what notes I have, but I missed a bunch from a year or two ago due to having to send back in my 3DS to Nintendo for servicing.

Feel free to send/spam me with regular notes if you guys want. xd
And you!

Alright, I'm new to the Swap Note fun (Letter Box in here, actually) and I'd love it if some of you guys would send me some more stationery (only got the basic ones).

FC: 2535 - 4916 - 8742

And you.

I needz some swapnote Gaffers.

1762-3001-3662 - Please message if you add me.

And you.
Man, this Swapnote business IS pretty fun! I just enabled it and got a ton of awesome art from my 3ds friends! To return the favor I've been letting E3-mania run wild on me...

Friend me, chumps- 0447-5761-9482

Also, Daboss, I'll add you.

That's a gun, not a dick. I'm just a shitty artist.
And you

Added you.

FC: 1736 - 0341 - 1378

and you
im getting the swapnote + animal crossing fever

ibwBA7mb9Qg7zU.PNG

FC: 5300 8859 8189

And you.
Hey, I have the following special stationery:

Code:
>mario 3d land
>paper mario
>wii u
>xmas
>nsmb2
>fireworks
>luigi's mansion
>valentine's day
>pokemon mystery dungeon
>swapnote
>pokedex 3d pro
>lego city undercover
>that blue one with the surfer and palm trees

If anyone would be willing to trade what they have, my friend code is 2793-1932-2526.

Also, not sure if this has been posted, but here's a (mostly?) complete list of all the special stationeries released.

and you.

Please add me back!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm terrible at drawing, but love to see other people's work. And I like doing something of my own every now and then, for shits and giggles, since they always suck.

If someone wants to add me, my FC is: 0877 - 0714 - 7081
(please post here or PM me if you do, so I can add you back!)

decaf

To all of AC-GAF and SwapNoteGAF who keep adding me, I have plenty of space left.

I do a ton of awesome quirky drawings (ask anyone!).

Added! Also adding everyone on the last two pages. I'm new to Swapnote and just started New Leaf, please add me back! 1203-9315-3113

zroid

Banned
My 12yo cousin sent me a note today:

"i made a father's day rap for my dad. gonna sing it to him and look gangsta doing it"

just thought I'd share.

zroid

Banned
oh f me, I haven't been swapping notes much in the last three weeks thanks to Animal Crossing (it's actually the first time I've stopped since the software was released).

But stationery is stationery, so time to sift through hundreds of unread notes! Joy!

Chrom

Man, it's been like a whole month since the stationery before this one. Good to see they're still coming! The Year of Luigi one is nice.

I'm hoping there will be Dream Team and Pikmin 3 stationery soon.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
The new stationery looks like this. There's no animation going on, so it's rather plain.

9awm.jpg

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
There's a new stationery from Japan as of yesterday. Anyone get it?

Yep. Just received it abd sent it out. It appears to be stationery advertising Flipnote3D. Very orange with a pixelated frog (?) in the corner.

axisofweevils

There's a new stationery from Japan as of yesterday. Anyone get it?

Yep. Just received it and sent it out. It appears to be stationery advertising Flipnote3D. Very orange with a pixelated frog (?) in the corner.

SuperSah

Banned
I appreciate Swapnote but it realllyyyy gets irritating when people spam you and send about 100 notes a day with Animal Crossing screenshots.

Chrom

There's another new stationery out there. It's of Nintendo 3DS Image Share, the website you use to upload your 3DS pictures (like Animal Crossing) online.

Fireblend

Banned
Guys, sorry to bump an old thread but I've been toying around with Swapnote lately and I can't for the life of me figure out how to save pics to my SD; the button is grayed out/disabled even though I have more than enough Play Coins to do it. Any ideas? Is it that the pics are already on my SD or something?

I drew the notes I want to export so I'm sure I should be able to.

Chrom

Guys, sorry to bump an old thread but I've been toying around with Swapnote lately and I can't for the life of me figure out how to save pics to my SD; the button is grayed out/disabled even though I have more than enough Play Coins to do it. Any ideas? Is it that the pics are already on my SD or something?

I drew the notes I want to export so I'm sure I should be able to.

Users can have it so that receivers may not be allowed to save pictures or sound clips to their SD cards. I'm guessing that may explain your predicament.

Fireblend

Banned
Users can have it so that receivers may not be allowed to save pictures or sound clips to their SD cards. I'm guessing that may explain your predicament.
But as I said, I'm the sender of these notes! I can't possibly be blocking myself from saving them, right?

Are they stored automatically on the SD if you're the sender or something? That would explain it.

But as I said, I'm the sender of these notes! I can't possibly be blocking myself from saving them, right?

Are they stored automatically on the SD if you're the sender or something? That would explain it.

It's an unlocking thing. How many notes have you sent/received? May not be enough.

Fireblend

Banned
Hmm, I'm not sure, but it's plenty. I'll see if I can find online how many I need.

I can see the options though, they're just grayed out (the Save Picture and Save Recording ones). Wouldn't they not show up at all if I hadn't unlocked them?

Chrom

Oh, you are? Must've missed that detail, sorry.

If you're sending a note with anything attached to it, that would mean that the photo/clip is already saved on your SD card to begin with. You can actually save a photo/clip repeatedly with no issue, but this would just take up unnecessary space on your SD card because nothing is getting overwritten.

Now, what you aren't able to do is actually save your note drawings to your SD card. In Swapnote, a photo refers to an image that is an actual photo from a different source, like something you take with your camera or in-game like Animal Crossing. Your drawings do not count as photos. They're saved within the application (on your SD card technically, but it's just data, no image files), but you have no way of exporting them.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa! An actual bump! Now I can brag about my SwapNotes again!
Not.

I always allow my pictures and audio to be saved. :)

By the way... between Pokémon and Animal Crossing, I thinned out some people on here I hadn't seen SwapNotes from in a while because I was running low on space.

Also, Fireblend... I re-read your post this morning. I shouldn't have replied while looking at my phone while I was eating. *chuckles* So yes, if you're making your own SwapNote and you take a picture, it saves to the SD card automatically - even if you don't send the picture.

Chrom

New stationery available: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

Edit: Another stationery from today as well. Dokodemo Honya-San for 3DS.

y3FKHj6.png

axisofweevils

Wow. I thought that Nintendo had silently discontinued Swapnote in order to pave way for 3DS Miiverse. ..

Chrom

Two new ones today: Japanese version of the Link Between Worlds stationery, along with a stationery for Monster Hunter Festa 2013, a Capcom event.

axisofweevils

Wow. I thought that Nintendo had silently discontinued Swapnote in order to pave way for 3DS Miiverse. ..

Well this was incredibly prophetic of me.
I'll kind of miss Swapnote, but I could clearly see the end coming. ;__;

zroid

Banned
It's kind of bizarre that they explicitly discontinued the special messages as well. Those are completely separate from the supposed problems that existed with the service. Why would they? Miiverse is the only explanation I can think of, because they do post news and stuff on Miiverse in the same fashion.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's been fun guys.

Worst part is that I have every stationary except for the English ACNL #1 (with all the heads) because apparently the Japanese one wasn't overwritten.

99.99% completion!

Frolow

Banned
It's been fun guys.

Worst part is that I have every stationary except for the English ACNL #1 (with all the heads) because apparently the Japanese one wasn't overwritten.

99.99% completion!

If you have the English note saved you can still get it. Just delete the Japanese one, view the English version once again, and then you should be good.

Fewr

Swapnote dead, but no flipnote to make up for their insolence?

Argh!

Thanks for the notes, drawings and commenta guys. I really enjoyed all of it.

neto

I just read the other thread, sucks big time, Nintendo should disable only the attachment of images and not shut down the whole service, its basically useless now.

Thanks to all the gafers that sended stationery and their drawings, its was fun, I just missed one stationery, the japanese one posted above

Top Bottom