• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swap Note

EdgeXL

I just scored new stationary themes from the directors of both HarmoKnight and Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger. I think these were gifts to people who bought those games. I forwarded the new themes to my entire friends list.

zroid

Banned
seeing as we've got our first special notes since the update, the "settings" have been revealed.

Basically there's a settings page in which you can toggle whether to receive notes on a game-by-game basis.

I currently have options to receive or not receive notes from:

"News for Everyone"
"Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon"
"HarmoKnight"
"Fire Emblem Awakening"

There are also categories for "Dillon's Rolling Western" and "DRW: The Last Ranger", but I don't have these games so it's locked to "can't receive".

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just got the new Lego and Luigi Mansion stationery. Sent it on. :p

Some people on my timeline are moaning that their Japanese Fire Emblem stationery was replaced with an English one, so that seems to be a thing too...

Chrom

Just got the new Lego and Luigi Mansion stationery. Sent it on. :p

Some people on my timeline are moaning that their Japanese Fire Emblem stationery was replaced with an English one, so that seems to be a thing too...

Yeah, I have it. It's supposed to have been sent out to players of the game.

Gvaz

Banned
How do you use this stationary thing? I have no idea how to use them.

Also lemme know if you've added me or not:

FC: 0361-6674-6537

Chrom

I'm just learning that there's in fact a HarmoKnight stationery out there. Don't know anything about it other than it exists, though.

Tyeforce

The following stationeries were released today:
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (#2)
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger (#1)
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger (#2)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening (English version of #1)
  • HarmoKnight
  • LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (#3)

These were mentioned in the Nintendo Direct. Did no one here watch it??

Tyeforce

I'm missing the Dillon ones.

You'll only receive them from Nintendo if you've played the games. The first one is from playing the first game, and the second is from playing The Last Ranger.

Seems like the LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins one is the only one that's being sent out to everyone (since the game's not out yet, lol).

MicH

I am missing pretty much every stationary because I.. don't have many friends :( I only have 3 or so.

Will anyone add me and send me some stationary? My friendcode is 2836-0194-8979

Thanks, I appreciate it. The more the merrier :p

Chopper

I have both, but my Friend List is full so I can't send them to anyone here. =/ I'm sure they'll make their rounds soon.

I guess this means not many people own the two Dillon's Rolling Western games. Sad. :(
I did! The first one at least. Didn't get anything in the UK. I remember when we were 3DS buddies Tye man.

*sniff*

Still no Dillion ones for me either.

I have both, but my Friend List is full so I can't send them to anyone here. =/ I'm sure they'll make their rounds soon.

I guess this means not many people own the two Dillon's Rolling Western games. Sad. :(
I would of played them if the first game had a left handed feature. I think it was pretty lame that they didn't include one. (I know the sequel has one, but when I start a series, I start at the beginning.)

Tyeforce

I did! The first one at least. Didn't get anything in the UK. I remember when we were 3DS buddies Tye man.

*sniff*
I'm sorry. D: I had to delete everyone from GAF to make room for people I know in person. Too many people have a 3DS now; I'm even having to choose to delete people in my StreetPass group now! ._.

Gvaz

Banned
Oh no one told me you had to send NEW messages, not replies in order to get swapnote features like using backgrounds and sound unlocked.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
SwapNoteGAF, I had an idea for listing our 3DS FCs.

In your profile, in "A few details about yourself" under Biography, follow this format:

3DS FC: 3952-7020-0897; NNID: Diggeh (PM if added)

Because The OverGAFers That Be haven't added a profile field for it yet even after I made a topic for it.

I've found that more people have added me since I put my info in my profile. Maybe we can get some uniformity from this! :)

Busaiku

Is there any way to reorder the Stationaries?

I keep trying to figure out which one I'm missing by looking up the list, but apparently I keep getting confused cause I can't seem to pin it down.
Meanwhile I'm flooding a bunch of you peoples' thinking I'm missing the one I post, but then it turns out I actually have them!

Chrom

Is there any way to reorder the Stationaries?

I keep trying to figure out which one I'm missing by looking up the list, but apparently I keep getting confused cause I can't seem to pin it down.
Meanwhile I'm flooding a bunch of you peoples' thinking I'm missing the one I post, but then it turns out I actually have them!

There's no convenient way to do so. You can try deleting the stationery and reobtaining them to get them at the end of your list, but that's not very practical.

So, the Delete Stationery function actually has a practical use it besides helping people that don't care for clutter. If you set things up right, it will let you keep/use all versions of any stationery that have regional differences. All you have to do is have a version of each stationery in your mailbox. (It's easier if you favorite each version for quick access.)

For example, if you want to use the FallBlox stationery, but you live in the US and have already had the Crashmo version overwrite it, all you have to do is delete the Crashmo stationery from your stationery list (note: NOT the note you received the stationery from) and then look at your note with the FallBlox stationery. The FallBlox stationery will save itself to your stationery list, and voila!

When you want to switch back to Crashmo, just look at your Crashmo note, and it will automatically overwrite it if you're in the US. (Same goes with any region, your version will always have priority. If you're not in the native region, you'll have to delete it and re-save the version you want by looking at a note.) It's important to remember that you need to keep each version of the stationery in your mailbox so you can keep switching back and forth. (Again, adding them to your favorites makes this much easier.) If you don't, you'll lose which everyone you deleted, and you'll have to get it sent to you again.

To my knowledge, the following stationery have different region variants:

Art Academy (Japanese/English)
Crashmo/Pullblox
Fire Emblem Awakening #1 (Japanese/English)
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon #1 (US/Japan/PAL?)*

*I'm unsure about the Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon #1. I've read a couple places that both Japan and the PAL region have a different version than the US. I haven't personally seen them though.

If anyone does have the different Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon #1 stationery besides the US version, let me know if you want to trade. I have every other stationery, including the variants of Art Academy, Crashmo and Fire Emblem.

My Friend Code: 0516-7436-2322

SwapNoteGAF, I had an idea for listing our 3DS FCs.

In your profile, in "A few details about yourself" under Biography, follow this format:

Because The OverGAFers That Be haven't added a profile field for it yet even after I made a topic for it.

I've found that more people have added me since I put my info in my profile. Maybe we can get some uniformity from this! :)

Just edited my profile to add my info, following this format.

I have missed adding a few people the last 2 or 3 days. I am losing track of who I have added because of names being different on the 3DS than here (same as me, Steve H) :)

edit: added gunloc above

Fc: 3969-3742-5709

zroid

Banned
So, the Delete Stationery function actually has a practical use it besides helping people that don't care for clutter. If you set things up right, it will let you keep/use all versions of any stationery that have regional differences. All you have to do is have a version of each stationery in your mailbox. (It's easier if you favorite each version for quick access.)

hmmmm...

I'm pretty sure I received notes with all the variants at some point, but I don't remember if I deleted some of them. -_-

I probably did. :(

neto

Yep that happened to me, the good news is that I still havent deleted the swapnote with the japanese one

Will anyone add me and send me some stationary? My friendcode is 2836-0194-8979

I added you! tell me which stationery you want here is my FC: 2852-7459-4308

The following stationeries were released today:
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (#2)
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger (#1)
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger (#2)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening (English version of #1)
  • HarmoKnight
  • LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins

I'm missing both from Dillon and HarmoKnight, does anyone have them? I have all the other ones if anyone wants them just add me FC: 2852-7459-4308

To my knowledge, the following stationery have different region variants:

Art Academy (Japanese/English)
Crashmo/Pullblox
Fire Emblem Awakening #1 (Japanese/English)
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon #1 (US/Japan/PAL?)*

If anyone does have the different Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon #1 stationery besides the US version, let me know if you want to trade. I have every other stationery, including the variants of Art Academy, Crashmo and Fire Emblem.

hi I added you, can you send me the japanese art academy and crashmo? (I have fallblox)

OMG Aero

Just got the letter from Nikki about the update in Europe and I'm downloading it now.
It's funny how the update was announced here first but we're only just getting it now.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's been a while since I didn't enter Swap Note, and...what the hell happened? It's in fast mode, it's too fast how new notes are visualized, what the heck :lol

Tyeforce

Looks like there's a third Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity stationery as well. They mentioned Pokémon Mystery Dungeon stationery in the Nintendo Direct and on their Facebook Page, but since I didn't get it until now I thought they might have been referring to the previous stationeries if you haven't received them yet, lol. Good to know there's a new stationery! That's seven new stationeries total!

JoeM86

Looks like there's a third Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity stationery as well. They mentioned Pokémon Mystery Dungeon stationery in the Nintendo Direct and on their Facebook Page, but since I didn't get it until now I thought they might have been referring to the previous stationeries if you haven't received them yet, lol. Good to know there's a new stationery! That's seven new stationeries total!

Yep. Better than the last one
dungeon3.png

Gvaz

Banned

Could you hook me up those as well? FC is 0301-9820-0716. Much appreciated. :D
I need more people and more stationaries
2449-4709-3840 add me
added you
3995-6514-2832

I would love to have more folks from GAF on 3DS!

0860-3412-6129 kirbyflats

oh and add me too guys

3566-1651-0881

just pm me if you add me but i'm not online all the time so try and give like a couple days or something

Added!

FC is
1848-1841-5541

I'd love to exchange swapnotes with anyone and everyone!
I finally found this thread! I want to add new friends, I wish I couls use Swapnote more...it's fantastic! :D
My friend code is: 1762-3066-1069
Add me! :D
Hi Storm: I still use the Swapnote/Postbox app.

This is my 3DS Friend Code:

4768 7426 9051

Add me :)
Anyone want to be friends? Don't know much people with 3DSes that actually play it. I kind of want to try using this app, not too familiar with how to use it though. I tried to send some to someone but it looks like it sent to all my friends.

FC: 1075-1077-0952

Yeah, sure. (I think most of the friends I added a year or so ago are Swapnoted out.)

4081-5682-3874.

(If anyone else wants to be friends, just tell me! I try to make a few...let's say, "interesting" swap notes every now and then. :p )

I really would like to have this one. Could anybody send it to me?

My FC: 5455-9407-9927
Lino

Thanks in advance.
bawww

alright, hit me up @ 1676-3679-7062

If there are any others you want, let me know, as I have the lot of 'em

Added all of you!

Add me back please~
0361-6674-6537

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So, erm, can someone explain how I received a note from someone not in my friend list?

20130420012805.jpg

Tyeforce

sreetpass? or maybe the person was deleted from the friends list before you opened it. that's all i can think of.
StreetPass in Swapnote only works with people you have registered as friends.

Someone probably sent it and then deleted him afterwards. The note would have still been sent before the other person deleted him.

Soulmate

Banned
I just recently got a 3DS with Fire Emblem, I'd appreciate it if anyone can add me -->4957-2909-2730 I'm looking for the "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (#3)" stationery, I have the rest of them so if anyone needs any, add me.

Thanks in advance.

BowieZ

Banned
Missing NSMB2 #1, NSMB2 #2, Mario Tennis (Peach), Paper Mario, Crashmo, PokemonB&W2 #2, #3.

So I have 50 overall atm.

And for some reason it won't let me save Fire Emblem #1 (Japanese version) - because I have the EU version? is that normal?

Missing NSMB2 #1, NSMB2 #2, Mario Tennis (Peach), Paper Mario, Crashmo, PokemonB&W2 #2, #3.

So I have 50 overall atm.

And for some reason it won't let me save Fire Emblem #1 (Japanese version) - because I have the EU version? is that normal?

Yeah, the English Fire Emblem stationary replaced the Japanese stationary for people who already had it.

Tyeforce

There's a new LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins stationery! It's different from the one that was released last week. This one has Rex Fury and his gang of bad guys on it, lol.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Recently got a 3DS and started playing around with the spotpass stuff. Would like to catch up with all the special stationary I've missed out on if anyone would be so kind as to share whatever they want.

3DS FC: 5086-1320-6668 - PM me if adding

All I have now are:
2 Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
1 LEGO City Undercover
1 Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
and one that's just a white background with a winged envelope in the upper left corner

Top Bottom