• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 |OT| All Hail the Gooch

meow

Looks pretty awesome even though I have no idea what reflect nor weapon mastery is good for. but damn, that was alot of mats.
just means you get the full benefit of both weapons instead of half the stats of the second and I think it also gives you the mega/giga/tera modifier things.

Okay, once I actually understood the game it got a lot more fun, but is there anyway to get weapons? I have 4 S rank, 3 SS rank and, 2 Z rank heroes but only a single S class weapon and apparently that means my heroes are worthless...

Is the gatcha the only way to get good weapons?
Should I reroll if so?
I dunno...I rerolled for better weapons and I was never lucky enough to get an awesome guardian and weapon combo. I settled with a roll that gave me a SS weapon and SS guardian (except the weapon is a sword and my guardian is pure magic so...woop) and a Z armor (imo it seems like the Z armor is the least useful out of any Z equipment I could have gotten). With that many Z/SS I dunno if I would bother. Some of the A rank weapons seem pretty good once you level them up. If you do, I'd save that account in case you want to come back to it.

Technically. There's only 3 chapters at launch though, which is basically 2 prologue chapters and then the first story chapter. I think they're planning on weekly releases though? We'll see.

Yep, the plan is weekly. We might have to see if some fixes take a bit of precedence :V though I get the impression the content for the next couple chapters is pretty much ready to go right now.

Also, co-op is fine and fun; you just need to get used to making sure you're not overlapping someone else (and should probably assume someone else will rush in to fill spots on the boss). If anything, the current boss is a bit too easy now that people are getting leveled Leviathans and whatnot - I keep seeing him melt in well under two minutes. Looking forward to higher difficulties getting released.

I'm still having a lot of fun with this, and I'm about to have a 100% Leviathan. If anything, I actually feel like I'm gaining power rather quickly, since even with S and A weapons I'm topping co-op charts and laying waste to everything outside of Leviathan Hard, and it's just the first week...

Hoping some people can give me some guidance or opinions about my guardians and gear. I'm at chapter, just got the new party members. Just wondering if I should equip certain story characters with certain guardians, and I'd assume that depending on the guardian, that would dictate what gear should go with them.

Any advice would be awesome.

Z Guardians
Chirol

SS Guardians
Samantha
Zumba
Roland

S Guardians
Unryu
Uhse

A Guardians
Kwantas
Joogo
Juzeiana
Oppul
Bibi'lamia

Z Gear
Muramasa
Keraunos

SS Gear
Gladius

S Gear
Sun Lance

A Gear
Trident
Diamond Bow
Uso-Midori
Orichalum Rod

Baliis

So it’s not dependent on level? I get Nucleotides constantly on Lv 1, but never gotten an Un-Matter

No idea, but I've gotten 2 un-matters from doing synched chapter 1 or 2 I can't recall which I got then on, but I'd guess chapter 1 since I've done that way more.

Baliis

Is it really possible to get Levi on easy :(

I've heard people say they've gotten it. Find a friendon with Djagos and a good matk stat that is level 90+ for negotiator for the bonus recruit chance.

Also just do the fight on normal if you can, with a good Djagos, you'll 1 turn Levi with a power point anyways so you don't even get hit by Maelstrom, and the one I usually use anyways can full clear the whole screen on every round.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is it really possible to get Levi on easy :(

I've heard of it but Normal seems actually consistent from my experience.

(Over 50 kills of Leviathan)
Can you get Un-Matter on any maps?

Chapter 1 synced works for me. I heard 2 and 3 also have it but 1 is smallest and fastest.
Hoping some people can give me some guidance or opinions about my guardians and gear. I'm at chapter, just got the new party members. Just wondering if I should equip certain story characters with certain guardians, and I'd assume that depending on the guardian, that would dictate what gear should go with them.

Any advice would be awesome.

Z Guardians
Chirol

SS Guardians
Samantha
Zumba
Roland

S Guardians
Unryu
Uhse

A Guardians
Kwantas
Joogo
Juzeiana
Oppul
Bibi'lamia

Z Gear
Muramasa
Keraunos

SS Gear
Gladius

S Gear
Sun Lance

A Gear
Trident
Diamond Bow
Uso-Midori
Orichalum Rod

Some really impressive rolls. I'm a bit swamped with grinds right now to write up detailed posts but I can direct you to some resources.

Terra Battle Reddit Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/9pGwUG3

A lot of mechanics that might not be obvious: https://terrabattleforum.com/threads/terra-battle-2-gameplay-mechanics.13384/

Haly

Yes I only have 600 co-op medals. I really want two ancient staves but I have 0 and like 9 100 needles.

Baliis

Yes I only have 600 co-op medals. I really want two ancient staves but I have 0 and like 9 100 needles.

I got 2 now, but tbh they dont seem very good? At least not compared to stuff I already have, but I haven't leveled them too much. Do they get good range or something?

Haly

I got 2 now, but tbh they dont seem very good? At least not compared to stuff I already have, but I haven't leveled them too much. Do they get good range or something?

You can see their maxed form in the details page. 53 MATK max, 3 rows. The coverage is pretty good and the stats are... bad, but a lot better than Oak staff which is the only easily obtained MATK item in the game right now. I want a team of 3 mages and 1 warrior instead of 1 warrior/1 hybrid and 2 mages so I need all the MATK I can get.

How do you grt this ancient stave?

Edit: Also just recoded RNA on my physical attacker, got him back up to 45. Already have materials to do his DNA next, so just gotta max him

Baliis

I don't even wanna know how decked this guy's made is lol. I broke 100k on the last hit against the co-op boss and had about 50k points. Got second to a guy that had over 150k from two pincers.

Reward from the co-op fight.

I don't even wanna know how decked this guy's made is lol. I broke 100k on the last hit against the co-op boss and had about 50k points. Got second to a guy that had over 150k from two pincers.

Reward from the co-op fight.

Do you have to get SS or something? I’ve gotten second before but never first

Haly

You don't HAVE to be SS but from listening to discord it seems like your best bet for staff comes from being top 3.

An accessible way of getting top 3 is doing two max Skill Bond King Orbling.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TerraBattle/comments/72hnl7/updates_from_sakaguchi_translated_by_bmelts/
5rc0cvve95oz.png

Rixa

Edit: Also just recoded RNA on my physical attacker, got him back up to 45. Already have materials to do his DNA next, so just gotta max him

Do note that if you change from RNA to DNA, swap back to RNA costs some materials.
So unlike TB1 at the moment swapping between DNA/RNA costs materials everytime. Not sure if this is intention or bad coding.

Rixa

Figured some things out and am able to beat leviathan normal easily now, but he won't drop as a reward.

If you can, try to find friend Djago level over 89 (at lvl 90 Djago gets Negotiator 30% skill), possible one thats been Recoded and has "Pro negotiator". Iam using recoded friend Djago that is level 60 and so far, almost all runs on normal has dropped Leviathan.

If you can, try to find friend Djago level over 89 (at lvl 90 Djago gets Negotiator 30% skill), possible one thats been Recoded and has "Pro negotiator". Iam using recoded friend Djago that is level 60 and so far, almost all runs on normal has dropped Leviathan.

Cool I just tried it with Djago and got a monstrous soul...at least now I know what will increase my odds.

Do note that if you change from RNA to DNA, swap back to RNA costs some materials.
So unlike TB1 at the moment swapping between DNA/RNA costs materials everytime. Not sure if this is intention or bad coding.

Oh for some reason I thought you could do both simultaneously

Wait I had two leviathans in my inventory, weird. I’ve been pretty close attention and feel like I never saw that he was dropped as a reward. Does it not show up on the loot screen?

Falk

that puzzling face
Wait I had two leviathans in my inventory, weird. I’ve been pretty close attention and feel like I never saw that he was dropped as a reward. Does it not show up on the loot screen?

Yeah this happens to me as well. Shows the creature drop in the battle interface but nothing in loot screen then it's there in inventory.

Vena

Does the loot table for Levi actually change from Normal to Hard? I see no reason to actually run Hard over Normal for grinding him right now.

You don't HAVE to be SS but from listening to discord it seems like your best bet for staff comes from being top 3.

An accessible way of getting top 3 is doing two max Skill Bond King Orbling.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TerraBattle/comments/72hnl7/updates_from_sakaguchi_translated_by_bmelts/

These changes will be great for new people (and some nice fixes), but I am not tossing away my farmed up SSs and maxed Levi for rerolls. RIP!

Pejo

I'm not sure what it is about this game, the first one didn't catch me at all, but I'm loving this one.

Anyways, quick Q - Why is my Friendon weighing in a good 30~MATK less than my exact same geared story character? I looked at the actual character stats and they're identical. Not sure where I'm losing the stats.

Haly

I'm not sure what it is about this game, the first one didn't catch me at all, but I'm loving this one.

Anyways, quick Q - Why is my Friendon weighing in a good 30~MATK less than my exact same geared story character? I looked at the actual character stats and they're identical. Not sure where I'm losing the stats.
Frendons tend to be buggy. I've heard of Frendons having more stats than they should but not less.

Haly

Does the loot table for Levi actually change from Normal to Hard? I see no reason to actually run Hard over Normal for grinding him right now.
Hard is not worth the hassle. People report less drops aside from Levi himself.

Rixa

I’ve gotten A~S on coop about 10 times, never seen this staff. How rare is it?

Ive done raid well over 50 times, >10 times being top 3. I have 0 Staff, 0 Dagger, 3 100 Needles companions.

There are "few" bugs around. Elga (top unit) has Bronze armor that in inventory is level 60.

Fed 100k xp (10 raid Mightys) to DNA Elga, level went from 48 to 51. Good luck getting leves after recoding. Raid comes familiar.

Ive done raid well over 50 times, >10 times being top 3. I have 0 Staff, 0 Dagger, 3 100 Needles companions.

There are "few" bugs around. Elga (top unit) has Bronze armor that in inventory is level 60.ar.

Is this the Orichalcum Dagger? I actually did get one of those

Haly

7 daggers 10 needles 0 staves

Send help
and staves

I got an Oak Staff up to level 49 (max level), and bought a second one (lv. 1). Why can’t i unleash the first one? The option is still grayed out

Pejo

I got an Oak Staff up to level 49 (max level), and bought a second one (lv. 1). Why can't i unleash the first one? The option is still grayed out

I had this same thing happen to me. I had to do another Metal zone and get more resonance before it let me do anything despite it being maxed. Give it a try maybe.

*Edit* - Forgot to ask my question - What's the best use of time with the limited stuff we have left? I already got my Djagos to 90 for Negotiator.

Do I:

-Farm Leviathan for 100% B
-Keep spamming metal zone to raise resonance on gear
-Farm some recoding materials
-Kill Orbling boss to 100% B him
-Do multiplayer in a futile search to get a staff or dagger

help!

Baliis

I had this same thing happen to me. I had to do another Metal zone and get more resonance before it let me do anything despite it being maxed. Give it a try maybe.

*Edit* - Forgot to ask my question - What's the best use of time with the limited stuff we have left? I already got my Djagos to 90 for Negotiator.

Do I:

-Farm Leviathan for 100% B
-Keep spamming metal zone to raise resonance on gear
-Farm some recoding materials
-Kill Orbling boss to 100% B him
-Do multiplayer in a futile search to get a staff or dagger

help!

IMO blow your stamina on Levi, it only really takes a few minutes per kill if you grab a friend that can aoe the screen, then spam the co-op fight. You basically get a Mighty and a Zapper every fight for 1-2 mins of work anyways.

I closed the app and restarted and it worked fine. Seems like just a bug

Yes it's a little buggy, same with hitting 99, the recode button won't light up right away. If you back out to the title screen and look back in it'll fix it.

Haly

"Negotiator" needs to go off on the final turn (before he dies) in order to get the bonus to drop rate. Negotiator stacks with itself, so it's possible to proc it multiple times with a double pincer (2 guys each side) or multiple Negotiators. Skill trigger rates go up to 100% (not drop rate of loot, but Negotiator has a base 30% trigger chance) if their users are chained to a Power Point, the P circle that spawns after some time.

Levi will likely go away within 30 hours, it's unknown if or when she'll be back, so I'd grind Levi and the Co-op boss for the next 2 days.

Baliis

"Negotiator" needs to go off on the final turn (before he dies) in order to get the bonus to drop rate. Negotiator stacks with itself, so it's possible to proc it multiple times with a double pincer (2 guys each side) or multiple Negotiators. Skill trigger rates go up to 100% (not drop rate of loot, but Negotiator has a base 30% trigger chance) if their users are chained to a Power Point, the P circle that spawns after some time.

Also if you can find someone with a recoded Djagos, Nego becomes Nego Pro to Master Nego. I've never missed a recruit off a Nego Pro double pincer in Levi normal. Assuming it's similar to TB1, Nego was 2x chance, Nego pro was 8x chance, no idea what master is.

Vena

Invest in Levi. Its a very, very good guardian with a map-wide AoE that can make farming immensely easy in the long run without needing to depend on RNG.

Pejo

Thanks guys.

That's the first I've heard of Negotiator Pro. I wast just wondering if it was even worth it to recode Djagos, but if the rate jumps that much, I'd say it's worth it right there.

Back to Leviathan I go. She's at 25% right now, shouldn't be too bad to at least get her into the 60s-70s before the event ends. Is there a way to see what the proc chance is for each skill? Or if anyone knows offhand what Maelstrom's proc % is.

Haly

I already maxed Leviathan and I did Leviathan again just now. It's just habit at this point.

Top Bottom