• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 |OT| All Hail the Gooch

forgrim

Thanks guys.

That's the first I've heard of Negotiator Pro. I wast just wondering if it was even worth it to recode Djagos, but if the rate jumps that much, I'd say it's worth it right there.

Back to Leviathan I go. She's at 25% right now, shouldn't be too bad to at least get her into the 60s-70s before the event ends. Is there a way to see what the proc chance is for each skill? Or if anyone knows offhand what Maelstrom's proc % is.

Its 10% so 90% for 100% chance.

Baliis

Thanks guys.

That's the first I've heard of Negotiator Pro. I wast just wondering if it was even worth it to recode Djagos, but if the rate jumps that much, I'd say it's worth it right there.

Back to Leviathan I go. She's at 25% right now, shouldn't be too bad to at least get her into the 60s-70s before the event ends. Is there a way to see what the proc chance is for each skill? Or if anyone knows offhand what Maelstrom's proc % is.
5vGcckU.png

Unrelated, but this is the friend I usually use for fast clearing, just one shots everything.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's HOT ASS.

(Icebind resist by 10%. Icebind is a skill only Levi and a few other Guardians have. The chances of you really needing Icebind protection and not being able to get it somehow are slim to none.)

Nikokuno

It's HOT ASS.

(Icebind resist by 10%. Icebind is a skill only Levi and a few other Guardians have. The chances of you really needing Icebind protection and not being able to get it somehow are slim to none.)

TB difficulty escalation is real, it's not because you don't need it now that you'll not use it after #notevenweekone #longwaytogo

Baliis

Okay, Leviathan is kind of insane, especially for a "free" unit. o_O

To their credit, TB1 was really good about free units. Leviathan was practically mandatory for MZ7 since you needed icebind for the mirrors. Odin and Bahamut were both pretty good as well. My Shin'en team was 3 B units, an A unit, and two free units. My IDK team was 5 free units + Gegonago, my RDK team was all free units. Invincible ^ and both Seiryus were totally free and super useful. It was a total grind to clear out PoF/PoFoF, but you could do it.

Vena

It's HOT ASS.

Ya, its pretty extreme ass. I stopped at 50% farming for him right now, and just running Hard Metal Zone to level the odd A/SS items I happen to have, hah.

Kyuur

Not a huge fan of the new chapter map setup. Can't see shit when I'm moving around with my thumb in the way.

Man, got 2 daggers within 10 minutes of each other. Only need 1 more staff to have 2 of each now.

Is there any way to find out what the maxed range/stats are of a weapon?

Haly

Under Details in the Quests page. It shows you the max stats/range of both raid weapons.

Vena

Ancient Staff doesn't seem much better from Oak. You lose stats, I think, for redundant rows of damage if you can stack stuff correctly.

Haly

Oak Staff at max is only 30 MATK. Ancient Staff max is 53, it's a pretty big difference.

chrono01

To their credit, TB1 was really good about free units. Leviathan was practically mandatory for MZ7 since you needed icebind for the mirrors. Odin and Bahamut were both pretty good as well. My Shin'en team was 3 B units, an A unit, and two free units. My IDK team was 5 free units + Gegonago, my RDK team was all free units. Invincible ^ and both Seiryus were totally free and super useful. It was a total grind to clear out PoF/PoFoF, but you could do it.
Good to know, here's hoping they keep it up here!

BTW, I'm relieved to read that the energy for doing pulls will remain at 3/30 (single/multi) beyond the 27th. I have close to enough for two more multi, but I'm waiting to see if the next banner will be a 2x guaranteed S one (assuming TB2 receives them like TB1 did). If the energy were going to increase to 50 though, I would have done one more here. Thankfully, I don't need to.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not a huge fan of the new chapter map setup. Can't see shit when I'm moving around with my thumb in the way.

In-chapter maps are hilarious. If you take the on-field cutscenes to be some kind of representation of what actually happens in the canon, then accidentally dragging your party along the side of a cliff while trying to grab an item because the control scheme is so floaty has to be akin to MC+friends stumbling and tripping against the wall while drunk or something, wasting literally hours of time.

Pejo

- Is there no way to refill stamina with Energy?
- Is the best source of recode materials that recode dungeon? I did it once and got like 15 field item drops and zero recode mats.
- Should you always recode when possible? It seems like one of the two options is just a straight upgrade over the base, and the other option changes the unit pretty drastically.
- I'm up to 45% on my leviathan. Pretty sure I can eek out another 45% tomorrow if I don't waste stamina.

The jank in the map screen is so bad that they have to be looking to fix it. I remember someone earlier in the thread suggested giving us a total number of tiles we can move instead of a time based thing, which I liked a lot. Hope they move to that and SIGNIFICANTLY improve controls and movement.

Baliis

Whoa, sorry bout the giant pictures lol, they didn't look that big on my phone and I'm just seeing um on my PC lol

Haly

- Is there no way to refill stamina with Energy?
Main Menu Shop -> Restore Stamina

- Is the best source of recode materials that recode dungeon? I did it once and got like 15 field item drops and zero recode mats.

The best source of recode materials is doing the chapters synced and picking up all the treasures. Monstrous Hearts/Souls can be had from Levi normal.

Rixa

Does maxed Levi make Hard Metal cakewalk?
Havent tested it out but was wondering same than previous posters that could be useful to level items that are not maxed and getting some lvl exp too.

Vena

Havent tested it out but was wondering same than previous posters that could be useful to level items that are not maxed and getting some lvl exp too.

You need a good amount of magic, but yes.

Haly

Yes, but Maelstrom can miss. I bring 2 now. I lose about 5% of the exp but I hopefully make up for it with consistency.

Rixa

You need a good amount of magic, but yes.

Yes, but Maelstrom can miss. I bring 2 now. I lose about 5% of the exp but I hopefully make up for it with consistency.

Ok need to bring friend Levi or something. Orichalcum Rod can got few levels but aside from that and Beret, best I can get for Levi.

Screenshot_20170927-095959.png

Enough mag?
I can clear the dungeon with other setup +55k xp (usually over 60k), but just trying to max xp gains from it.

Got Levi up to 60% B. Going to keep at it and hope I get enough dupes to get to 100%.

If only the Master Negotiator toting Djagos would accept my friend invite.

I think I’m more or less done with Levi. Got to 49% U, but I’ll just farm the other 1% manually, have too much stuff to level up and need to switch to metal zones. Sadly I’m 2 berets short of being able to fully unleash 2 of them, but oh well.

Getting a little burnt out on the raid too, but I’d really like to get a second staff if possible so i can unleash it. Got 4 daggers already

Pejo

I have level 93 Djagos (not recoded yet, working on it) for GAF use if anyone needs it. Just give me your friend codes and I'll make room to add you.

I'm not sure if it's just like this because I have her, but my friend requests come in crazy fast, and it's a real pain in the ass to manage them. Hope that's on the list of things to improve eventually.

I have level 93 Djagos (not recoded yet, working on it) for GAF use if anyone needs it. Just give me your friend codes and I'll make room to add you.

I'm not sure if it's just like this because I have her, but my friend requests come in crazy fast, and it's a real pain in the ass to manage them. Hope that's on the list of things to improve eventually.

My code is 9f5c4bbb. Thanks!

Pejo

My code is 9f5c4bbb. Thanks!

Added.

Got my Levi to 85%, only 3 more drops to go. I got this. Got a ton of berets and helmets while I've been farming her too, which is nice.

I was running story mode Sync Play last night to try to get some recoding materials and I'm really confused on how you get into some of the treasure locations. I ultimately ended up doing it just by swiping really fast with a single character so he could make it into the mountain area before getting snapped back, just long enough to snag the treasure. Is that the way I'm supposed to be doing it? I searched all around for hidden passages and couldn't find anything.

in the raid, my characters are powerful enough now that I can usually get one of the top 3 positions, still have yet to see a dagger or staff drop though. Probably just giving up on these.

I was looking through some of the U rewards for the characters I have, and there's an A rank named Macrant that has a Dual Wield Gauntlet at 100%. If this is what I think it is, it's probably going to be my priority to farm. That seems really good to offset the 1/2 stat penalty for a second weapon, and I would assume could be used by any unit.

Added.

Got my Levi to 85%, only 3 more drops to go. I got this. Got a ton of berets and helmets while I've been farming her too, which is nice.

I was running story mode Sync Play last night to try to get some recoding materials and I'm really confused on how you get into some of the treasure locations. I ultimately ended up doing it just by swiping really fast with a single character so he could make it into the mountain area before getting snapped back, just long enough to snag the treasure. Is that the way I'm supposed to be doing it? I searched all around for hidden passages and couldn't find anything.

in the raid, my characters are powerful enough now that I can usually get one of the top 3 positions, still have yet to see a dagger or staff drop though. Probably just giving up on these.

I was looking through some of the U rewards for the characters I have, and there's an A rank named Macrant that has a Dual Wield Gauntlet at 100%. If this is what I think it is, it's probably going to be my priority to farm. That seems really good to offset the 1/2 stat penalty for a second weapon, and I would assume could be used by any unit.

Is there any way to farm A units other than using them in battle forever?

Haly

Brute forcing those treasures is indeed the only way.

My code is 43af3973, I've got a Pengu DNA up, should have Negotiator unlocked soon.

chrono01

I hope we get a nice banner after the 27th, I have almost enough for two multi-pull but want to see what we'll get first. I need more equipment.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
When is this game launching?

This beta is whack. Can't even freaking log in most of the time.

Top Bottom