• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Having an iPhone announcement podcast without Gary is so sad. I love hearing him talk about his enthusiasm. Jeremy is cool, but Gary is the way.

MoeDabs

Having an iPhone announcement podcast without Gary is so sad. I love hearing him talk about his enthusiasm. Jeremy is cool, but Gary is the way.

Yeah it was. It was even sadder seeing they replaced Gary's name with Jeremy's on the podcast art. It makes sense, but still is sad.

LiK

Ditto, I miss Gary.

I like Jeremy but the weekly 3D printer talk is just poison to my ears. Boring and uninteresting.

jyoung188

Ditto, I miss Gary.

I like Jeremy but the weekly 3D printer talk is just poison to my ears. Boring and uninteresting.

Yeah a new iphone announcement podcast without Gary is just wrong. It really hasn't been the same without him, Jeremy is alright but he's no Gary.

And if they never talk about fucking 3d printers again it'll be too soon.

popo

If they do the charity thing in October you might get him on. I doubt he is on Disney payroll - more likely to just have a freelance contract - but I imagine he is pretty busy.

Zaph

I don't mean he's literally on their payroll, it's a turn of phrase. As in he's really busy on a very high profile project and is probably being careful with his image. Even his twitter has gotten much more chilled out compared to the shit talking he used to do.

popo

I don't mean he's literally on their payroll, it's a turn of phrase. As in he's really busy on a very high profile project and is probably being careful with his image. Even his twitter has gotten much more chilled out compared to the shit talking he used to do.

No sure, the difference being that if he was a legit Disney employee then he might well be banned from podcasts and the like. I don't think it is that - more that he has deadlines to consider.

You might be right about his rants though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Man I love how they're all wearing the exact same outfit.

Its always funny how Computer Chronicles makes 2001+ look an awful lot like the mid 90s.

Zaph

Weren't they raising less and less each year? Not surprised they're dropping it. Plus, without Gary, what's the point?

Weren't they raising less and less each year? Not surprised they're dropping it. Plus, without Gary, what's the point?
I'm pretty sure they raised more last year than the year before, but yeah, I don't think they ever hit the first year's total again

Chuck

Still without luck
They mentioned they thought they were losing possible dollars to extra life, and while that's probably partially true, I don't think that's really it. They've lost a lot of dedicated fans over the past 2 years. One reason would be the giant bomb split and the other would be Jamie and Adam, clearly.

Even the tech stuff they do is usually more catered to the YouTube audience and they're certainly not going to be the ones to be huge fans.

It's really sad as someone who has been with the site since the day it launched. Really sad.

popo

So I listened to the latest podcast after quite a while away - I think the last one I listened to was ep 200 which doesn't seem that long ago but going by the ep numbers I guess it must be.

It was fine. I skipped an hour of VR talk because I don't really care about that.

My question is - Norm called out people as "chudds" three or four times. Is this a running gag? - because as a now casual listener, I really could not tell and have to say it made him sound like a real dick. I know they used to make fun of him as a "1%er" but he seemed pretty serious his time and left a bad impression. If it is a joke they might want to rethink it as it could well be putting occasional listeners off.

Isn't happening. There was talk about maybe next April.

:(

*photoshop my face onto Veronica*

iuoFVenJoLbs2.gif

FStop7

Banned

It's worth listening to the podcast for the details.

Less money raised year on year.
Conflicting scheduling w/ Extra Life.
Gary availability.

Will indicated that Tested will probably participate in Extra Life, so chances are there will still be a 24 hour show in some form or another.

Chuck

Still without luck
Thank Jebus they recorded before the Giants shit. Gary's episode wasn't wasted!

edit OMG: "Butterdick Cumberbatch"
KuGsj.gif

jyoung188

This show is so much better with Gary.

This episode was the first episode in months that I haven't skipped though or skipped entirely.

I miss the Whiskey days...

popo

I liked Gary saying how he doesn't leave all his media players on standby because he isn't made of money and then transitioning straight in to talking about ordering a new 5k iMac. :D

Top Bottom