• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

pronk420

that podcast with the castlevania lady was pretty cool, i might start listening to sword and laser.

the last 3 have all been great podcasts, i think the amount of news due to all the press conferences helps.

hopefully they will install L preview so they can talk about it. its super easy and it works suprisingly well for an beta

eznark

Banned
This is probably going to come off as harsh and I don't mean it that way but...why should I care what Will's wife has to say?

LiK

This is probably going to come off as harsh and I don't mean it that way but...why should I care what Will's wife has to say?

I always enjoy her opinions and she has a nice voice.

Btw, I notice that they no longer to fake outtakes. Makes me sad.

popo

I think it is just a matter of them being a tiny staff and once one of the pair is off on vacation they are pretty much stuffed.

eznark

Banned
Pretty dumb thing to say. Why should you care what Will, Norm or Gary has to say?

I don't care what Gary has to say. But if I did it would be because of his background in games and tech.

I care what Norm and Will have to say because their job is to write and talk about interesting stuff so I assume they have spent some time (emphasis on some) learning and familiarizing themselves with the things they are talking about. Isn't Will's wife an RN? I'm sure she is a great, smart person but why do I care what she thinks about .... whatever the hell this site is about. Originally I followed them from Max PC.

I don't listen to podcasts just to hear random people talk about stuff. I listen to podcasts to hear specific people with some backgrounds in the things they are speaking about speak about those things.

mojiimbo

I don't care what Gary has to say. But if I did it would be because of his background in games and tech.

I care what Norm and Will have to say because their job is to write and talk about interesting stuff so I assume they have spent some time (emphasis on some) learning and familiarizing themselves with the things they are talking about. Isn't Will's wife an RN? I'm sure she is a great, smart person but why do I care what she thinks about .... whatever the hell this site is about. Originally I followed them from Max PC.

I don't listen to podcasts just to hear random people talk about stuff. I listen to podcasts to hear specific people with some backgrounds in the things they are speaking about speak about those things.
Her role on the podcast is largely to get feedback from a regular/non-tech bubble person's view. Seems like they only do it when a regular podcast probably wasn't going to happen because of scheduling and they're labeled differently so I don't mind it and it's easy to skip. Lloyd is the only one I would really trust to have deep technical knowledge of computer hardware/software, Will and Norm seem more like layman tech aficionados+. I mean, have you heard them talk about games or science? I listen to Tested 75% for entertainment and 25% for knowledge anyways.

pronk420

For me tested is somewhere between the two, a lot of the time I know more about what they are talking about than they do, either because I read about it online or just general computer stuff. But I don't know anyone else into that sort of thing so it's interesting to hear what someone else thinks of it.

The last podcast with wills wife was great I thought.

FStop7

Banned
Wow at 1%'er Will saying you should pay $20 a month to get faster cable company customer service. Of course there's no Gary there to bring him back down to Earth. This podcast is absolutely horrific since he left. Another gem: "How many music streaming services do you subscribe to?" rather than WHICH service do you subscribe to. WTF am I even listening to?

At some point Tested went from being two weird guys in a basement playing IRL Fruit Ninja to The Barefoot Contessa of tech.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I enjoyed the Oneplus One video. That will probably be my next phone so I like seeing more about it. It sounds really good.

It's a pity they are now putting out stuff I think I would REALLY enjoy again (daily builds videos with Will possibly been a dick to Norm), but locking it behind their paywall. Also, Bricked Reborn will probably be part of this (Will hinted at it), which make me even more sad.

I still don't think I can justify paying $40 when their content is so sporadic. I understand it is budget reason behind this, but I feel BermanBraun (or whoever they are now), should give them a budget for this side of content too. This is the kinda stuff that got them a good following back in the Whiskey days after all.

Although, the podcast seems to be on the up again (Jeremy helps) and the Mr and Mrs Smith casts can be adorable at times so I am starting to find myself visiting the site a bit more often again. I should not complain this much, as quite a lot of their current free content is appealing to me once again.

popo

Didn't it used to be $25? was that an offer or was I imagining it? Either way I don't have time to watch all their free stuff anyway.

62962-i-spw7rrn-x2.jpg

Will's bowtie game is on point

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Will this eventually be released to all users like some of their other videos? Not sure Bricked is enough to get me to sub.

Will this eventually be released to all users like some of their other videos? Not sure Bricked is enough to get me to sub.

There is no such plan for any videos on the site. Once premium, always premium

Best case scenario would be to wait until they do a subscriber sale (which might happen), or hope they introduce monthly membership (and sub for one month).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There is no such plan for any videos on the site. Once premium, always premium

Best case scenario would be to wait until they do a subscriber sale (which might happen), or hope they introduce monthly membership (and sub for one month).
I thought they were doing "subscriber funded" videos which were going to be made available to everyone - like a Patreon model? Weren't Will's woodworking videos funded by subscribers?

I thought they were doing "subscriber funded" videos which were going to be made available to everyone - like a Patreon model? Weren't Will's woodworking videos funded by subscribers?

Yeah, those were funded by subscribers, but they were always meant to be published free. They will probably be doing some more of those videos too. However, Anything that was once published behind the paywall has always stayed behind the paywall. There has been no exceptions to that rule as of yet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, those were funded by subscribers, but they were always meant to be published free. They will probably be doing some more of those videos too. However, Anything that was once published behind the paywall has always stayed behind the paywall. There has been no exceptions to that rule as of yet.
Ah, oh well. I don't think a lego build off is enough to do a full sub.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I still love the guys, but I wouldn't mind if they never talked about 3D printers or drones ever again.

popo

According to whoever posts as "tested" on their youtube channel

Tested 5 Aug 2014+1

As soon as we have the ability to do gift codes, everyone who had time left on their Whiskey subscription when we were sold will get a code good for 6 months of premium membership.

Which would be a decent gesture if it ever happens. Myself, I have kinda moved on, I am months behind on the podcast and free videos anyway.

LiK

I still love the guys, but I wouldn't mind if they never talked about 3D printers or drones ever again.

It's interesting for a few minutes. When they get real deep into it, I just zone out. There's not much that's really interesting to listen to. They should reserve that for videos.

Chuck

Still without luck
The video game talk really has come full circle in its stupidity.

"Bioshock under performed"

*checks facts*

"It sold 8 million copies"

"Well that sucks compared to GTA so I'm still right."

Absolutely incredible.

gokieks

The video game talk really has come full circle in its stupidity.

"Bioshock under performed"

*checks facts*

"It sold 8 million copies"

"Well that sucks compared to GTA so I'm still right."

Absolutely incredible.

They're wrong about a lot of gaming-related stuff, but this is not one of them. BioShock Infinite took so much time and money to develop that it actually was considered a commercial disappointment despite the millions in sales, and is the reason why Irrational is now gone.

Chuck

Still without luck
They're wrong about a lot of gaming-related stuff, but this is not one of them. BioShock Infinite took so much time and money to develop that it actually was considered a commercial disappointment despite the millions in sales, and is the reason why Irrational is now gone.
Alright I guess that's true.

Guess I was busy with all the real-time combat while I was playing Pokemon and listening to the podcast.

eznark

Banned
I haven't watched their Surface 3 in depth video, were they as ludicrously hateful in this one as they have been in the past?

eznark

Banned
I thought of them this week, I was at a conference for business people, big ass conference. Probably 5-1 Surface's to iPads. Zero android tablets that I saw. The thing was universally loved by the people I asked.

@willsmith said:
Looks like no controller support in Diablo 3. I get supporting multiple UIs sucks, but I won't be buying the expansion.

Then goes on to tell brad he can't play in console because he doesn't get the TV enough. Nothing like playing a PC game with a controller at your desk.

Angst

Then goes on to tell brad he can't play in console because he doesn't get the TV enough. Nothing like playing a PC game with a controller at your desk.

I do that all the time. Or, I used to, before my PC went kaputt. I also has my console connected to my desktop monitor, because of the same reason why Will can't use his tv - can't get to the tv because of Cupcake War etc :/

eznark

Banned
I like that Will is no longer able to play Diablo 3 with a mouse because his wrist isn't strong enough. Maybe he can hire the arborist to come over and control the mouse for him.

popo

I do that all the time. Or, I used to, before my PC went kaputt. I also has my console connected to my desktop monitor, because of the same reason why Will can't use his tv - can't get to the tv because of Cupcake War etc :/

Yup, I use a large second monitor and often play on that with a controller, I find my desk chair more comfortable than the couch anyway, as I don't need to lean forwards to read text etc.

Top Bottom