• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tharja, Virion (Awakening), & Draug (Shadow Dragon) Confirmed for Genei Ibun Roku #FE

JC Lately

I wish I could find a yandere girl in real life.

(And Thammy was never heard from again.)

8FAAED71-9900-4371-B733-7363F7BC2D1D_zpsfrnqks8g.jpg

Saw the scans. Love the look of the mirages and the ability to fuse (?) with them.

Is the girl an actual party member? She does have a Mirage but I wonder if you can use her?

If you do that would make 5/7 of the usable characters women. Neat.

I wonder if there are any more party members left?

kiryogi

Banned
So it turns out the assumption that the Knight we saw in the video was indeed a female mirage master!

I think its because (like myself) people thought about the absolute core of what both franchises had to offer, and created some amazing SRPG in their heads, then when revealed, got something completely different than what they expected.

How far along are we now since this announcement? Honestly this is neat take of bringing FE into a modern style.

Plus idol culture or whatever the theme is doesn't dictate it being SMT or FE. But as the above said this is about the entertainment industry in Japan from all angles based off each characters profile.

"This is why the characters are all entertainers: in Japan, similar to Greek mythology, there's the idea of the gods being connected to the arts," Takada said. "It's a shamanistic element that's been interpreted by Atlus. The idea is, Japanese priestesses would dance and the dancing would bring them closer to the gods. We wanted to spin this in an Atlus way, so all the characters in the game have some connection to the arts, and that connection and their ability to express themselves attracts the Mirages to them. People who are good at singing or dancing or acting have really strong bonds with Mirages."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-fire-emblem-shin-megami-tensei-crossover-is-pe/1100-6428306/

I mean, the justification for the theme is pretty fitting with Megaten at least.

FluxWaveZ

Nintendo Everything translated the information in Famitsu, though I can't directly link to it because of scans. I'm not sure if it was known before, but it sounds like Mirages will not only appear in the "Other World" where characters fight, but also in the "Entertainment World" (i.e. the real one) as they support characters in their daily lives.

So term roundup:
  • Idolsphere: "An alternate version of cities such as Shibuya and Harajuku where the Mirages come from."
  • Mirage: "Mysterious beings from the Idolsphere dimension that lend their power to humans. Of course, they look like Fire Emblem series’ heroes and villains."
  • Mirage Master: "Those who hold a mysterious power that allows them to utilize Mirages by summoning them."
  • Carnage Form: "When borrowing power from their Mirages, Mirage Masters change form and wear majestic suits named 'Carnage Form'."
  • Performa: One's creative energy. Those with strong Performa attract Mirages, and the Mirages drain the Performa from the Mirage Masters. Physically manifests itself in a way only other Mirage Masters and Mirages can see.

Kenai

I can see Tharja and Virion but why Draug? I mean, he's not a bad character, but he barely even got to be in cutscenes in his own game lol. Oh well, FE FE FE I'll take it all.

Top Bottom