• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tharja, Virion (Awakening), & Draug (Shadow Dragon) Confirmed for Genei Ibun Roku #FE

L.O.R.D

tumblr_inline_mpot3mdVwF1qz4rgp.png

Neoxon

They probably will. Didn't they say they were working on that at E3?

Troy Baker and The Bosch Man better be singing in this.
Troy Baker would be a bit too expensive for Nintendo Treehouse's blood. And even if they could afford to hire him, Troy's likely busy with other projects. The only reason Atlus USA still has a decent shot at hiring him is because of Troy's positive relationship with Atlus, but even then he's too busy with other AAA games & cartoons.

Hylian7

upcoming Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei collaboration RPG Genei Ibun Roku #FE.

Why do they keep saying this? The only SMT related thing we have seen so far is spells being SMT spells. Every single time I see information about this game I just get more and more disappointed by how much pandering garbage it has become. What happened to the Shin Megami Tensei part of this?!

I lost it as soon as I saw that Tiki from FE was a "singaloid"

Draxal

I would have gone Gordin and Kellam over Virion and Draug personally.

I loved Kellam's schtick personally.

Lack of love for older entries is disappointing. At least fire emblem isn't a dying franchise anymore.

They're going for the oldest one with at least 4 characters from the first game now (Kain, Tiki, Caeda, Draug).

Well, that's a little disappointing if there is only Mirage from Shadow Dragon/Awakening...

Quite. So many good characters skipped for..Virion and Draug. Like most of sahdow dragons characters, I don't have a damn clue who Draug is, and Virion is a crap character.

They likely wanted an archer from Awakening or Shadow Dragon. The only alternative from Awakening would have been Noire.

Then screw awakening. They could have had Shinon or maybe Innes if they wanted an archer. Shinon is best archer

Golnei

Then screw awakening. They could have had Shinon or maybe Innes if they wanted an archer. Shinon is best archer

Yes, ignore the cast of the most popular entries in the series in favour of characters barely anyone remembers from games that didn't sell, I'm sure that's a valid strategy.

MegaPanda

They haven't announced any FE characters outside of Archanea/Ylisse right? Gordin makes more sense for Elenora IMO. Her palette is mostly green, not blue.

-Horizon-

Troy Baker would be a bit too expensive for Nintendo Treehouse's blood. And even if they could afford to hire him, Troy's likely busy with other projects. The only reason Atlus USA still has a decent shot at hiring him is because of Troy's positive relationship with Atlus, but even then he's too busy with other AAA games & cartoons.

Don't trample on my hopes and dreams

Draxal

My boy Doga is in?!
hBGnOoU.png

All I need now is Vaike and Abel (if non-Akaneia characters do end up being in, then include Matthew and Lex) to be confirmed. Game will be GOAT then

I should clarify that Doga is Draug

Pretty sure Abel's confirmed as an enemy (trying to find out ... but can't find it now)

Blues1990

Why do they keep saying this? The only SMT related thing we have seen so far is spells being SMT spells. Every single time I see information about this game I just get more and more disappointed by how much pandering garbage it has become. What happened to the Shin Megami Tensei part of this?!

I lost it as soon as I saw that Tiki from FE was a "singaloid"

More than anything, it seems to be more of a Persona-Fire Emblem crossover. I was expecting more elements from the post-apocalyptic games in the series, such as Digital Devil Saga, where the characters can double between human and demonic forms or can recruit enemies to join your party.

I believe they said that most of the Mirages would come from either Shadow Dragon or Awakening, so I wouldn't expect many representatives from the other games besides maybe Ike & Roy.

They did say that most of the Mirages would come from those games... maybe for the sequel all the Mirages will come from Tellius =D

They've said that most will be from those games. There's even a chance that the only ones outside of those games might be enemies (we don't know if there's a way to get more mirages, outside of the actual pair of each character) or tied to the Amiibo (it's very suspicious that there aren't Marth and Lucina mirages so far).
That fucking sucks.

Hylian7

More than anything, it seems to be more of a Persona-Fire Emblem crossover. I was expecting more elements from the post-apocalyptic games in the series, such as Digital Devil Saga, where the characters can double between human and demonic forms or can recruit enemies to join your party.
And that's the most frustrating thing about it. We were promised SMT crossed with FE, not Persona. Persona is not Shin Megami Tensei and it is frustrating to see Atlus ignore the franchise that brought them up to where they are today ignored for more pandering Persona spinoffs!

At least, the actual Persona games had the SMT demons in it somehow, while we have yet to see a single SMT demon in this game! This has literally nothing to do with SMT.

Blues1990

And that's the most frustrating thing about it. We were promised SMT crossed with FE, not Persona. Persona is not Shin Megami Tensei and it is frustrating to see Atlus ignore the franchise that brought them up to where they are today ignored for more pandering Persona spinoffs!

At least, the actual Persona games had the SMT demons in it somehow, while we have yet to see a single SMT demon in this game! This has literally nothing to do with SMT.

Yeah, it's aggravating that I'm hating the execution of what I've seen so far, as the concept of this crossover is too perfect to not go to waste. I'll express that I like the Persona series just fine, but the reveal was (and still is) completely misleading in every respect. If they said outright that it was a crossover with the Persona series, then fine.

Overside

Banned
Well, its no surprise Tharjas grumpy bouyant ass made it in.

Buy why Virion? And why only awakening and shadow dragon? Not that it matters as the game has clearly shown it has nothing to offer me but cringes.

But even from awakening there is so much better. Like Gerome. Who I never got around to using but still must be better than Virion. I mean, hes a wonderful one who rides around on a fucking dragon. The cool kind, that roars and destroys buildings and shit, not the kind that turns into an 8 year old in a strippers string bikini.

Can't wait for this game, everything from the announcement trailer to the gameplay demo has gotten me pumped!!

All I'm waiting for now is Donnel and Kellum to be in.

I can just picture a quiet shy person having dinner as his performa, would be awesome

SephLuis

#FE is one of my most awaited games for next year and I do hope that the japanese impressions when it launches this holiday will be good.

This came in such a way no one expected, that I am actually happy of it.

NeonZ

Yeah, it's aggravating that I'm hating the execution of what I've seen so far, as the concept of this crossover is too perfect to not go to waste. I'll express that I like the Persona series just fine, but the reveal was (and still is) completely misleading in every respect. If they said outright that it was a crossover with the Persona series, then fine.

The actual final title does use "Ibunroku", like the first Persona and Devil Survivor games, although it's not even "Megami Ibunroku", unlike those two, probably because it doesn't use SMT demons.

Granteed

Banned
It's really weird to see people still agonizing over the miscommunication from that old teaser. It was made before literally any work on the game had started, and once it did start, it was decided to be a collaborative project rather than a crossover as people had assumed. This resulted in a new IP that isn't directly related to either FE or MegaTen, but contains references to both.

SephLuis

The actual final title does use "Ibunroku", like the first Persona and Devil Survivor games, although it's not even "Megami Ibunroku", unlike those two, probably because it doesn't use SMT demons.

Never knew that Devil Survivor also used Ibunroku.

Also, was there any footage against regular enemies ? I remember only seeing boss fights so far, so perhaps the "demons" might be regular enemies ?

It's really weird to see people still agonizing over the miscommunication from that old teaser. It was made before literally any work on the game had started, and once it did start, it was decided to be a collaborative project rather than a crossover as people had assumed. This resulted in a new IP that isn't directly related to either FE or MegaTen, but contains references to both.

Yeah, and I think a getting a new IP is better than a straight-up crossover.

Astral Dog

Im not sure about this, Chrom looks...strange, barely recognizable, i almost forgot he is a character in the game.

But we would have to wait and see.

Top Bottom