• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 73rd Annual Golden Globes |OT| Episode MMXVI: Return of the Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
wait, tom hardy wasnt even a nominee for support actor in revenant? Madness!

Glad for Mr Robot. Hoped for Rami to get an award as well.

ZeroX03

Banned
On principle, I don't follow comedy shows live unless they are grandfathered in like The Big Bang Theory and The Simpsons. I just don't seem to get enjoyment out of them in a week to week context.

Interesting approach. I'm the opposite. I try and avoid doing dramas weekly because they're a much bigger commitment of attention. Unless they're too hype not to watch weekly, and you know what I mean.

Lunar FC

Didn't watch the show and just saw the results now.

1. Why the fuck in The Martian in musical / comedy section. Did all the jokes fall flat for me because I had read the book? Still weird.

2. Fargo is still a miniseries? There is already a confirmed third season. And idk wtf even won that category

Alright, those are the only two things I cared about.

Joni

Didn't watch the show and just saw the results now.

1. Why the fuck in The Martian in musical / comedy section. Did all the jokes fall flat for me because I had read the book? Still weird.

2. Fargo is still a miniseries? There is already a confirmed third season. And idk wtf even won that category

Alright, those are the only two things I cared about.

Miniseries also counts short anthology shows like Fargo, American Crime and American Horror Story.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Brie Larson nabbing Best Actress is how I was expecting the cookie to crumble, so as much as I would have liked to have seen Saoirse nab it, I can't exactly say I'm disappointed.

Jzero

Everyone is posting the shitty gif. This one is better:

LbYKJJi.gif

cyba89

So did Lady Gaga really deserved to win over Kirsten Dunst? Have not seen the current season of AHS yet because the last two were so bad. I remember her acting was bad in Machete Kills.

CFMOORE!

So did Lady Gaga really deserved to win over Kirsten Dunst? Have not seen the current season of AHS yet because the last two were so bad. I remember her acting was bad in Machete Kills.

only seen both episodes one of AHS Hotel and Fargo S2, Dunst was SUPER robbed just off that first episode.

Carbonox

Is there a proper highlights video of the show anywhere yet (if they ever do one)? I can find little clips here and there but nothing summarizing just the clips of each win for example.

Huffman was also pretty good, and deserved to win (if not that she already won once). Gaga is pretty terrible and flat in AHS: Hotel, to be honest.

nilbog21

Banned
I'm really having a hard time trying to understand how people can shit on Inarritu's work in the day and age of movies we live in. I must be missing out on some stuff...

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
I'm really having a hard time trying to understand how people can shit on Inarritu's work in the day and age of movies we live in. I must be missing out on some stuff...

exactly.
lets have some more totally bland and forgettable marvel films people.

Ridley327

I think that's more likely than you think. I can already think of at least 10 films I'd put above The Revenant for 2015, and I'm not even done with my big January catch-up for the previous year.

As I said in the Movies You've Seen thread, I absolutely will not deny that Iñárritu is a talented filmmaker, but I really do wish he was able to rein in his worst tendencies, as his films tend to carpet bomb you with their self-importance for way too long. Maybe he needs to stop writing his own material, maybe he needs to get with a producer who is willing to tell him "no" more often, maybe he needs a very aggressive editor at his side (though who doesn't these days, yuk yuk), or maybe it's something else entirely that he needs.

BumRush

I think that's more likely than you think. I can already think of at least 10 films I'd put above The Revenant for 2015, and I'm not even done with my big January catch-up for the previous year.

As I said in the Movies You've Seen thread, I absolutely will not deny that Iñárritu is a talented filmmaker, but I really do wish he was able to rein in his worst tendencies, as his films tend to carpet bomb you with their self-importance for way too long. Maybe he needs to stop writing his own material, maybe he needs to get with a producer who is willing to tell him "no" more often, maybe he needs a very aggressive editor at his side (though who doesn't these days, yuk yuk), or maybe it's something else entirely that he needs.

And when you post your 10+ movies better than Revenant, people will disagree with them. That's what opinions are though. Fact of the matter is that Revenant is a good film that had an incredibly difficult shoot (weather-wise) which will show up well for judges since it shows dedication, struggle, etc. It might not win BP at the academies (spotlight?) but it's deserving and Inarritu is as well.

Ridley327

Let's hear it

Off the top of my head, I much preferred Girlhood, The Duke of Burgundy, What We Do in the Shadows, World of Tomorrow, Mad Max: Fury Road, Sicario, Phoenix, Tangerine, The Hateful Eight, Bone Tomahawk and Hard to be a God. Now that I think about it, there's probably at least five more than that, but I need to keep on catching up before I actually make a final list for when that thread goes up later this week.

I think of the GGs as nearly as much of a joke as the Teen Choice awards so I don't really follow it, but if nothing else this informed me that Morricone scored the Hateful Eight, which is literally the first interesting thing I've heard about the film

Ridley327

I think of the GGs as nearly as much of a joke as the Teen Choice awards so I don't really follow it, but if nothing else this informed me that Morricone scored the Hateful Eight, which is literally the first interesting thing I've heard about the film
It's a fantastic score, too. Though it's for a western, it recalls more of his giallo work in the 70s.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Did she do a song or something? Why would she be nominated?

The critically acclaimed with a social message song Til It Happens To You.

Gaga dominated 2015 and 2016 is already hers with a new album coming and her impending Oscar. Her haters have already holed up in their caves.

c3gzecK.gif

Even more amazing, part of the profits of this song were donated to organizations helping survivors of sexual assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom