• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks more like OP's tv has its "motionflow" or "smoothing" effect on, which explains why all of his movements appear sk exaggerated. It also makes any sort of normal framer ate seem janky. I don't know if this case, or maybe OP simply can aim and walk like a person, only a fucking a Rob Co product.

Thanks for this post. Every other game runs fine.

def sim

I'll just never go inside a building or house.

Also, who uses scopes anyway? I no scope on the reg.
b1coolrhsir.png

Sjefen

I thought the first video was bad, but that scope video was just awful....lets hope Bethesda patch it up fast or at least aknowledge the problem with a promise of a patch

fastmower

To me, it just seems like a bunch of people complaining about stuff that really doesn't matter all that much. Obviously they've worked hard on this game, and if it were that simple to just completely wipe out any frame-rate drops using their current engine, then I'm sure they would have done it.

I'm still quite excited to play this game. I really enjoy the story, setting, and gameplay of the previous Fallout games, and they gave me some of my most memorable gaming experiences to date, regardless of frame-rate drops.

Like most instances in my life, I choose to focus on the most positive aspects of each experience I encounter - and this is no different.

For now, and until the launch of Fallout 4, I will go back to reading my books, spending time with my friends, co-workers, and family, going to school, doing the things I love (all of which have occasional consistency problems :D ), but that I will enjoy nonetheless.

For those of you who will be playing Fallout 4 on launch, good luck in the wasteland! Don't let the vault door hit you on the way out!

Hey look! A normal, level-headed person!

Let's get 'em boys!

just to clarify ... ps4 + day-1 patch obviously

to be fair... it wasn't that bad for me very often. there were other outdoor-sniping-fights where the framerate remained relatively stable.
also i didn't encountered many of those indoor-drops kenzo mentioned.

though i must say, that the game does not feel like a smooth experience in general, unfortunately... and looking at the kinda dated visuals, it's really a little mindblowing the game doesn't run better... i really hope some of this stuff gets patched out in the future.

but i also want to add that the game is a lot of fun and i see myself putting in a lot of hours... hopefully with a better performance in the future =/

That really doesn't sound like a big deal and is par for the course from what I gather with open world games on consoles. When these systems are struggling to do games like the Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Assassins Creed Syndicate at 900p/1080p 30FPS with most detail settings at the PC equivalent of low/medium I don't really get why people are surprised. I think it's only going to get worse as the generation goes on. On the flip side, you also have people complaining about the sacrifices to get Halo 5 to 60fps. People really need to wake up and realize both the Xbox One and PS4 are under powered. I honestly can't see them lasting much more than 5-6 years on the market.

Nazo

Watched the scope video. Can't say I'm surprised really. I don't think it should bother me too much since I'm already used to playing the console versions of Bethesda games. Really hope they address this in a patch down the line.

Syntsui

Keep preordering/buying blindly Bethesda games brehs, this is your fault only. They never ship games without some serious problems that are only solved after weeks, if not months.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Some people seem to be completely oblivious of the fact that "constant complaining" about legitimate grievances is making products (or at least how the companies deal with broken products) better in the end all the time.

I'm watching a stream of this game and OMG, the guy just entered a building then the framerate started to drop in certains areas, horrible.

It's open world game with interactivity and customization. You can't say that at all

They've given me no reason not to say this when similar games can and do run better while open world that look either better or worst. They need to spend more time optimizing titles. ESPECIALLY if we get any reports of the xbox one version running better.

They CAN do better and they've actively said on twitter it's a 'constant 30 fps you'll be pleased'. Which is now bullshit.

samn

That really doesn't sound like a big deal and is par for the course from what I gather with open world games on consoles. When these systems are struggling to do games like the Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Assassins Creed Syndicate at 900p/1080p 30FPS with most detail settings at the PC equivalent of low/medium I don't really get why people are surprised. I think it's only going to get worse as the generation goes on. On the flip side, you also have people complaining about the sacrifices to get Halo 5 to 60fps. People really need to wake up and realize both the Xbox One and PS4 are under powered. I honestly can't see them lasting much more than 5-6 years on the market.

Devs make a CHOICE to give the consoles more than they can handle, resulting in these poor framerates.

The consoles could be five times as powerful and games would still have crappy performance because the devs would ride them too hard and then fail to optimise.

MGS 5 was open world, 60fps and largely flawlessly performed on consoles.

zelas

Sigh. I was already concerned when people were saying this game was more Fallout 3 than New Vegas. I'm definitely cancelling now.

FPS doesn't look that bad. I did however completely get sidetracked reading the comments then clicking on the "Neofag" link. What the hell!? lol.

Why are people surprised? It's Bethesda. Their releases are hot piles of steaming bug shit for some weeks after the launch. Buy the GOTY version to get most out of them.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
While I'm unsurprised that the game struggles under it's own weight at times on the console, I'm far more unsurprised that NeoGAF is extrapolating 2 minutes of footage to damn an entire game experience. Amazing stuff as always.

Oh and if you actually cancelled your pre-order on the PS4 because of either of those videos - you're either the most reactionary person in the world, or lying for effect. Because the alternative is just too awful to think about.

kuroshiki

just saw op video.

I.... really don't see what is the big deal here? Looks definitely playable and didn't bother me at all.

The clip of aiming down sights looked pretty rough but the indoors section looked fine to me?

I'm used to playing csgo and bf4 at 120fps so I know a smooth framerate and this isn't it, but it seemed fine to play.

Frame drops to the single digits... Bethesda's living up to their reputation, unfortunately. If this is how the PS4 version runs I can only imagine the state of the Xbone version. Pre-ordering this is starting to feel like a mistake :/

BobLoblaw

Banned
Reason number #23 why you should never buy a Bethesda game on release date. I always try to hold out at least 6 months afterwards for patches and mods. In this case, all I can say is wait and hope it gets patched.

evilr

Banned
I'm watching a stream of this game and OMG, the guy just entered a building then the framerate started to drop in certains areas, horrible.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda straight up ported the game on PS4. Either as part of the Microsoft deal or because of the history between them and PS3, I don't know.

And what if those reviewers didn't experience what was in the OP? Or it didn't hinder their enjoyment of the game? The review could possibly mention occasional dips in FR which isn't shocking in an open world game.

But if it didn't tarnish their enjoyment it'll review well. I can't wait to see if this game DOES review well and see how people react.

If reviewers were given Xbox One copies then I doubt the will experience bugs like this, If what I am seeing in Youtube videos didn't hinder their enjoyment of the game I don't know what will? Occasional dips are okay if the game is technically good, so far this game doesn't look its as good as other open-world games this generation.

orochi91

Ugly and performs like shit.

Wish reviewers would take Bethesda to task over this, that company can't keep getting away with releasing incomplete games like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom