• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

Yes, assless chaps. What a REVELATION.

tumblr_ls1m4atkUf1qd85b5o1_r1_500.gif

botty

Banned
What happened to Dirrty is so strange, because it was such a popular song. It got WORN OUT on LA urban radio, and even years later when I moved to Pittsburgh for school, very few songs got people on the dance floor the same way Dirrty did. So when I started getting more into music I was shocked to learn that it didn't chart as well as it seemed to.

Well Christina has some haters in the industry, due to jealousy. So who knows what type of foul play has been going on behind the scenes. I too remember that song being popular, and it should have been bigger here.

Mau ®

You know that Beiber album starts off real solid. Too bad it delves into boring ass midtempos by the fifth song and never truly recovers.

As Long As You Love me is GREAT.

Kyon

Banned
Hell yeah, BLACKOUT deserves it

still wish Toy Soldier would've been a single

it would've flopped hun lol

AWAITING ITZ to go in that thread and do JUSTICE to RiHALLAH

teehee

I see people mentioning Nicole Scherzinger and Keri Hilson in that thread. Terrible!

STILL trying to figure out whew they are tbh

You were flawless

ibjfShjNPR4ehX.gif

Britney does look very hot lately, though.

the fact that she's not doing her own eye make up this time around is certainly PROGRESS from the MESS that was her Engagement party.

Koodo

Banned
Check it
Here's something I just can't understand
If a guy have three girls then he's the man
He can even give us some head and sex her raw
If the girl do the same, then she's a whore

But the table's about to turn
I'll bet my fame on it
Cats take my ideas and put they name on it
It's aight though, you can't hold me down
I got to keep on moving

To all my girls with a man who be trying to mack
Do it right back to him and let that be that
You need to let him know that his game is whack
And Lil' Kim and Christina Aguilera got your back
I'll bet my fame on it

Poor Lil Kim.

VaMUK.gif

botty

Banned
There's a laundry list of reasons why Keri Hilson is lame...but I think she's pretty...when she tries...

mO2Ss.jpg

In the right light, Keri can "appear" pretty. However, if you take off her mask, she really isn't that good looking. I'm pretty sure she has a lazy eye too.

Koodo

Banned
POSTSCRIPT:

The next of kin for OT2 was already chosen before this thread was even posted.

And Garbaj will always be paid DUST until she takes a doze of Thorazine and settles with one personality. The child's current state makes her unfit for either POP or HOP GAF.

The OP image is actually kind of depressing, when you think about their careers and where some of them should be relative to where they are in the biz.

royalan

The OT image needs much less Bjork and La Roux.

Also, I propose a "Buzz" section. The "Relevant Albums" section is starting to look a bit dated since a lot of the year's biggest anticipated Pop albums (Christina, Mariah, Leona, No Doubt, Ke$ha, etc) are still a ways off and there's only speculation and the occasional youtube clip.

Best thing about the OP is that stank tiny-ass picture of Perra
ymtdmr8m85.gif

Katy Perry is no where to be found in the OP except that one tiny picture.
Where that bitch belongs, shes lucky Koodo even gave her a spot next to Xtina

ny.gif

Guess Robyn and Bjork shouldnt even be in there at all if thats the case

75b5c38c.gif

I MEANT that some of the less good "stars" have big pictures (Rih, Britney ;) ) and some of the good ones have smaller pictures.

But also yeah, what Second said. Björk and Robyn are there for their careers, not their chart success. And Björk in particular has had some influence on modern pop—something many of the women in the OP would no doubt agree with.

Trigger

Whoever maintains the OP should definitely keep it current though. A lot of new suggestions and artists were made, and they tend to disappear into the Sea of GIFs.

Yeah, because Robyn, Janelle or Bjork made an impact with their WHOLE discography.

NOT

Don't get me started. I guess the next OT will only have an Adele photo then.

ewBhF.gif

365kH.gif

Relax. I'm sure Bey will absolutely slay on her next album.

Koodo

Banned
Also, I propose a "Buzz" section. The "Relevant Albums" section is starting to look a bit dated since a lot of the year's biggest anticipated Pop albums (Christina, Mariah, Leona, No Doubt, Ke$ha, etc) are still a ways off and there's only speculation and the occasional youtube clip.
The albums section will stay since it looks nice, but I've been thinking of removing the Singles section for something that relies entirely on user-input rather than charting prospects (so a "Buzz" section, like you said). This will round up all the new music that gets mentioned here.

P.S. suggestions need to be made OP-FRIENDLY. It needs to be CLEARLY STATED if any of you want your suggestion to appear in the OP, and it needs to be written in a ready-to-post format:

Artist - Song Name (with media link embedded) - Miscellaneous Information (optional; link bank to user post)

And the LIVE PERFORMANCES section (which never took off) will be scrapped entirely. It's pointless now with the inclusion of the ARCHIVES which are often full of live performances.

Who gets the honor of making the next banner?
The OP or an exceptionally good artiste.

The banner needs to be the MAGNUM OPUS of whoever is making it. *.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom