• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
omg

552458_10151105135537812_999129456_n.jpg

ahh.gif
ahh.gif

Mau ®

Concerned #Navy is not real navy. She's been on perma-vacation for most of 2012 lol. She's finally back on a more structures schedule with the album sessions, festival performances and the next tour.

EDIT: LMFAO at that Fist review

royalan

Eh, I think she runs the risk of diluting her brand.

Not only that, but coming out with so many albums so soon (and keeping the radio waves flooded with songs all the while) leaves very little room for artistic growth/evolution, and thus she risks associating herself so strongly with an era that when said era inevitably plays itself out, so will she (i.e. Olivia Newton John with the 80s, Donna Summer with Disco).

She's gotta give people some time to miss her, because right now I feel like all it would take is a huge shift in popular music to make her seem irrevocably stale and played out.

Mau ®

Not only that, but coming out with so many albums so soon (and keeping the radio waves flooded with songs all the while) leaves very little room for artistic growth/evolution, and thus she risks associating herself so strongly with an era that when said era inevitably plays itself out, so will she (i.e. Olivia Newton John with the 80s, Donna Summer with Disco).

She's gotta give people some time to miss her, because right now I feel like all it would take is a huge shift in popular music to make her seem irrevocably stale and played out.

Um Rihanna has had many eras and many looks throughout them. And she has done plenty styles of music too.

Also, if there is HUGE SHIFT in music, she has a MUCH FASTER response time to this than any other pop star. If her album flops, she'll just bring out another one. It's not a big deal from what I can see.

I CAN'T at that RTW and BR image...

Also, listening to Rhenna's 'Talk That Talk' song rn, and I ask, why wasn't this a hit? It's quite good.

Mau ®

I CAN'T at that RTW and BR image...

Also, listening to Rhenna's 'Talk That Talk' song rn, and I ask, why wasn't this a hit? It's quite good.

No promo. No video. And it was only sent to urban radio since We Found Love was dominating everything else at the time.

Koodo

Banned
Angelina Jolie wants her children to have good taste:

ONTD said:
Angelina Jolie has reportedly stopped her children from listening to Rihanna's music.

The mother-of-six was so concerned after overhearing her kids singing the raunchy lyrics recently that she put her foot down.

Star magazine claims that eight-year-old Pax and Zahara, seven, are particular fans of the R&B singer's catchy tunes.

But apparently when Pax started singing the expletive-laden words to one of Rihanna's hits, Angelina knew she had to take action.

"Pax was singing the lyrics to Birthday Cake and laughing hysterically at the curse words," an insider told the publication.

Angelina, who is raising her brood with fiancé Brad Pitt, immediately put parental blocks on the music. She is also believed to be keeping an eye on the sites they browse and their Spotify playlists.

"Angie grew up pretty fast and she wants her kids to avoid that same mistake," the source added.
Source

Bless.

ibryHjdmI5MyIv.gif

Nemesis_

Florence + The Machine have scored their first ever #1 single in the UK.

Florence And The Machine have recorded their first ever No. 1 single with Spectrum (Say My Name) - thanks largely to sales of Calvin Harris's remix.

The group have enjoyed two Number 1 albums - 2009’s Lungs and last year’s Ceremonials - whilst their highest charting single to date was 2009’s You’ve Got The Love, which reached Number 5, and in 2010 a reworking by Dizzee Rascal, entitled You Got The Dirtee Love, reached Number 2.

Last week’s No.1, Payphone by Maroon 5 falls one place, while Will.I.Am holds at No. 3 with This Is Love.

Chris Brown’s Don’t Wake Me Up drops two places to No. 4, whilst Stooshe's Black Heart is at No.5.

In addition to Florence And The Machine’s Spectrum (Say My Name) (Number 1), there are just two other new entries on today’s Official Singles Chart.

Adam Lambert's latest single Never Close Our Eyes debuts at No. 17 while The Vaccines are new at No. 37 with No Hope.

Rizzle Kicks are this week’s highest climbers with Mama Do The Hump up 23 places to re-enter the Official Singles Chart Top 40 at Number 33, while David Guetta’s I Can Only Imagine FT Lil Wayne and Chris Brown is up 22 places to Number 21.

The Official Singles Chart Top 5::

1 SPECTRUM FLORENCE & THE MACHINE

2 PAYPHONE MAROON 5 FT WIZ KHALIFA

3 THIS IS LOVE WILL I AM FT EVA SIMONS

4 DON'T WAKE ME UP CHRIS BROWN

5 BLACK HEART STOOSHE

Pretty DISAPPOINTING of the UK to not propel her HIGHER much SOONER tbh.

http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1050392&c=1

But I am happy for her ^_^

50IAl.gif

Nemesis_

yyjZ0.jpg

AMAZING

Really happy for her! Finally getting the chart success she deserved.

It should have been Shake It Out

No way, I haven't heard much of Spectrum but I hate Shake It Out ;_;

Interesting because this commemorates the day I PURCHASED Ceremonials ;_;

Trigger

It's always bizarre to look at Angelina now and remember that this was Billy Bob Thornton's crazy ex who made out with her brother and carried a vial of blood with her. She's like a new person now. There maybe hope for Rihanna after all.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
It's always bizarre to look at Angelina now and remember that this was Billy Bob Thornton's crazy ex who made out with her brother and carried a vial of blood with her. She's like a new person now. There maybe hope for Rihanna after all.

Well first Angelina straighten out because she got Brad peen and she was hot enough to attract him, Rihanna could never attract that kind of peen

Bladenic

Lol at that Beyonce/Queen comparison. And lol at all those stars covers. LOL and so true at the Fortune review. Lol? at Rihanna with new material yearly again.

devilru

Neo Member
this thread moves fast, also lol @ 'Down Syndrome Drama'

P!nk's new song is no.1 in Australia cause we'll eat anything she shits out, her last 2 albums went 11xPlatinum meanwhile Kelly's What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger) peaked at a pathetic #17 :(

At least we're not as Rihanna hungry as the UK though...

Nemesis_

this thread moves fast, also lol @ 'Down Syndrome Drama'

P!nk's new song is no.1 in Australia cause we'll eat anything she shits out, her last 2 albums went 11xPlatinum meanwhile Kelly's What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger) peaked at a pathetic #17 :(

Well sis she did 50something tour dates here, probably part of the reason.

I can't stand her tbh

Mau ®

It is my stan dream she will find ENGLIGHTMENT and save Africa or some no1curr region *.*

And continue releasing yearly albums

Well first Angelina straighten out because she got Brad peen and she was hot enough to attract him, Rihanna could never attract that kind of peen

She straightened out before Brad tho.

Koodo

Banned
TRULY. I wonder if London will be shameless enough to put her in the Opening Ceremony.

Telegraph said:
The main stadium will be transformed into a meadow, with landscaped real grass laid over the infield and a game of cricket unfolding in one corner. The theatrical maxim of not working with children or animals will be thoroughly ignored, as 12 horses, three cows, two goats, 10 chickens, 10 ducks, nine geese, 70 sheep and three sheep dogs feature in the opening scene.

Koodo

Banned
Telegraph said:
The main stadium will be transformed into a meadow, with landscaped real grass laid over the infield and a game of cricket unfolding in one corner. The theatrical maxim of not working with children or animals will be thoroughly ignored, as 12 horses, three cows, two goats, 10 chickens, 10 ducks, nine geese, 70 sheep and three sheep dogs feature in the opening scene.
ikk6Sk5q5USl3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom