• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GiantBomb Quick Look Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gowans

DAMN IT!!!!

yeah I missed a code too.

Anyone who is awesome and wants to PM me a code please do so.

PS: anyone putting together a Beta thread so we can join up?

Arucardo

Looks like I completely missed the beta codes event :lol maybe someone is feeling generous or has an extra one to send me :D .

The Pheonix Wright wiiware quick look was awesome, the copy/paste of the DS game is a bit disappointing tho.

watership

It really bugged me when they were in the first ship missions but were not using full impulse. Moreso because I did the same mistake and didn't realize it until I hit the button on top of the speed bar hours later. :lol

LidXMeWZi.jpg

I think I'm done with this beta now.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
watership said:
It really bugged me when they were in the first ship missions but were not using full impulse. Moreso because I did the same mistake and didn't realize it until I hit the button on top of the speed bar hours later. :lol
I saw the other ship fly a lot faster.

Sometimes I shake my head at the GB crew.

Ten-Song

EmCeeGramr said:
Phantasy Star 0 (DS)

The first DS Quick Look!

edit: wait, ps0 came out back in november? geez, I don't remember hearing about it at all

Well... looks like a Phantasy Star Online game. I can't imagine the internet play being very great with it being on a Nintendo system... but if it doesn't have a monthly fee I guess that kind of defaults it to being the best Phantasy Star game to come out in quite some time.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I realize it is probably way too late, but if anyone has a Star Trek beta key they don't want I would greatly appreciate it! PM me please.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
EmCeeGramr said:
Phantasy Star 0 (DS)

The first DS Quick Look!

edit: wait, ps0 came out back in november? geez, I don't remember hearing about it at all
Dear Giantbomb,

Please fix your DS quicklooks. I know the DS's setup makes it difficult with your video player and all but at the very least you can make sure that your faux DS screens are the same resolution of the actual DS screens. That way the video wouldn't be horrible and the text unreadable.

Sincerely,
A Concerned Citizen

Tamanon

Banned
watership said:

They don't tell you about Full Impulse until the next ship missions after where they're at now.

EmCeeGramr said:

Yeah, Sega was super quiet about it. I don't even think some outlets even got review copies. There's only ten reviews up for it on Metacritic. I'm kind of shocked I ended up getting a review copy.

RBH

This is kind of random and a bit late, but I just watched the quick look for Story Hour: Adventures for the first time.

OMG, that was amazing! :lol :lol

1199223-motivator58043d30993af8f4e5d04972ddde47f5aafe1518_super.jpg

1199196-jeff_vs_cowjeff_super.png

Xater

grandjedi6 said:
Dear Giantbomb,

Please fix your DS quicklooks. I know the DS's setup makes it difficult with your video player and all but at the very least you can make sure that your faux DS screens are the same resolution of the actual DS screens. That way the video wouldn't be horrible and the text unreadable.

Sincerely,
A Concerned Citizen

I second this.

LiK

I finally saw the Ace Attorney one. That was so great. I want an Endurance one with Ryan and Vinny. Their reactions were great.

LCfiner

HamPster PamPster said:
Where does "Set Phasers to Fun" come from?

I know its from somewhere but I can't remember and its bugging me. Some simpsons episode I'm guessing

I just thought they made it up themselves from the "set phasers to stun" phrase used so often.

but, no doubt it's been used before.

RotBot

HamPster PamPster said:
Where does "Set Phasers to Fun" come from?

I know its from somewhere but I can't remember and its bugging me. Some simpsons episode I'm guessing
It was a slogan for the Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con on the Simpsons, but I'm sure the phrase predates that.

Edit: It was "set phasers on fun", which more accurately reflects what I think is the actual Star Trek quote "set phasers on stun", though it could be apocryphal since I couldn't find a reference to where it was ever uttered canonically.

LiK said:
I finally saw the Ace Attorney one. That was so great. I want an Endurance one with Ryan and Vinny. Their reactions were great.

As much as I'd like a Phoenix Wright Endurance Run, it wouldn't actually require much endurance to complete it and would entirely obliterate the concept of playing the PW games yourself, because it's so heavily focused on its story. If you already know how the story ends, there's no point in playing it.

It doesn't really take much "endurance" to complete a Phoenix Wright game either, unlike a 100+ hour JRPG.

I think people should stop trying to force the next endurance run. The cool thing about GB is things happen naturally, that's how it should remain. If they find a suitable game, they'll run it.

Minamu

I just watched the noby noby boy QL :lol Even though I've 100%'d that trophy list, I laughed so hard at them :D Maybe I'm just too tired :(

LiK

Endurance or not, I want them to play through PW with commentary. I watch them as if they're MST3K. The investigation sections would be pretty entertaining.

I don't see why we can't hope for one. It's not like they take requests :lol

You can hope all you want, I didn't mean to sound like an ass if I did. :) It just seems like nearly every game GB touches these days, there's a comment here or on their site about how it should be an endurance run. Just a bit grating, I guess.

LiK

Foliorum Viridum said:
You can hope all you want, I didn't mean to sound like an ass if I did. :) It just seems like nearly every game GB touches these days, there's a comment here or on their site about how it should be an endurance run. Just a bit grating, I guess.
Yes, I hope it's grating enough that the GB guys will finally break down and do an Endurance Run for another game. At this rate, I'll take ANY game! :lol

btw, it's cool :)

panda21

oh wow you can play the demo online, i think its flash or something

the second level in the demo has to be seen, its just... your brain will melt (different that stuff in the ql)

arrrrrrrrrrrrgh at brad canceling out of making a cool new ship in star trek because he thought it was gonna cost money even though vinny and dave were both pointing out it was free

the only thing worse than a gb duder making a dumb obvious mistake during an endurance run or quick look, is when one of the others notices and tells them to not do it but they end up doing it anyway

aka, the persona 4 "just let vinny decide the dialogue options jeff, you apparently can't make jrpg friends" effect

EmCeeGramr said:
arrrrrrrrrrrrgh at brad canceling out of making a cool new ship in star trek because he thought it was gonna cost money even though vinny and dave were both pointing out it was free

the only thing worse than a gb duder making a dumb obvious mistake during an endurance run or quick look, is when one of the others notices and tells them to not do it but they end up doing it anyway

aka, the persona 4 "just let vinny decide the dialogue options jeff, you apparently can't make jrpg friends" effect
Watching them play the beta has convinced me that Brad just hates fun. I mean, how can you not go for the Leg Sweep?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Keyser Soze said:
Star Trek Online Beta: Set Phasers to Fun - Part 03

edit - She cant do it captain, she don't have the power (the video is still loading it seems)

I don't know whether Brad tries to generate some kind of drama during quick looks or if he's just the most indecisive person on the planet, but it would be maddening to sit in the same room as him playing some of these. Every time there's a choice, he suddenly becomes unable to do anything at all. Since he just got into Fallout 3, I'm all for a 300 hour endurance run consisting of nothing but Brad trying to decide whether to save or annihilate Megaton.

Mkliner

EmCeeGramr said:

I like to think of it as the "cast bufu" effect

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Archaix said:
I don't know whether Brad tries to generate some kind of drama during quick looks or if he's just the most indecisive person on the planet, but it would be maddening to sit in the same room as him playing some of these. Every time there's a choice, he suddenly becomes unable to do anything at all. Since he just got into Fallout 3, I'm all for a 300 hour endurance run consisting of nothing but Brad trying to decide whether to save or annihilate Megaton.

Sorry, I saved it as soon as my Explosives skill was high enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom