• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GiantBomb Quick Look Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda21

two hours and twelve minutes (ish) until first death? this must be some kind of record

this star trek stuff is really cool hope they can keep it going for a while

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
rudds said:
Sorry, I saved it as soon as my Explosives skill was high enough.

That is completely abandoning the rules and spirit of my hypothetical endurance run joke. I'm disappointed in you.

panda21

this raises some interesting questions.

in a multipart scenario, be it endurance run or otherwise, is time to brad measured from the start of each episode, or from the very beginning of the series of videos?

Hugbot

panda21 said:
this raises some interesting questions.

in a multipart scenario, be it endurance run or otherwise, is time to brad measured from the start of each episode, or from the very beginning of the series of videos?

There are two statistics,

OTB: Overall Time to Brad - Measured from the beginning of the series, and
ITB: Individual Time to Brad - Once Brad status is achieved, this designates the amount of time you'll anticipate Brad in any given episode.

Episodes in which Brad is absent, during the initial OTB phase or even after the series has "gone Brad" are referred to as having a BFZ, or Brad Factor Zero.

Also, the Star Trek series is pretty amazing, and I'm having a lot of fun watching it. I made the mistake of trying the beta, though, which was significantly less fun.

LiK

Gotta say that I really don't enjoy their QL EX. when the devs are there, they need to be polite and not tell us what they really think. Meh indeed

panda21

Hugbot said:
There are two statistics,

OTB: Overall Time to Brad - Measured from the beginning of the series, and
ITB: Individual Time to Brad - Once Brad status is achieved, this designates the amount of time you'll anticipate Brad in any given episode.

this means that in this series they have (as far as i know) boldly achieved both the longest OTB and shortest ITB.

this gives a shoemaker coefficient (max(OTB)/min(ITB)) of 440

I don't mean to be rude but I think if I were a publisher I'd be pretty angry to get a Brad quicklook. Death By Cube looks interesting to me in spite of that quicklook. It's great if Brad is on these but for the love of god if it's a single player game don't give him the controls.

Zzoram

Could someone please spend a minute teaching the GiantBomb guys the basics of power management like not to full impulse directly into battle?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Zzoram said:
Could someone please spend a minute teaching the GiantBomb guys the basics of power management like not to full impulse directly into battle?

Brad is convinced that full impulse is the only way he can turn fast.

Zzoram

firehawk12 said:
Brad is convinced that full impulse is the only way he can turn fast.

And someone should tell him he's wrong. Half speed lets you turn sharper and keep facing the same side of an enemy ship longer. Also, yes those numbers beside the Journal missions is a rank recommendation. He was lvl 4, went to PJem, went full impulse into a group of enemies, always locked onto the Negh'Var first, and died in 10 seconds to BoP focus fire. I used to do that, until I realized that you can kill the BoP way faster, and that it's smart to do that to reduce the enemy group's DPS. Someone should tell them to do that.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Haunted said:
That actually didn't look so bad. XBLA exclusive?

Although they took a damn long time to figure shit out I did just by watching. Sometimes I wonder whether they're just acting that way for our amusement. Delectare and all that.
You are not so perceptive yourself, ;-) it was said in the quick look that it will come to XBLA, PSN & PC. (The latter with some delay.)

Haunted

bandresen said:
You are not so perceptive yourself, ;-) it was said in the quick look that it will come to XBLA, PSN & PC. (The latter with some delay.)
Ah, cool. I guess I was too focused on the intense shooting action to notice! :p

Watching the star trek online playthrough videos.

Man, Vinny used to be this shy quiet guy on podcasts. Now he is the guy won't shut up!

Rlan

Actually Death By Cube is XBLA only for the moment at least. It's Greed Corp that's coming to XBLA, PSN and PC.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Rlan said:
Actually Death By Cube is XBLA only for the moment at least. It's Greed Corp that's coming to XBLA, PSN and PC.

Oh shit. I read this, scrolled up, saw that Haunted hadn't edited his message.
It was all my fault!

Sorry Haunted. I'm a foolish fool and not even my smilie can save me!

Aaron

Haunted said:
That actually didn't look so bad. XBLA exclusive?

Although they took a damn long time to figure shit out I did just by watching. Sometimes I wonder whether they're just acting that way for our amusement. Delectare and all that.
I've played Death by Cube. It's a tricky, hardass game. Brad figured out pretty quickly all things considered.

panda21

Sky crawler innocent aces

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-sky-crawler-innocent-aces/17-1907/

bryan

and since when are anime dvds classier than videogames? really?

1s1owx.jpg

Luigiv

firehawk12 said:
Does Sky Crawlers actually have gamepad support or did they just mess up trying to change controllers?
Yes the game supports the Classic Controller, though opinions on the default scheme are mostly positive at this point (though I'll have to play it myself to know for sure.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom