• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The I bought the DVD/Blu-ray/4k disc and don't want the digital code give away |OT|

Syriel

Gonna have to update the OP. Flixster go boom.

There goes the easiest way to do international code redemption. :(

If you have Flixter 4K codes, burn em or lose em.

Flixster Video said:
What is happening with Flixster Video? Effective August 28, 2017, Flixster Video in the US will no longer offer streaming or download of video content and will cease providing digital copy code redemptions.

What will happen to my UltraViolet digital copy redemption codes that have not yet been redeemed and my Flixster Video collection? Flixster Video suggests using VUDU to redeem your UltraViolet digital copy codes and to access your video collection. Log in to VUDU, or if you do not have an account already, register at VUDU and link your existing UltraViolet library, then continue to redeem your UltraViolet digital copy codes and access your video collection at VUDU.

What will happen to current issues (i.e. redemption, playback, etc.) that I have with my collection on Flixster Video? VUDU brings a new and exciting redemption and playback experience for Flixster Video customers! Using their services should solve the issues you currently have with Flixster Video.

https://www.flixstervideo.com/faq

GAF Thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1422588

Syriel

I am guessing that if we redeemed through Flixster a while back and then linked it to Vudu, it should be ok with keeping those on Vudu?

As long as you have Flixster and VUDU linked to the same Ultraviolet account, you should be fine.

If you have different UV accounts for both, you'll need to merge the libraries on the UV site.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
As long as you have Flixster and VUDU linked to the same Ultraviolet account, you should be fine.

If you have different UV accounts for both, you'll need to merge the libraries on the UV site.

Yeah pretty sure they are all linked together. I know one of the services was giving me problems on Vudu, and still sometimes does (like showing I can only watch a few Breaking Bad seasons, when I redeemed for the whole show).

kennah

Hopefully I'm not losing all my movies because of this.. Flixster is the only service that works in Canada to play UV content. The only things I'd have left would be with WB (Lego Batman and Fantastic Beasts) and Sony (Ghostbusters 2016). :(

As it stands, even if flixster still works in Canada, There's so far six movies in my collection that are "Unavailable" Including John Wick 2. So sad.

Hopefully I'm not losing all my movies because of this.. Flixster is the only service that works in Canada to play UV content. The only things I'd have left would be with WB (Lego Batman and Fantastic Beasts) and Sony (Ghostbusters 2016). :(

As it stands, even if flixster still works in Canada, There's so far six movies in my collection that are "Unavailable" Including John Wick 2. So sad.
Venture season 3 never showed up on the vudu side. watchmen ultimate did. That's the memorable Flixster redemptions I can think of for me.

Edit: to get the thread back on track I'll have some codes in a few days. Been buying lists of stuff for my new tv and have some dupes.

Okay, dug through some old discs and found some codes that were never redeemed. Two say they are expired, but they should still work, so keep that in mind. I will list the movies below and the criteria for me deciding who gets them. I will pick the winner in the next couple of hours. These are US codes as well.

Lawrence of Arabia- Post your favorite shot from the film. If it lines up with mine, you get it. (This code says redeem by 2014. Should still work).

Looper- Post a funny Bruce Willis pic. (This code says redeem by 2014. Should still work)

Apollo 13- Post your favorite under appreciated Tom Hanks film. (Code is still valid)

22 Jump Street- Post a pic of Channing Tatum looking stupid. (Code is still valid)

The LEGO Movie- Post a funny Elizabeth Banks picture (Code is still valid)

tumblr_oo4apsaKGm1w5cxa9o1_540.gif

For The Lego Movie

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Okay, dug through some old discs and found some codes that were never redeemed. Two say they are expired, but they should still work, so keep that in mind. I will list the movies below and the criteria for me deciding who gets them. I will pick the winner in the next couple of hours. These are US codes as well.

Lawrence of Arabia- Post your favorite shot from the film. If it lines up with mine, you get it. (This code says redeem by 2014. Should still work).

Looper- Post a funny Bruce Willis pic. (This code says redeem by 2014. Should still work)

22 Jump Street- Post a pic of Channing Tatum looking stupid. (Code is still valid)

Not sure whether I want Looper or 22 Jump Street, so I'll hedge my bets and post goofy pics for both. If I win, the giver can decide which one I should get.

JrSMeFc.gif

TR9UfAp.gif

Link

The Autumn Wind

Apollo 13- Post your favorite under appreciated Tom Hanks film. (Code is still valid)

The LEGO Movie- Post a funny Elizabeth Banks picture (Code is still valid)
Bruce-Willis-big-head--98364.jpg

Lawrence for you!

Not sure whether I want Looper or 22 Jump Street, so I'll hedge my bets and post goofy pics for both. If I win, the giver can decide which one I should get.

TR9UfAp.gif

Jump Street for you!

The best.

Apollo 13 for you! (I was hoping someone would post That Thing You Do.)

LEGO Movie for you. And I did laugh at the gif. I have yet to see Power Rangers

Looper for you!

Lawrence doing his best Cornholio
To be fair I still haven't seen it but it's always been on my list. The first person posting for it posted my first pic. I do have the score and have seen that scene with it.

x6oW6o5.jpg

The mirage shot that MMarston posted was almost the moment in that sequence that I love most. It is before Ali is really visible, where it is just some weird blur floating over the sands that I love most in that sequence.

But the moment I have always been partial to in the film is this:

tumblr_mwiqmypyu01rx7w9ho6_500.gif

Him pulling the dagger out repeatedly, trying to be cool and badass. Almost like he is a child playing. And then catching his reflection in the blade and making sure he looks as good as he should. It is a moment of innocence and vanity.

I feel a need to watch the film again this weekend.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
The mirage shot that MMarston posted was almost the moment in that sequence that I love most. It is before Ali is really visible, where it is just some weird blur floating over the sands that I love most in that sequence.

But the moment I have always been partial to in the film is this:

tumblr_mwiqmypyu01rx7w9ho6_500.gif

Him pulling the dagger out repeatedly, trying to be cool and badass. Almost like he is a child playing. And then catching his reflection in the blade and making sure he looks as good as he should. It is a moment of innocence and vanity.

I feel a need to watch the film again this weekend.

All time great movie. In my top 20, full stop.

I just watched it this week for the umpteenth time, I saw it for the 8k restoration event in theaters several years ago, and watch it around twice a year, no fail. This is a beautiful film and includes sequences I cannot fathom that any movie would ever venture to try again.

My favorite scene is when Lawrence goes back to rescue Gasim after crossing the impossible Nefud desert, capping it off with "Nothing...is written"

Chills just thinking about it.

All time great movie. In my top 20, full stop.

I just watched it this week for the umpteenth time, I saw it for the 8k restoration event in theaters several years ago, and watch it around twice a year, no fail. This is a beautiful film and includes sequences I cannot fathom that any movie would ever venture to try again.

My favorite scene is when Lawrence goes back to rescue Gasim after crossing the impossible Nefud desert, capping it off with "Nothing...is written"

Chills just thinking about it.
Yeah, the theatrical event a few years ago was amazing. I was so jealous of my wife though, as that was her first time seeing the film. She got to experience it for the first time in a theater.

Top Bottom