• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II announced

Cyclone

Was what happened at the end of TLOU Part I (love the naming) bad enough for Ellie to feel that way? She must have known people wanted the cure.

And is that the big enemy here? Just the Fireflies again? Surely there's more, and I trust ND to deliver. Sequel to the greatest game of all-time, get hype.

Rajang

EmsyW_.gif

Hyped as fuck.

As for my homies who played the Multiplayer, GET FUCKING HYPED IM COMING BACK FOR YOU.

Also thought: 3 years after the first game, Firefly come and kill most of the village where Ellie and Joel were living to take away Ellie. They will get revenge of the sons of bitches (as well as develop further the relationship and dark past between Ellie and Joel).

I'm so glad they're continuing with the characters everyone loves instead of making new characters like a vocal minority wanted.

Fuck the noise about their story being over, Naughty Dog knows storytelling, and whatever Part II is going to be about will be fantastic.

Hype aside, TLoU has been reconsidered in recent years by many here on this very forum as not that great.

I wanted no Ellie, no Joel and new stories in the world that aren't cover shooter murder sims. What you want and what you get are 2 diff things tho :/

MilkBeard

Beautiful graphics. I think I need to play the first one now to get up to speed. This interests me more than Uncharted.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I absolutely hope that Ellie is the main playable character for the vast majority of the campaign, playing as her was the best part of TLOU since those sections are where it truly felt like a survival game since she's much more vulnerable than Joel the power fantasy.

The tone and weight of the atmosphere is unreal. Unfuckingreal

I am legit shook at the quality and direction of that trailer. Fucking unbelievable

I'm happy to trust Naughty Dog with this, but my first instinct is that they'd better have a really good reason for reviving Ellie and Joel, and I don't know that "Ellie wants to murder Fireflies" is going to cut it. Feels a bit like a repudiation of the original ending.

kpaadet

Would rather they hadn't shown it already if it's that early in development. Now I have to wait till 2018 at the earliest to play it. Excited nonetheless.

kswiston

I'm definitely on board with this.

Not sure why the no effort thread OP was kept as the consolidated thread OP. Maybe a mod can edit the first post to at least contain the trailer link. It seems wrong not to have it there, even if it is in the second post :p

Roldan

Loved it, but kind of sad that they're sticking with the same characters. They're fantastic, but that also means any kind of tension and ambiguity from the first game's ending is gone, and that was part of its charm.

Top Bottom