• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II announced

Linkyn

As an aside, I know they said it was in early development, but I really hope this doesn't fall into the same BS category of games announced 2+ years before release. The PS4 has too many of those already.

Zedark

`Wow, that was an amazing trailer! I kinda expected it because of Shinobi, but the trailer was outstanding and intriguing, so I'm still blown away. The first one was one of my favourite games (and I hadn't anticipated it to have any chance to achieve that before playing), so I am so happy with this, and I hope they can catch the emotion of the first game again.

Empty

shame they didn't have the confidence in the last of us name and the developer to make a sequel in the same universe with wholly new characters

AngryMoth

That was a fantastic trailer but I still wish they were making something new instead. TLoU was a perfectly self-contained story but I guess it was too successful not to make a sequel. Still, obviously I'll probably play it

Lingitiz

Unsure how I feel about returning to the same characters, but until we know more about the premise I won't judge. ND has earned benefit of the doubt.

Daggoth

Serious chills on that trailer. Can anyone confirm if the song that was played was the same song at the event that Keighley hosted?

I absolutely hope that Ellie is the main playable character for the vast majority of the campaign, playing as her was the best part of TLOU since those sections are where it truly felt like a survival game since she's much more vulnerable than Joel the power fantasy.

Almost certainly what they hinted at. The first game was an adventure motivated by Joel's intentions. THis one is motivated by Ellie's.

when he called her Kiddo and she said 'I am going to kill....' was 99% expecting her to say Bill. Naughty Dog/Tarantino working together. Mind Blown. As it is - hell The Last of Us is one of the best video games I have ever played so why would I be salty about the continuing adventures of Joel and Ellie? I wouldn't.

i really like the titel.

the last of us 2 would be stupid but the last of us part 2 is great for a sequel that should be a standalone

Yes! !!! That looked so good, wonder who ellie wants to kill? Still think it's gonna be ellie and someone else think Joel will take a back seat this time

I said this in the other thread, but labeling it "Part II" is classy. Godfather-esque stuff right there.

Much better than straight calling it The Last of Us 2. A name like that alone gives some kind of weight to it existing.
The most unnecessary sequel of all time.

But of course I'm gonna' play it.
Yeah, you know, I said that ever since sequel rumors started, but that trailer justified its existence for me already.

idonteven

HE LEARNED HER HOW TO PLAY GUITAR

giphy.gif

Top Bottom