• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The man has been eating pizza exclusively every day for the past 25 years (Vice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenovox1

"but when I was 15 or 16, I made the decision to become a vegetarian based on ethical reasoning. I still loved the taste of meat, and I still love it to this day, but due to my beliefs, I gave it up. That was about 23 years ago. I also hate vegetables. "

what.

A vegetarian that loves meat and hates vegetables is... is... something. I hope he juices veggies at least. (He doesn't. He'll only eat pizza.)

I could have sworn that exact line, word for word, was posted here recently too but I can't remember in what context.

That line goes back to 1994 at minimum (the movie Threesome) and a Cracked article from 2009 uses it as a title. It's not like this dude made it up.

14 inches is pathetic. 18 inches or nothing.

I thought I loved pizza and would gladly eat one everyday, but even I know that a person just can't survive on that alone.

Davey Cakes

Good for him.

Unfortunate that the man who's capable of eating only pizza for every meal every day eats...cheese only.

Even considering his aversion to meats and vegetables, it's just too bad that he can't venture into the world of pizza toppings. Vegetables of all kinds become AMAZING on pizza.

Kimosabae

Banned
If anything this just shows you how useless it is to try and force feed people with general nutrition dogma. There's so many factors that play into what being "healthy" means that it changes from one individual to the next.

That said, it's pretty weird that he's a confirmed type 2 and doctors are telling him he's okay.

Einbroch

Banned
Sad. He can't even go to restaurants with this fiance unless they have pizza. He can't go to a friend's place to have dinner unless they serve pizza. Stuck somewhere? Hope they have pizza.

I mean, if he just ate it all the time because he liked it, but still would eat other things when there was no pizza around, then that's fine. But not this.

Well yeah, we all are. Did he enjoy his life?

If he's got some bang up mental problems that keeps him from eating Pizza TOPPINGS then he's messing out something bad.

I mean, I couldn't get tired of Pizza either ... but only CHEESE? Ugggh!

And it's NY Pizza to? That greasy bread all day every day? Ugh ..

Servbot24

Banned
Of all foods to eat exclusively, vegetarian pizza honestly is a pretty good choice. Assuming he puts veggies on there that is.

So he was once a snotty brat who wouldn't eat his vegetables complete with the whole "shouldn't make kids eat that stuff." Shame about that mushroom incident though. Fungi are delicious.

Zebra

So I went to a nutritionist, and it was a waste of time. They just basically give you a list of things to try, saying, "Oh, you're a vegetarian; you should try this, this, and this." And of course I'm not going to try any of those.

What.

So why did he bother going to the nutritionist... was he hoping they would somehow say his diet is fine?

niunhuiio

Reminds me of a story I read 1 or 2 years ago about some teenage girl who ate nothing but ramen her entire life.

Edit: beaten

Getting to the point where he explains his various food-related childhood traumas really put his life into context.

Like when I was four or five, we lived in the backwoods of North Carolina, where I went to daycare in Ms. Stanfill’s home. She would try to feed all of us Brunswick stew every day, which is not something you would ever feed a five-year-old. It's either chicken, pork, or rabbit with beef and okra, lima beans, corn, potatoes, and tomatoes. I would protest and try to run away, but she would grab me. I can't remember whether she would beat me or spank me, but I know that she would throw me in a closet as my punishment for not eating the stew. I would sit in there crying and screaming for a couple hours until my mom came to pick me up.

When I was five, I was in the backyard. My sister fed me some mushrooms, which turned out to be poisonous, and I had to be rushed to the hospital. They fed me Coca-Cola and Karo syrup until I vomited, and then I kept vomiting uncontrollably the entire night. I was fine after that.

Gotta say, if that happened to me, I'd probably be a pretty picky eater as well. Though with him being so open about his past, you'd think it'd be enough to contextualize his actions & inspire some level of change.

His bathroom probably smells like a sewage treatment facility for hours after he takes a shit.

Unless there's a load of fiber in that tomato sauce, he likely hasn't shit since the turn of the millennium.

Of all foods to eat exclusively, vegetarian pizza honestly is a pretty good choice. Assuming he puts veggies on there that is.
Nope. He doesn't. Cheese only.

Sounds like he had a couple of issues around food growing up, but seriously come on. I can understand if his experience at the daycare turned him off stew for life, but turning him off all foods (except meat, which is by choice) except cheese pizza? That's extremely specific, and seems completely ridiculous.

It is a shame that, as others have pointed out, he seems surrounded by enablers and doesn't seem to want to change his eating habits. It's all well and good to go to a therapist, but if he approaches it with the same attitude he did the nutritionist, what's the point?

Ingrate

Banned
I don't believe this guy, didn't believe Ramen girl, didn't believe chicken mcnuggets girl, didn't believe that Indian guy who said he only eats air, etc

too cynical and I've personally known people who use a quirky diet(vegan) as an attention getter. And look here's another one getting attention.

cbox

I hate cooking for myself, love doing it for other people....lot of work for something that takes 15min to eat

Guys, food keeps you alive. There shouldn't even be a debate whether the cost of the time creating something is worthwhile. You can have a perfectly healthy meal and not cook a single thing.

McLovin

I just can't believe his logic. I don't want to eat meat anymore(become a vegetarian) but I hate vegetables. Oh I know.. Pizza. What about fruit? And Nuts? I mean shit, he could probably blend the vegetables into a smoothie or something.
He's like yeah I pass out randomly, and one time I totaled my new car because I passed out behind the wheel, but other then that I see no reason to stop. The dude is literally putting his life and others in danger and he thinks its still worth it. He could easily kill someone while driving. At first I thought it was kind of cool, but the more I think about it he's some crazy asshole.

Zaptruder

Banned
I don't believe this guy, didn't believe Ramen girl, didn't believe chicken mcnuggets girl, didn't believe that Indian guy who said he only eats air, etc

too cynical and I've personally known people who use a quirky diet(vegan) as an attention getter. And look here's another one getting attention.

So you think there are multiple instances of people with the plan to become 15 minutes famous by restricting their diet to one thing in particular for years on end?

When there's a competing explanation where they're simply people with weird eating habits that might get attention on a slow news day?

To everyone else examining his logic - you don't use logic to reason yourself into these sorts of positions. You use logic however invalid it maybe to justify to yourself and others your current position.

lenovox1

So you think there are multiple instances of people with the plan to become 15 minutes famous by restricting their diet to one thing in particular for years on end?

When there's a competing explanation where they're simply people with weird eating habits that might get attention on a slow news day?

NBD with regards to this post, but just to not downplay their illness, they all have eating disorders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom