• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fine fine, we can be a duo on the score update team. Im eating so im not paying much attention anyway.

i don't like this start by bob. he needs to be the underdog. if the fates catch wind of people actually considering to possibly show confidence in him winning, its all over for him. good day to you bob!

Mrbob

Gunstar can you play tommorrow night after Invasion? I'm thinking around 10PM central.

My game against Ando was pretty boring until the 4th quarter. That is when things started heating up. He drove down to my 7 yard line and had first and goal with 3 minutes remaining. My defense ending up holding him to a goal line stand at the 3 yard just as the two minute warning hit.

On my next offensive play Orton missed his handoff to Jones and I got sacked in the end zone. So I had to free kick to Ando. He got the ball back at his 45 after the kick and proceeding to score a TD to go ahead. He threw a nice pass between a couple of my defenders in zone to go up 8-7 with 42 seconds left. He missed the two point conversion.

I get the ensuing kickoff at my 5 and returned it 31 yards to my 36 with 35 seconds left and all my timeouts. On first down I went for a deep bomb but it my WR was double covered by his safety. Lucky I didn't get the ball picked off. On my next play I hit Clark up the middle to midfield and called a timeout. On the following play I hit Wade on a pass to the left and he got to the 33 and I called my second timeout. On my next play I took a gamble and decided I was going to run the ball up the middle to get as much yardage as I could and then call a timeout. Luckily this worked as I caught Ando in quarter defense and Jones ran the ball 14 yards to his 19 and I called my last timeout with 2 seconds left.

Thankfully there was 50 seconds on the playclock before I had to attempt to kick the fg because I needed about 30 to calm myself down! :lol At the buzzer I nailed that fg too wtih 98 power and 96 accurucy down the middle and the game was over! Crazy defensive game and now I get the luxary to get a rematch with the Eagles. :D

Andokuky

Banned
What a bullshit game.

For starters, the Bears defensive line is unstoppable. On 3 seperate occasions Plummer snapped the ball only to be immediatly sacked before he could even take 1 step back by the DT who someone got between 2 lineman untouched in an instant. I also got sacked atleast 2 other times by DB's on blitzes while my back just fucking sat there and watched the guy run right by him. My first drive I have a 37 yard FG lined up right down the middle, high 90's in power, 68 accuracy. More than enough accuracy to get it through from that short out but nope, missed and missed horribly. I've hit 45 yard FG's with less accuracy than that.

Thomas Jones can outrun DJ Williams and Al Wilson. Ok, fair enough I guess. He is a RB after all. But hey when Tatum Bell is going through a wide open hole at full speed, should have been long TD runs on two occasions but nope, some shitty LOLB chases him down. Not Urlacher, not Briggs. Some no name bastard chases down Tatum Bell. Yea right.

Last drive of the game. Both defenses had been playing extremely well. I guess Madden decided enough defense had already been played. First completion was a jump ball across the middle to the TE i double coverage. Caught. Then the 3rd WR on the depth chart catches a pass over the middle, again in double coverage. Then yea you caught me in quarter against your 3 WR set but I knew you were running, it was a heavy blitz and zone. Lynch waits an hour to run up and tackle you and game is over. It's shit that with superior WR's I can't get anyone open to save my life then on the last drive 2 crappy players are hit in double coverage and come away with two catches. Thanks for reminding me why I hate this game and rarely play outside of league opponents.

My girl got me this:

whining.jpg

Marmaduke

Banned
Andokuky said:
*snip*

It's shit that with superior WR's I can't get anyone open to save my life then on the last drive 2 crappy players are hit in double coverage and come away with two catches.

I wholeheartedly agree. Santana Moss can't get separation on a route with an average Bears CB, but Muhsin Muhammad (sp?) pulled away like a Lamborghini from Sean Taylor? Bullshit. I don't know what it is about passing in Madden, but leading your receiver deep and getting the AI to break away from the defender never happens for me, but for anyone else? EVERY FUCKING TIME. It's so bad that everyone in the league that plays me will throw deep immediately after I score a TD, and no matter what I call (zone, prevent, blitz, man, bump, whatever!) they make either a completion for a huge gain or a TD.

Andokuky

Banned
I know Mike Brown, he is a safety. Hillenmeyer? Reese? Are they on the Bears? Not that it matters. Even Mike Brown chasing Bell down from behind would be crap.

Mrbob

My defense never fell behind Bell. I play primarily cover 2 so I always had a safety deep. I forced you to run to the outside towards the sidelines once with my safety Harris. I actually posted my game stats. I hit you many times in the backfield with all out blitzes. I was ready for your run when I looked at your stats. I played against the run primarily on every first and second down. It wasn't until 3rd I concentrated on stopping your pass. You still put up decent running numbers. Were you expecting to put up 250 rush yards against me?

Andokuky

Banned
I got outside to the left twice with Bell and both times was chased down by a linebacker. Oh well, I'm used to it in this game. Champ Bailey turns into the slowest guy on Earth on kickoff returns. Yea you played good run defense but that line is still bullshit and if your LB's and safety can so easily keep up with Bell then my faster players should have no trouble keeping up with a slower Jones.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Im proud of bob and gun, they seem like my children that finally got that big break... this is your time to shine kids... dont make it this far for nothing.. No one remembers who came in second...

Mrbob

iceDragon7 said:
Xbox Live news on Live dashboard, Xbox Live will be down for 24 hours on Oct. 24th
At least thats what I think it said.

Looks like all the MS employees will be gone by getting GTA Liberty City Stories for PSP and playing it all day.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Gunstar77 said:
WASH_PHI_0188_DH.jpg

Who can make a play? I can!
Who can make a play? I can!
Gunstar, your gamertag is gunstar77 right?

Accept my friend invite so i can follow the game

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
vince_lombardi_trophy_6.jpg

CONGRATS BOB! First Madden NFL 2006 Superbowl champ is CROWNED!

If I didn't win, I'd have wanted either Bob or Fifty, as my boys, to win. Glad one of you could do it!

Great season everyone, especially all the rookies who showed us vets something!

Great job Gunstar, only true champs like you FMT and Ror beat me in the season. :(

Mrbob

GG Gunstar.

Trevor%20Watts%20&%20the%20Celebration%20Band.jpg

PARTY TIME IN CHI TOWN!

I don't know what to say. Haha I really don't. The title is mine! Amazing! I'm gonna enjoy the moment because it may not come around again! :D

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Congrats Bob, you played an excellent game. I can pretty much sum this game pretty easily, Redzone. Bob did great in the Redzone and I did very poor. Extra points to you for sticking with your team even when they aren't that great in Maddens ratings. Samething for CK, FMT, Matrix, and HG you guys are true to your teams.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Gunstar77 said:
Congrats Bob, you played an excellent game. I can pretty much sum this game pretty easily, Redzone. Bob did great in the Redzone and I did very poor. Extra points to you for sticking with your team even when they aren't that great in Maddens ratings. Samething for CK, FMT, Matrix, and HG you guys are true to your teams.

You sure you can't play next season? I want you in my division.

Fifty

Great finish to a great season. The playoffs were surprisingly classy..Everyone did a great job. Since the season is now over I'd like to thank everyone for doing a great job all season entering in their stats and playing legit, while making our deadlines for games every week.

Top Bottom