• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
prayin.jpg

screenshot from the game

17-10 Eagles....was just 10-10 i have no idea what happened

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Malleymal said:
prayin.jpg

screenshot from the game

17-10 Eagles....was just 10-10 i have no idea what happened

Bastard thats my job!
Ah well its all good. Fuckin Tense game!

Fifty

Wtf....the score wasn't final. I thought the game was over when CK logged on aim but it appears he had one last chance to tie it, and the kick hit the goal post. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I just let out the most blood curdling yell. The neighbors called up.

I am sweating.

Let me input the stats and then I will recap.

PS: If season 2 has DLine spread I am going to castrate you all.

CB3

Wellington said:

I am sweating.

+1

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Wellington said:

I am sweating.

Great game Wellie, most likely the best playoff game GAF has ever had.

MrBob I hope you leave room in your stomache after you eat cuz I'm going to take my JETS AND CRAM THEM DOWN YOUR SPINE!

asckigacop034na.jpg

Also, with FMT, Fifty, and Wellie out. I have no reason to carry on with the superbowl. I wanted to go against them for a reason. Now the only person left is MrBob who wont beat me a 3rd time and if he does. . . He deserves it.

I'm doing this for the BEST!

Fifty

CK or Malley....I think. We played 3 seasons last year and the third one was kind of weird. I even remember myself losing interest then and I have no clue which team I used.

Fifty

Bob's destined to lose now that he's posting on GA in the middle of his biggest game! He's angered the madden gods.

Bob's destined to lose now that he's posting on GA in the middle of his biggest game! He's angered the madden gods.

:lol

you dont respect the game bob! no, it is up to gunstar to carry the old-school GAF madden championship torch.... he will be the only long-time player remaining after bob loses :(

CB3

Fifty said:

:lol i do that and talk to people on trillian on like all my games

you dont respect the game bob! no, it is up to gunstar to carry the old-school GAF madden championship torch.... he will be the only long-time player remaining after bob loses :(

Yeah im rooting for Gunstar now. EAGLES!

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nah nah nah nah...

nah nah NAH NAH!

HEY HEY HEY GOOOOOODBYE!

come on everybody!

ChrebetFumbleTB.jpg

here is a pic from the game... chrebet makes this catch!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol Its just like Madden!

AZ Greg

No Bob can't lose!

I must rid the playoffs of CP, FMT, and MrBob thus eliminating the trifecta of Favre/Packer haters. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
CK or Malley....I think. We played 3 seasons last year and the third one was kind of weird. I even remember myself losing interest then and I have no clue which team I used.

I was the defending champ. I played like it most of the season but lost my last three games.

Okay fellas, game stats are complete and I have posted my own player stats for you all to see. Here goes the recap:

First quarter was completely uneventful. I figured that the game would end with less than a total of 30 points between us as we both play pretty stingy D.

Second quarter, midway through. 3rd and short, I call... fuck I forget the name of the play. Shockey runs a post, Tiki cuts back to the middle, Toomer runs an out, Burress runs a curl. Spread D-Line and blitzing LBs so I audible Shockey to an out to get the quick pass out, audibled my FB Finn in to block left. Snapped the ball, no chance, the flood gates opened and I was caught by either the right end or the right outside linebacker as I was rolling to the right (yup, came all the way across the field untouched). I was sacked, and fumbled. My lineman, McKenzie was in the area and I took control of him to try and recover the ball but he was caught on the block. Gunstar recovers. My staunch run D keeps Westbrook in check, but he is able to complete a pass to Greg Lewis to put him into FG range. He of course, makes it.

Still second quarter. I move the ball towards mid-field but then go three and out and am forced to punt it away. I punted it and pinned him within the 20 yard line. I call flipped Nickel Strong - Cloud Zone in order to try and protect against the Westbrook wheel. Gunstar snaps, I try applying pressure to no avail, loads of time in the backfield with McNabb scrambling around. Bombs it to Owens who completely outran the safety (Shaun Williams) and linebacker (Carlos Emmons) assigned to cover that zone. Long TD with no one even close. Nothing I could have done.

10-0

Just before the end of the half, I manage to drive down into field goal range and hit a 44 yarder.

10-3.

I get the ball to open the half, 3 and out.

3 and out for Gunstar as well.

Got the ball, managed to get all the way downfield. 3rd and like 7 at my 12 I call a play out of the I-Form. Shockey out post, Burress option, Toomer deep curl, Tiki left, Finn right. Took the snap, Tiki, Finn covered. Threw to Toomer up top over Brown and he makes a great catch to knot the game up at 10 as we enter the fourth quarter.

Ensuing drive from Gunstar, the awaited Westbrook wheel, only it's to the left instead of the anticipated right. Long TD. Nothing I could have done there.

Down 17-10 middle of the fourth. I know this drive is due or die, four down territory. 3rd down and 6. Weak I-Form TE slant. Toomer covered over the middle, as well as Burress. Shockey covered, but he was my last option so I had to throw it to him. Get hit as I throw, turnover on downs.

At this point I logged onto AIM to tell Fifty and Bob that I had lost and it was over.

At this point it's clock milking time and we both knew it. He runs right with Westbrook. I was able to take control of my safety Shaun Williams and hitstick to cause a fumble. William Joseph recovers. The drive that followed that was just edge of the seat the whole way. It was all Tiki, Barber, and Eli converting on two separate fourth downs, the second of which was at the goal line. Fourth and inches to go at the 3. Goal line formation, QB sneak was the play. Timeout, he was anticipating it. Goal line formation, HB weak pitch. Pitch to Tiki....... being chased by Dhani Jones...... Tiki has the edge in speed and BARELY clips the pilon for the TD.

17-17 43 seconds remaining in the fourth.

Good special teams coverage by the Gmen, as usual this season. Stopped on 1st down. Second down... McNabb drops back... Owens being covered by Will Allen streaks downfield. Gunstar passes to Owens, my safety Brent Alexander comes over for help... Owens jumps up and makes the grab in field goal range! For whatever batshit insane reason, Gunstar decides to kick the FG right away instead of running a few times to burn the clock. Kicks it and hits it. 20-17 with 17 seconds left.

The kickoff.... Shanked! Illegal Procedure! Giants ball at the 40 with 17 seconds left and no timeouts left! Singleback slot strong, tiki in for carter as slot receiver. My target is Tiki who is running an out towards the sideline, no timeouts so I need something towards the line. Snap the ball, Barber shaded to the outside, Burress going deep double covered, Shockey was held in to block, Toomer on a wheel route was double covered towards the inside but then as he cut out was wide open with a step on Brown. The lob.... CAUGHT AND BROUGHT DOWN AT THE 29!!! 12... 11... Eli hurries the team to the line. 10...9....8....7...6... the snap is off and the ball is spiked! 46 yard field goal to tie it!

Feely in.

Pressure kick.

My heart is pounding.

Hands sweating.

Cock hard.

Line up the kick. Snap the ball.

98 Pow.

65 ACC....!

LOOKS GOOD.

IT'S GOING.

YES...

Hooks... :(

Off the inside portion of the left goal post and clangs out. Giants lose :(

I can't say I played a bad game. If not for the dline spread I really do think that would have turned out differently, I just couldn't do anything against it, that first fumble proved costly, and the int was a result of a blind throw because of the rush. My guys played tough but they were just out matched. The three scores that mattered: Long TD bomb to Owens. Westrbook wheel for 60+ yards, TD. Long pass to Owens to set up game winning TD. I don't think any kind of playcalling could beat that.

Made my adjustments at the half on O and did what I could.

Laugh it up now chumps. I'm going 16-0 for sure next season and taking it all the way.

184616.jpg

"Fuck the D-Line spread!"

CB3

Lets see if we cant get another playoff game in tonight. I want my season 2 team already Damnit!

Top Bottom