• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slo

Guys: I think the week 16 game between newsguy and I probably won't happen unless someone plays for me. He and I just happen to have two completely opposite schedules. He's available all day long, and I work all day. I'm available at night, but he works at night. Our game is basically meaningless, but I've been trying to schedule it anyway just because I don't want to be seen as a quiter and be banned from future leagues, but I'm not about to take off work or stay up until 1:00 AM on a work night for what amounts to a formality.

No hard feelings newsguy, its just one of those things. I completely understand that your schedule is busy, and so is mine.

So does anybody think they have a schedule that's more in line with newsguy's?

Fifty

Screw it then. If either of you was in season 2, I'd insist you find a way to play it....but since you're both not playing, your record doesn't matter.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Being in the playoffs is overrated.
crying.jpg
:lol

Guys, I'm suffering from withdrawl. If you see me on aim or live, challenge me! I don't want to go in cold!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Well im done,I dont even want to finish this game against bob.

Ive dropped key passes wideopen and his cpu players are int'ing everything I throw.

GG Bob,but I had no chance from the start.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Well im done,I dont even want to finish this game against bob.

Ive dropped key passes wideopen and his cpu players are int'ing everything I throw.

GG Bob,but I had no chance from the start.

Exactly dude. It's like the Bear's D is a fucking group of JEDISout there, inting and deflecting everything out there. You would pass far the fuck away from any defenders and they just up and make the play from across the field. Fuck that noise.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Exactly dude. It's like the Bear's D is a fucking group of JEDISout there, inting and deflecting everything out there. You would pass far the fuck away from any defenders and they just up and make the play from across the field. Fuck that noise.

Its fucking horseshit.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
:lol :lol :lol
Im glad i didnt have to play DA bears this season. With the way i was passing early in the season it could have been a disaster.

But i swear on all thats holy im coming back with vengence season two. Regardless of what team i get.
Starting strong, Starting FAST
shane2vx0jk4hg.gif

newsguy

Slo said:
Guys: I think the week 16 game between newsguy and I probably won't happen unless someone plays for me. He and I just happen to have two completely opposite schedules. He's available all day long, and I work all day. I'm available at night, but he works at night. Our game is basically meaningless, but I've been trying to schedule it anyway just because I don't want to be seen as a quiter and be banned from future leagues, but I'm not about to take off work or stay up until 1:00 AM on a work night for what amounts to a formality.

No hard feelings newsguy, its just one of those things. I completely understand that your schedule is busy, and so is mine.

So does anybody think they have a schedule that's more in line with newsguy's?

Slo, we can still play this weekend if you'd like. All season I was home by midnight, which is the time I played most of my games, but now baseball is in the playoffs and I'm stuck at work until at least 45 minutes after these games end. It's a pretty unique situation, but weekends are open for me if you still want to play. It would be good so we can at least get our stats in.

Matrix

Bob plays like Konex,never tackles himself on running plays :lol I have stopped throwing cause you cant against the bears.

Matrix

LMAO I now fumbled and I was just touched,thats all....wtf was this game fixed :lol

CB3

Matrix said:
LMAO I now fumbled and I was just touched,thats all....wtf was this game fixed :lol

I hate those games where things feel like that. I played a game where My D decided to not tackle. At ALL! Lamont Jordan Bounced off every one of my defenders. EACH FUCKING PLAY. Not to mention i fumbled about 4 times. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ColdBlooded33 said:
I hate those games where things feel like that. I played a game where My D decided to not tackle. At ALL! Lamont Jordan Bounced off every one of my defenders. EACH FUCKING PLAY. Not to mention i fumbled about 4 times. :lol

I know that feeling. Give up 70 yards per game during 14 games of the season, and suddenly Rors rips off 200 yards. :lol

Matrix

LOL I decide to throw one last time,picked off :lol

Ive never been shut out,this was just bs from the start.

I'm glad I'm out anyway,I can now watch my Stros 100%.

GG Bob :lol

Fifty

Ok Ando.....it's me and you. Friday is a no-go, but late saturday could work. Otherwise sunday night is the next option.

Mrbob

Yo VIP let's kick it

Ice ice baby (x2)
All right stop collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly when I play a dope melody
Anything less than the best is a felony
Love it or leave it you better gain weight
You better hit bull's eye the kid don't play
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

CHORUS
Ice ice baby vanillla (x4)

Now that the party is jumping
With the bass kicked in and the vegas are pumpin'
Quick to the point to the point no faking
I'm cooking MC's like a pound of bacon
Burning them if you ain't quick and nimble
I go crazy when I hear a cymbal
And a hi-hat with a souped up tempo
I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo
Rollin' in my 5.0
With my rag-top down so my hair can blow
The girlies on standby waving just to say hi
Did you stop no I just drove by
Kept on pursuing to the next stop
I busted a left and I'm heading to the next block
The block was dead
Yo so I continued to A1A Beachfront Avenue
Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis
Rockman lovers driving Lamborghinis
Jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine
Shay with a guage and Vanilla with a nine
Reading for the chumps on the wall
The chumps acting ill because they're so full of eight balls
Gunshots rang out like a bell
I grabbed my nine all I heard were shells
Falling on the concrete real fast
Jumped in my car slammed on the gas
Bumpet to bumper the avenue's packed
I'm trying to get away before the jackers jack
Police on the scene you know what I mean
They passed me up confronted all the dope fiends
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

REPEAT CHORUS

Take heed 'cause I'm a lyrical poet
Miami's on the scene just in case you didn't know it
My town that created all the bass sound
Enough to shake and kick holes in the ground
'Cause my style's like a chemical spill
Feasible rhymes that you can vision and feel
Conducted and formed
This is a hell of a concept
We make it hype and you want to step with this
Shay plays on the fade slice like a ninja
Cut like a razor blade so fast other DJs say damn
If my rhyme was a drug I'd sell it by the gram
Keep my composure when it's time to get loose
Magnetized by the mic while I kick my juice
Check out the hook while Shay revolves it

Ice ice baby vanilla
Ice ice baby (oh-oh) vanilla
Ice ice baby vanilla
Ice ice baby vanilla ice
Yo man let's get out of here
Word to your mother
Ice ice baby too cold
Ice ice baby too cold too cold (x2)
Ice ice baby

CB3

Time for my Divisional round picks.

Chicago Bears At New York Jets IF the roster update doesnt come by then. It seems no one in this league can beat him. Honestly i dont know why

Denver Broncos At Baltimore Ravens I skweaked by Fifty, i dont think he will let that happen again

Philadelphia Eagles At New York Giants Sorry Welle, Look at the avatar :)

Green Bay Packers At San Francisco 49ers FMT will win this one. Do it for San Diego!

AZ Greg

ColdBlooded33 said:
Time for my Divisional round picks.
Green Bay Packers At San Francisco 49ers FMT will win this one. Do it for San Diego!

NEVER!

The new and improved playoff Favre is unstoppable! No Ints.

All thanks to his special off season training.

brett87.jpg

AZ Greg

Fifty said:
FMT vs Favre.....this playoff picture has painted itself perfectly.

I remember the first thread where I showed interest in a Madden league with you guys. FMT proceeded to post the pics of Favre getting hit by 49ers saying there was plenty of room for me. Funny how it works out. :lol

And funny how it will end for him. :)

P.S. -
rodgers_aaron.jpg
>
Image10291.jpg
Still!

CB3

rodgers_aaron.jpg

Looks like he was taking a shit while trying his best to take the photo at the same time.

there may have been a chance for me to lose in the divisional if i were playing the seachickens. but my intense hatred for the packers won't allow me to lose. if i were to lose this game, i feel like i would cease to exist... as if i would fade into the oblivion of nothingness. i can't let that happen, i won't let that happen.... and i can't let that happen!

best of all it's in frisco! we all know what happened the last time the packers played a playoff game in san francisco!

at_owens4.jpg

AZ Greg

FrenchMovieTheme said:
best of all it's in frisco! we all know what happened the last time the packers played a playoff game in san francisco!

at_owens4.jpg

We all know that shouldn't have happened

jerry1129.jpg

RICE FUMBLED!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Whelp, so much for my super bowl aspirations friends. Looks like I am out of this game before even playing it.

Gunstar: If you want a forfeit win from me it's cool. Might as well not waste an hour of our time.

Mrbob

Looks like me and ice won't be playing till Sunday evening anyway so there is no rush to try to get games in sooner.

Fifty

Nice typical display of lack of confidence by CK, I wouldn't expect anything else from the #1 seed. oh wait..

Ando....since everyone else is playing sunday night, I'd rather play then.....This way I'm free to do anything on saturday. Tell me if sunday (any time after 8:30 eastern) works for you

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Nice typical display of lack of confidence by CK, I wouldn't expect anything else from the #1 seed. oh wait..

Ando....since everyone else is playing sunday night, I'd rather play then.....This way I'm free to do anything on saturday. Tell me if sunday (any time after 8:30 eastern) works for you

Well listen, I lost the two games I didn't do any of that for, so I think it's the right move.

Besides, while I think I can hold my own against his D, I don't have the personnel to match up with his offense. He's good enough to beat zones, which is what I would normally do when thoroughly outmatched teamwise, so it's going to be a crapshoot on D for me. I don't think I can score more than 17 points on him, so I need to figure this out ASAP.

CB3

DMczaf said:
You let me down, FMT...you were once my hero.

Once upon a time

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

:(

nooooooooooooo!

a day that will go down... in infamy. it was a good game filled with bullshit. gg played by azyuma, but observe these facts:

* i was clipped not once, not twice, but THRICE on ahman green runs around the edge that resulted in big gains. the most painful was when i was down 10 points in the 4th on a 3rd down, i have him dead to rights and all of a sudden my guy is sucked into a block from his back! come on refs!

* oh kbar... why did i start you? score is 14-3 and im driving down to the GB 30. guess what? barlow fumbles. NOT ONLY does he fumble, he fumbles like 10 yards forward into the greenbay secondary so i dont have a chance to recover.

first play of the 2nd half guess what happens again? yep barlow fumbles. and guess what? you are correct. he fumbles about 5-10 yards forward into greenbay secondary.

* i THINK this was a huge glitch in the game. i had brandon lloyd running a streak and he had a couple yards on the safety, i put my vision cone on him. technically my short receiver is in the line of the vision cone as well. i throw to lloyd, but the ball goes to the short receiver and is intercepted. why!

anyways i had 4 turnovers in all, two of them deep in greenbay territory. i felt like my running game was working well. everytime i got some momentum a turnover would stop it (i only take the blame for one turnover! i should have never thrown that pass to battle but i didn't recognize the correct zone until after i pressed the button. too trigger happy)

i will be back in season 2... you'll see. you'll all see!

p.s. FUCK YOU! FUCK MADDEN!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Looks like he got crushed by the CK-bug.

Offense that can't stop giving the other team great opportunities.

Defense that fucking can't stop the run for shit no matter what play you call.

No chance for my revenge. :( (Assuming I beat Gunstar, which I won't)

FMT if it makes you feel better, we can play a ranked game sometime so I can take you out of that 552 rank your in. I always make it to 4,000 and get pushed out cuz of coldblooded...stupid phone...=(

CB3

iceDragon7 said:
FMT if it makes you feel better, we can play a ranked game sometime so I can take you out of that 552 rank your in. I always make it to 4,000 and get pushed out cuz of coldblooded...stupid phone...=(

image3lz.gif

Top Bottom