• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.
it will be a rule in season 2. if there is under 2 mins left, and the opposing team has no timeouts, kneel the ball or run the clock out with some up the middle runs.

i know when i play gunstar or dm or whoever, and the game is close in the end im always throwing passes to give them a chance but i never score on purpose. now i see this is wrong. hey, if you earned the victory (whether it was by luck or whatever) just take it. let the other person bitch about how the game screwed him instead of you trying to run up the score. us late-game passers mean right, but from now on just take the knee and the victory.

newsguy

Ah shit.

50.jpg

Good clutch win Bob, GL in the playoffs. Slo we can play tomorrow if you'd like but my schedule is exactly the same as today. What I can do is bring the Xbox to work and play our game around 8pm.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
it will be a rule in season 2. if there is under 2 mins left, and the opposing team has no timeouts, kneel the ball or run the clock out with some up the middle runs.

i know when i play gunstar or dm or whoever, and the game is close in the end im always throwing passes to give them a chance but i never score on purpose. now i see this is wrong. hey, if you earned the victory (whether it was by luck or whatever) just take it. let the other person bitch about how the game screwed him instead of you trying to run up the score. us late-game passers mean right, but from now on just take the knee and the victory.

See thats where I was coming from,I'll make sure to never do that again.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hah, no one in the NFC has any momentum going into the playoffs, it's funny.

Just played a game against DJ and Tiki had 3 fumbles, Eli threw two weird as fuck ints. My offense continues to give the other team more points than my defense.

no one has any momentum!?

i beat you, gunstar and truelize! all tough games i needed to win as i was not only in danger of losing my division title, not only in danger of losing my 1st round bye, but in danger of missing the playoffs! alex smith is a hero!

Slo

newsguy said:
Ah shit.

50.jpg

Good clutch win Bob, GL in the playoffs. Slo we can play tomorrow if you'd like but my schedule is exactly the same as today. What I can do is bring the Xbox to work and play our game around 8pm.

Newsguy, my AIM is NateCantDance. I'll be awake up until about 11:00 Central. Much past that and I doubt I'll be up. I really have no motivation to play this game other than to finally have this league over with. :-\ Let me know.

shhh! alex will hear you if you bad mouth the niners....

alex_smith.jpg

uh oh he heard you! look at those eyes... the eyes of a stone cold killer! it's too late for you now! lose in the divisional or alex has his way with you. i could have helped you, but i can't now... i'm sorry :(

Andokuky

Banned
I should be the 4 seed as I beat KC head to head. I don't know who outseeds who between myself and Chicago, but look at week 1. No way am I the 6th seed. At worst I am the 5th seed while KC is 6th seed.

problem is that, per NFL rules, when 3 or more teams have the same record it can no longer default to head to head, it goes to record among common opponents. he beats both you and bob in that category.

trust me, the site calcuates it automatically.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
ando why.... dont avoid the most drama filled game in GAF history... U and matrix are like the thrilla in Manilla... its about ratings and no one wants to watch me and u play... its about the ratings...

xin_04020205093408620515.jpg

"its about ratings bitch" FmTagliabue

Andokuky

Banned
Just makes no sense that the site ranked me #4 all this time then all of a sudden I am lower than Chicago and a KC team that I already beat. Do division opponents count as common opponents? If they do he is 4-3 against common opponents and I am 4-2. If they don't count we are both 2-1 and I own a 2 game advantage over him in conference games which is the next step :lol

Oh well, EA servers have been down forever so I've just been running practice mode against KC because thats what the site said my ranking would have me play. Guess I'll just get owned.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Cloudy, when do you want to get the last game in? I'll be around for another 20 minutes or so, and I "should" be open for most of tomorrow, until Lost comes on.

AZ Greg

spopackers.jpg

GG, Cold. Man that was close. We went to overtime and he was nearly in FG range when Nick Barnett intercepts the pass and runs it back for a TD.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
AZYUMA86 said:
spopackers.jpg

GG, Cold. Man that was close. We went to overtime and he was nearly in FG range when Nick Barnett intercepts the pass and runs it back for a TD.

I know, my heart was poundin in OT. GG

Next Season Fuckers. My Passing Game is finally here. And i will have my vengence, in this season or the next...
b00004z2yd02lzzzzzzz9if.jpg

Fifty

Such an important game going down with no hard feelings or drama? What's with you two! Pull some hair....be bitches, not men!

AZ Greg

Fifty said:
Such an important game going down with no hard feelings or drama? What's with you two! Pull some hair....be bitches, not men!

Nah, win or lose I joined this league to have awesome games like that last one with Cold.

P.S. - Only person with a top five opponent record to make the playoffs. :D

Fifty

Yeah I was kidding. In all honesty it's good to see such sportsmanship....although I expect the playoffs will leave plenty of broken hearts it its wake.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
Yeah I was kidding. In all honesty it's good to see such sportsmanship....although I expect the playoffs will leave plenty of broken hearts it its wake.

Not broken hearts,broken faces! whooooooooo
D_1_td16play_168895_0916.jpg

playoffs will start tomorrow guys. i need to make sure of the matchups and that everything is being calculated correctly. im in contact w/ the leaguedaddy owner so im going to just make sure. tomorrow! be ready for a quick playoff run guys!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
playoffs will start tomorrow guys. i need to make sure of the matchups and that everything is being calculated correctly. im in contact w/ the leaguedaddy owner so im going to just make sure. tomorrow! be ready for a quick playoff run guys!

Wait what about my week 15 and 16 games?

ColdBlooded33 said:
No one cares.

Yeah all the losers who didn't make it to the playoffs dont care.
Oh my bad I didn't notice you were one of them sorry :)

I don't care if im ranked 2nd or not I'll be able to get those 2 games done tommorow.
I'll have a bye week anyway right? So you guys don't have to worry about me lagging the playoffs.

Slo

I heard Coldblooded took icedragon's mom out for French Toast and $0.50 coffee at Denny's and then never called the bitch again!

Just throwin' it out there, do whatever you want with it. :D

Fifty

iceDragon7 said:

I don't care if im ranked 2nd or not I'll be able to get those 2 games done tommorow.
I'll have a bye week anyway right? So you guys don't have to worry about me lagging the playoffs.

Good stuff. Anyway, I hope you win at least one (you most likely will) just because I don't feel like sorting out yet another tiebreaker!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Slo said:
I heard Coldblooded took icedragon's mom out for French Toast and $0.50 coffee at Denny's and then never called the bitch again!

Just throwin' it out there, do whatever you want with it. :D
oh snap!

hammertime3jg2ny.jpg

JayFro

Banned
iceDragon7 said:

Hey I apologize for not making our game time at 9:45pm but I was pretty much told at the last second I had to work an extra hour and that's why I wasn't on live. I just got home and I'm eating dinner. Can you play in 25 minutes? (11pm)

JayFro

JayFro said:
Hey I apologize for not making our game time at 9:45pm but I was pretty much told at the last second I had to work an extra hour and that's why I wasn't on live. I just got home and I'm eating dinner. Can you play in 25 minutes? (11pm)

JayFro

Wait...11pm Pacific?
Oh wait...25 minutes isnt 11 pm for me nevermind. I would have left work early to get our game in. Nah Ill wait tommorow morning or whatever time your up or off work to get our game in.

JayFro

Banned
iceDragon7 said:
Wait...11pm Pacific?
Oh wait...25 minutes isnt 11 pm for me nevermind. I would have left work early to get our game in. Nah Ill wait tommorow morning or whatever time your up or off work to get our game in.

So did you forget we had a game setup? I get done with work tomorrow night 10pm central time, I can play at 11pm central time aka 9pm pacific. Let's get this thing done.

JayFro

JayFro said:
So did you forget we had a game setup? I get done with work tomorrow night 10pm central time, I can play at 11pm central time aka 9pm pacific. Let's get this thing done.

JayFro

Yeah I corrected the TUESDAY with Wednesday earlier in this thread. That was my bad. We can play anytime tommorow though since its my day off.

JayFro

Banned
iceDragon7 said:
Yeah I corrected the TUESDAY with Wednesday earlier in this thread. That was my bad. We can play anytime tommorow though since its my day off.

So is 9pm pacific good?

JayFro

newsguy

Hey Slo, I'm still at work. I'll bring the xbox to work tomorrow and we can play at 8:00. It has to be exactly at that time though cause it's in between the shows we do.

Matrix

DA BEARS GOIN DOWN! I already payed off the refs Bob,Carr went to work :( Anything for the team.
carr_laird.jpg

05_nfl_bears_85x85_L.gif
(10-6)

@

05_nfl_texans_85x85_R.gif
(11-5)

Matrix

Malleymal said:
should be fun!!!!!!!!!!
I am very happy to be playing ando!!!!!
let me know what works for you Bitch

:lol

You rule Malley.

newsguy, you may still have a shot at the playoffs.

these matchups are not set in stone guys. i am still going through the massive headache that is the official NFL tiebreaker rules, and i have yet to figure it all out. answers will be here tomorrow

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
newsguy, you may still have a shot at the playoffs.

these matchups are not set in stone guys. i am still going through the massive headache that is the official NFL tiebreaker rules, and i have yet to figure it all out. answers will be here tomorrow

Whoa how in the heck would newsguy make it in? Not that I wouldnt want him in,stand up guy,but this is getting bizzare.

Also DM telling me he has a chance at making it in with his bleh record is just a big wtf moment,the NFC should be ashamed of themselves:p,well except CK and FMT.

alright, i have it figured out and things are staying as they are.

reason being is the new nfl rules, which were instituted when the league switched formats, doesn't fit our league because we don't have 4 divisions. this would make the divisional elimination of weakest contender pointless.

so what i'm doing is saying ando beat malley, malley beat bob, bob beat newsguy. simple as that. playoffs will move forward as i have them.

i'm sorry to get your hopes up newsguy, this shit is confusing. i'm sure leaguedaddy had it correct anyways, but i haven't gotten a response from glenn (owner).

playball ladies!

Top Bottom