• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
Season ending awards will be done (obviously) shortly after the season is over. I've been really busy and haven't had the urge to do the week 15 awards (week 16 is almost done too)
I guess if people demand them we can do week 16 ones, but in trying to get the season done, week 15 will be overlooked.

Right now the rankings don't matter much anyway ;p You're either in the playoffs or you're not ;) We will have year end rankings I think, and season 2 preseason rankings for sure, unlike in season 1 when we didn't do that.

Also, team selection will probably open up as soon as everyone is done playing, so there's another incentive to finish your games.
You can all rest assured that NFC offensive player of the week was LaMont Jordan, though. :D

DJ_Tet

Banned
So what's the story on playoff gate?

Fairly, it should be Matrix that takes the Panthers for the last game, however, I'm just waiting for FMT or Fiddy to make a ruling.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG King.

Carr ended the season wtih a geat game....finally,hopefully that carries over to the playoffs.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, it's going to literally come down to the game between azyuma and coldblooded to see who gets into the playoffs. here are some of the possibilities in the league:

IF azyuma beats cold:

* azyuma and gunstar get into the playoffs. coldblooded is out because it comes down to record against common opponents. Azyuma would be the #5 seed, philly the #6.

IF coldblooded beats azyuma:

* cb and gunstar are in the playoffs. azyuma is out.

IF the cowboys win and the seahawks lose:

* the cowboys win the division and are the #3 seed

If the cowboys lose or the seahawks win:

* Seahawks win the division, #3 seed

it's coming down to it!

So I am in the playoffs no matter what?

Fifty

Matrix says he'll be really busy for the next two days so unless HG can play tonight, Tet using the Panthers is the best option. I see how it makes sense to have Matrix use them one last time, but because of his schedule I'm not going to delay the league for this. I've played Tet and he's much better with the Panthers than Matrix is, so this wouldn't give anyone a disadvantage playing the Panthers.

If HG can play tonight, he'll play Matrix

If he can't, he should play Tet

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I can play late tonight HG if you are around,aim is adoubledg...contact me on that.

DJ_Tet

Banned
That works for me, Lonestar's just mad cause he whooped me in preseason ;)

Anyway, I probably can't play tonight after the game anyway, so if you guys can get your game in tonight that's great. Otherwise let me know when you can play tomorrow HG.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
nah, was just saying. It won't matter anyway. I plan on losing to Cloudy anyway. With the amount of people that missed games, left, took over, any real record is kinda screwy anyway. Mine especially. How many people have taken over the Patriots? I've played Jayfro twice this year, with different teams.

hgplayer1

gg matrix. i was robbed. why do you fuckers continue to start throwing bombs at the end of the game when you could just kneel it and end the game? damn after all the bitching and still people do it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
hgplayer1 said:
gg matrix. i was robbed. why do you fuckers continue to start throwing bombs at the end of the game when you could just kneel it and end the game? damn after all the bitching and still people do it.

:lol :lol :lol Damn i always take a knee or a HB dive play

Matrix

GG,but ummmm I was giving you a chance to int it cause I felt bad about you getting fucked over and I threw them out of bounds anyway...geez I wasnt trying to score on you.

Take it easy man.

hgplayer1

Matrix said:
GG,but ummmm I was giving you a chance to int it cause I felt bad about you getting fucked over and I threw them out of bounds anyway...geez I wasnt trying to score on you.

Take it easy man.

well gee thanks but it doesnt feel like someone giving me a chance to get an INT it feels like some idiot trying to move the ball still. i think i had more than enough chances in the game to score anyway. did the astros winning that game the other night drive you loco?

Matrix

hgplayer1 said:
well gee thanks but it doesnt feel like someone giving me a chance to get an INT it feels like some idiot trying to move the ball still. i think i had more than enough chances in the game to score anyway. did the astros winning that game the other night drive you loco?

Yea this is why I didnt want to play you.

I swear the more some of you people bitch about stupid shit,the more Im closer to not playing in season 2.I have tried to be a good guy this season,even taking over a team I didnt need to play with and I havent ran the score up on anyone and this is the shit I get.

You can take it however you want to take it,I find you loco,passing on 3rd down on my 2 yardline with like 20 seconds left when you were running pretty well and could have tied it.

hgplayer1

Malleymal said:
hahahahahahahahahah this is classic ... HG is trying to hard for this oscar..

nah this isnt as bad as the DJDemon thing its just that when you lose a game on one of the last plays of the game where you had a guy wide open but your QB gets hit so it floats into a DBs hands and the game is over, the last thing I want to do is see passes being thrown down field and just throw my frustration over the top.

hgplayer1

Matrix said:
Yea this is why I didnt want to play you.

I swear the more some of you people bitch about stupid shit,the more Im closer to not playing in season 2.I have tried to be a good guy this season,even taking over a team I didnt need to play with and I havent ran the score up on anyone and this is the shit I get.

You can take it however you want to take it,I find you loco,passing on 3rd down on my 2 yardline with like 20 seconds left when you were running pretty well and could have tied it.

dude all you had to do was freaking kneel the ball or just let the clock run out after you ran that one play and i didnt call time out. how hard is that to understand? arent we playing a sim league here? how many teams would you see in the NFL with the game in hand start heaving the ball down field? its sweet that you felt sorry for me but where were you the other 8 games I lost?

Fifty

142223.jpg

Matrix

hgplayer1 said:
dude all you had to do was freaking kneel the ball or just let the clock run out after you ran that one play and i didnt call time out. how hard is that to understand? arent we playing a sim league here? how many teams would you see in the NFL with the game in hand start heaving the ball down field? its sweet that you felt sorry for me but where were you the other 8 games I lost?

Whatever dude,Im done fighting about something sooooooo stupid.Maybe you should just play the game over against DJ and he can kneel the ball on you.

So many people and their issues with either kneeling,running the clock out etc etc I cant keep up with everyones wishes and thats the last time I will ever feel sorry for you,trust me,I didnt know I would get called out on it.

newsguy

Slo said:
We'll have to plan for tommorrow newsguy, I'm going to bed.

Sorry Slo, I had to shoot the Heat/Spurs Katrina relief game. I just got home. Let me know on IM tomorrow what time you can play. I can play before 2pm and again at midnight.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I don't think anyone should even expect a kneel until the last minute. And I think it should be mandatory when the other team doesn't have any more timeouts left and the clock is under 30 seconds.

FMT should make that a rule. That way people know what to expect at the end of a game.

But if the offensive team takes a knee and the defensive team calls a timeout then the game is still on the offensive team has the right to do whatever they want.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmm, I think I'm becoming the Slo/CK of this years season. Even when not directly involved in the SOAP OPERA, I'm the cause. I'm the Kryptonite, dammit!

Slo

newsguy said:
Sorry Slo, I had to shoot the Heat/Spurs Katrina relief game. I just got home. Let me know on IM tomorrow what time you can play. I can play before 2pm and again at midnight.

Midnight Eastern? Ok. Let's plan for that. But if you can play earlier than that, I'd really appreciate it. I've got to work tommorrow morning at 7:00 Central.

Or....Matrix could take over my team for me and try to run up the score on you. Cause that's how he do.

Matrix

Slo said:
Or....Matrix could take over my team for me and try to run up the score on you. Cause that's how he do.

:lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
newsguy said:

"Shoot"?????

newsguy

Slo said:
Midnight Eastern? Ok. Let's plan for that. But if you can play earlier than that, I'd really appreciate it. I've got to work tommorrow morning at 7:00 Central.

:lol I can play now, anytime before about 2:30pm if you can. After that I go to work and I won't be home till midnight eastern. Sorry if that's too late, that's actually the reason I gotta skip season 2, my schedule is all fucked.

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
I don't think anyone should even expect a kneel until the last minute. And I think it should be mandatory when the other team doesn't have any more timeouts left and the clock is under 30 seconds.

FMT should make that a rule. That way people know what to expect at the end of a game.

But if the offensive team takes a knee and the defensive team calls a timeout then the game is still on the offensive team has the right to do whatever they want.
There has been times, although not in leauge becuase i'm really never in position to close a game out, where i have ran a couple of running plays instead of kneels...i rather have a couple of more yards rushing than negative yards with the QB. I will run a couple of runs, drain the clock and on 3rd i will kneel...i will try really hard not to pass...depends on how i have been treated throughout the game...if you piss me off with tactics...i will show you up...it's the unwritten rule of sports.

DCX

Fifty

I have no idea what to do at the end of a game if there's hardly any time left (hard to come up with a time remaining number now)....Because everyone seems to have a different opinion on it. I've run the clock down before and the person I've been playing has wanted me to run plays, and then sometimes I've run plays and they've wanted me to kneel down.

I think the best way to handle it is to kneel the ball down with 2 minutes or less remaining if you're up by 2 scores very late (still don't have that magic number yet) in the game..and if the person who's losing wants to keep playing instead of just waiting around for 2 minutes, they can call a timeout letting the other person know that's what they want. If they have no timeouts, which they might not, I guess they're fucked.

Slo

newsguy said:
:lol I can play now, anytime before about 2:30pm if you can. After that I go to work and I won't be home till midnight eastern. Sorry if that's too late, that's actually the reason I gotta skip season 2, my schedule is all fucked.

Shit, I dunno man. If you sign on EXACTLY at 11:00 Central then I can be in bed by 12:00. If it goes much later than that....I dunno.

Are there still playoff implications for this game?

newsguy

Slo said:
Shit, I dunno man. If you sign on EXACTLY at 11:00 Central then I can be in bed by 12:00. If it goes much later than that....I dunno.

Are there still playoff implications for this game?

Amazingly... yes. FMT informed me that if bob loses and I win, I'm in. Of course I'm not getting my hopes up as I know you're a master in the Madden universe and myself a novice.

Slo

Yeah right. Master? More like the world's biggest poser. I've just been incredibly lucky. I don't know why I even bother playing this stuff, seems kinda hopeless. If I could I'd just play in coach mode and "Ask Madden" every play. Atleast then I could blame the game's AI when I get blown out by 70 points. Regardless, I'll show up at 11:00. I just hope I remember how to turn my Xbox on, some days I can't even do that right. ;_;

newsguy

Slo said:
[CK]Yeah right. Master? More like the world's biggest poser. I've just been incredibly lucky. I don't know why I even bother playing this stuff, seems kinda hopeless. If I could I'd just play in coach mode and "Ask Madden" every play. Atleast then I could blame the game's AI when I get blown out by 70 points. Regardless, I'll show up at 11:00. I just hope I remember how to turn my Xbox on, some days I can't even do that right. ;_;[/CK]

fixed

Ramirez

LoL,man I can't even take this game serious anymore...

I've got the game won,hit Randle El for the FG set up play,catches it,fumbles,Bob recovers...so yea Bob goes 3 and out and throws what should have been 2 INTs,hit my dudes right on the hands,and they were basically the only person around...so he punts,I throw a pick where his Safety comes from the other side of the field to pick it,ridiculous...then he drives down,fumbles,and of course he recovers it and kicks the FG to win :lol

Fifty

Ok, so newsguy......you're out of the playoffs. Have fun in your final game! ;)

Also, the AFC playoff picture is clear

Byes: Fifty and Ice

Round 1 matchups:

Denver at Houston

Chicago at Kansas

Don't play your games yet....We want to wait till the league has advanced, or at least until there's one meaningless game left and the entire playoff picture has been decided. Our patience is what makes this league #1

Slo

Since this game basically doesn't mean anything anymore, would it be ok to play it tommorrow? Newsguy, woudl that work better for you? I'm really not looking forward to this tonight, but I thought the playoffs were dependant on our game....

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Fifty said:
Ok, so newsguy......you're out of the playoffs. Have fun in your final game! ;)

Also, the AFC playoff picture is clear

Byes: Fifty and Ice

Round 1 matchups:

Denver at Houston

Chicago at Kansas

Don't play your games yet....We want to wait till the league has advanced, or at least until there's one meaningless game left and the entire playoff picture has been decided. Our patience is what makes this league #1

So wait how is that seeded?? I need to know who Bob is going to play after he whoops this trick!!!

Fifty

All I'm posting now is the first round matchups for the AFC. FMT will go into specifics later but the seeds are 3vs6 and 4vs5 You're the 4th seed, malley, so you play Bob. Even if I wanted to tell everyone how the second round will work (NFL style) I forget. Look for yourself to find out for sure :D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i get it now... so I errr.. bob will go on to face Ice in the second round IF Matrix wins,

BUT

IF Ando wins then Ice gets that number 6 seed Mofo and the winner of our game(bob) will go on to get chewed up by you(fifty) ok now i get it!!!! thanks man you rox the cox of damien...

Mrbob

Oh god....

I make the playoffs only to be able to get obliterated by the Chiefs a third time this year due to my lack of offense.

That game was crazy Ramirez. It seemed like I stole FMTs gameshark in the 4th quarter there. I put Benson is the game for one fucking play and the bitch fumbles the ball away. I'm not playing that mofo again. I thought I was gonna get fucked by the game after your first td pass though on the third play of the game. That was crazy too. Throw it deep in safety zone coverage, with two receivers of yours in the same area. My safety is right in front of the ball, goes for the int, it bounces off his hands and into the hands of your other WR and you get a 70 yard td bomb. I truly thought the game was over after that play. But then I got the kickoff return for a TD on the next play. I thought that fumble on Ward in the 4th was sweet though 'cause I hit sticked him. ;) It was a last gasp of desperation to try and lodge the ball out because if he went down with the ball the game would have been over.

Matrix

Oh joy at my first round matchup.

Mrbob

Yeah I know it looks like I fucked everything up by winning. By the responses it seems like everyone thought I was going to lose my last game. Motivation time? :)

*Loses 47-2*

Ramirez

LoL,yea it was crazy from the outset,just one of those games I guess.

No more Steelers for me next season,I just can't play with them this year :(

Top Bottom