• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official PSP Online Gaming Thread

Shadax

Banned
OK, to anyone with a PSP, a wireless router and infrastructure-compatible games, use this thread to matchmake. Also post your PSP's nickname (as I assume it is the equivalent of a Gamertag).

Current Online (Wi-Fi Infrastructure) PSP Games:

Twisted Metal: Head-On
Wayne Gretzky NHL
NBA 2006
MLB 2006
ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails

Poster/PSP Nickname

Shadax/DJ Demon J
Lonestar/LonestarGA
Flying Llama/Lancelet Pink
Jim/Jim Gaming Age
Musashi Wins!/MusashiWins!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I haven't looked, but is Wipeout Pure infrastructure? I tried looking, and it never finds anything.

LonestarGA is the PSP name

number386

cool, signing on now, be warned I'm a noob. :lol

OK, I'm creating a room in the east named GAF, so hop on in. Feel free to join GAF lurkers.

LOL we postwed at the same time, I'll join your game.

Shadax

Banned
Flying Llama said:
cool, signing on now, be warned I'm a noob. :lol

Me too....hey, I'll create a game called GAF, join that...doesn't seem to be a player search option in this game. :(

Shadax

Banned
I keep getting booted off....I know my signal isn't the strongest where I am, but still....anyone else having problems?

number386

Shadax said:
I keep getting booted off....I know my signal isn't the strongest where I am, but still....anyone else having problems?

Yeah I though you were in the game there were 6 people, next thing I know there are only 2 players in the game. What location are you in?

Shadax

Banned
I'm at home, downstairs. The connection is about 65%, should be plenty to work (my PC works fine at this location wirelessly). Maybe it's because I have asynchronous options on for the game (to allow in-game join by other players)?

Edit: Got it to work, played for about 30 seconds against a guy then I got connection failed again. :(

number386

Shadax said:
I'm at home, downstairs. The connection is about 65%, should be plenty to work (my PC works fine at this location wirelessly). Maybe it's because I have asynchronous options on for the game (to allow in-game join by other players)?

Edit: Got it to work, played for about 30 seconds against a guy then I got connection failed again. :(

You want to try head to head 2 player? Mayb the connection will be better,

GAF
Password: NEO

Shadax

Banned
ggs Llama and Jim C! Haven't seen you around in a long time Jim. :D

TM:HO is a lot of fun, more fun than I expected!

Jim

Hah.. yah! I lurk.. The forum is way too distracting, so I stay out usually. Now the PSP is doing the distracting :)

Trying to get some quick play time in at work.. boss is out of the office right this sec

number386

Awseome games, DJ demon J, and Jim-Gaming-age. I just found my new car and it's thumper the pink cadillac, gonna get some grub to to eat I'll be back later. To bad Sony didn't include a built in mic like the DS that would of kicked so much ass for online play.

Shadax

Banned
Flying Llama said:
Awseome games, DJ demon J, and Jim-Gaming-age. I just found my new car and it's thumper the pink cadillac, gonna get some grub to to eat I'll be back later. To bad Sony didn't include a built in mic like the DS that would of kicked so much ass for online play.

That may have caused problems for the rest of the world when us crazy gamers are yelling "SUCK IT DOWN BITCH!" or "You guys get the hostages and meet me at the exit!" at their PSPs on the train or in a Starbucks. :lol

Soul4ger

Little help. It detects my network connection, I get on, and when I try to enter a name and password, it says "ATTEMPT FAILED." What's goin' down?

number386

Shadax said:
That may have caused problems for the rest of the world when us crazy gamers are yelling "SUCK IT DOWN BITCH!" or "You guys get the hostages and meet me at the exit!" at their PSPs on the train or in a Starbucks. :lol

That would be hilarious, using headphones would solve the cursing/lewdness issue. Although people may think your bonkers when you talk to your PSP :lol

Soul4ger said:
Little help. It detects my network connection, I get on, and when I try to enter a name and password, it says "ATTEMPT FAILED." What's goin' down?

Not sure it worked for me, when I did it. Did you try the network test on the network settings?

Soul4ger

Flying Llama said:
Not sure it worked for me, when I did it. Did you try the network test on the network settings?

I'll do that right now.
Is that the thing just to create the wireless LAN connection? I made one for my house. It detected my wireless router and stuff. It has all the information and shit. What's the encryption thing for? I'm just using "none." Could that be a problem?
Did the test. It worked fine. Gave me all the data.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
It could be a problem if you don't want people leeching your wireless. Just go to your router page and set up a code (if I'm understanding you right).

Mine is MusashiWins! (for ease of use!)

I'll hop on and try to get mine working later (and set it up at work tomorrow).

number386

^ Same here for Twisted Metal I can get on the lobby but I cant connect to games, which is wierd because I got on just fine earlier today and played some games.

And when did they make the driver of Thumper a girl? Guess it doesn't really matter, to bad they took out his flamethrower that kicked ass.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
picked up twisted metal, and surprised at how well it runs. tried online once, and got to the lobby, but the one game I tried failed to connect.

jwang

the "WLAN Power Save" option is under System Settings > Power Save Settings. it defaults to ON, which means the PSP will turn off the wireless transmitter from time to time (to save power).

WLAN Power Save only affects Infrastructure mode (Internet) connections through a wireless router/access point. turn this option OFF to improve your connectivity. from another PC on the same wireless network, you can continously ping your PSP before and after this change to see the difference it makes.

go forth and tell other online PSP players to do the same.

Yep, turning off the WLAN power save option made my connection a lot better. Thanks for the tip. Been playing online this afternoon and enjoying it quite a bit. PSP rocks!

BTW, my online handle is Kung Fu Jedi. Hope to see you guys online.

Oh yeah, and TM is great, but I seem to be the guy who dishes out the most damage, but doesn't quite finish the job. :) Must practice!

Top Bottom