• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.
KuroNeeko said:
I'm not sure what they were aiming for in Fei Long's case...

I imagine it's something like this -

1) Fei throws out a rekka; it's blocked.

Now would Fei keep throwing out rekkas to push an opponent back into the corner? Is there a way for the opponent to throw out a reversal? If so, then Fei can throw out the counter between the first and second rekka, or follow with a second rekka to make the opponent think there will be a third and then throw out the counter.

Either way, the opponent will probably be reluctant to counter because he knows Fei has his U2. So you get to push the opponent back into the corner for free. Or if the Rekka hits then you can just combo into the rekkas since they're all safe past the first one if you hit, right?

I don't know Fei Long at all so is this not the case? ;.;

Sometimes fei's rekka is safe on block, sometimes it's not safe (-5 or so) and can be jab punished into a combo. Sometimes it's at negative frames, but not completely punishable except for maybe 0 frame reversals.

I think what they're implying is something along the lines of when you're at frame disadvantage after a rekka, but not so negative that your opponent can get a hard counter, perform the reversal ultra since the opponent won't know how negative you are. If they're pressing buttons because they think you were at -5 or so, but really at -2 then you'll get caught by the ultra since most jabs are 3-4 frames.

If you gotta throw out a hail mary in order to land your ultra then you know it sucks lol.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
If they gave gen his A2 crouching fierce- I can see some LOL damage. Gen crouch fierce in A2 did 25% on CH, but he took massive damage if he got hit out of it.

def sim

So counter ultra's are effective if you do reverse frame traps? That's a bit risky, kinda silly too.

All you really have to do is not push buttons too much.

KuroNeeko said:
I don't have much experience with any of these characters so bear with me on some of the terminology.

Reposting from previous page since I've finished. Will delete previous post.

Woah, thanks for this.

Hopefully Cammy's spin knuckle isn't useless now.

rance said:
So counter ultra's are effective if you do reverse frame traps? That's a bit risky, kinda silly too.

All you really have to do is not push buttons too much.

The problem with this is the game is faster offense once again means something so reversal ultra can and will happen

It's strange how the blog acknowledges posts outside of the Japanese community, considering the blogs themselves are written only in Japanese. If it weren't for SRK (or KuroNeeko in this case), we'd probably wouldn't get such quick translations.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
If the counter ultras do 75% at max potential- they'll have a use, at least as a threat.

They should be the most damaging ultras in game to balance them out.

BitchTits

Thanks for the translations KuroNeeko.

The Rose and Gen changes got me itching to try them both out. All the stuff about Gen being nerfed seems irrelevant to me since I never used mk-hands. Sounds like his jump arc will take some getting used to, but don't think that will be a problem. New Ultras also sound a lot more useful than I had first imagined too. Ditto Rose.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I wish the music from the Third Strike character reveal trailer was in the game too. That was some good shit. Don't want to see it go to waste.

arstal said:
If the counter ultras do 75% at max potential- they'll have a use, at least as a threat.

They should be the most damaging ultras in game to balance them out.

They're not. Ryu's Shin Shoryuken is stronger iirc.

Arde5643

DryEyeRelief said:
They're not. Ryu's Shin Shoryuken is stronger iirc.
Contrary to previous opinion, Ryu's Metsu Shoryuken might actually be a useful ultra in Super with how his SRK priority and trade ultra have been nerfed.

Saw some people playing Ryu hitting it off almost any jump-ins and that thing hits like a ton of bricks.
Won't be surprised to see more option selects of that thing to catch backdashers.

God's Beard said:
When you fail a combo, but try to pick it back up and throw out another attack. Basically means you're a shit player that can't do his own combos. Capcom says that if you fuck up, just throw out the counter and hopefully they try to punish your mistake.

I agree this is a bad idea. Top level players will know what combos your character can pull off and will also know if your combo stops (deliberately or because you messed up), and won't fall for a punish bait like that.

This is one of the reasons dudley's cross counter is almost never used in high level sf3s tourney play.

mrslippery

Neo Member
Just pre-ordered from amazon.
I noticed some other folk mentioning scrub matches. I am pretty new but only on ps3, any new psn players shoud contect me.

psn - js0nik

gutabo

Ok just came back after playing some SSF4. I was mostly focused in Honda, so I have some things to say about him(regarding some info I heard before):
- His ultra2 can't be jumped after the ultra flash. It has crap range tho.
- Buttslams seem to have the same recovery as in vainilla. I used Ryu's Shoryuken as a reversal(after blocking the buttslam) and it only hit the HK version so if Ryu's srk still has 3 frames of startup, that means that LK, MK and EX buttslams have a maximum of 2 frames of recovery. Something seemed different about the buttslams(the air movement? couldn't pinpoint it).
- Ultra1 seemed to have the same amount of projectile invincibility as vainilla.
- Seems like he deals the same amount of damage as before. Playing against Sagat I hit him with a HP headbutt as he was throwing a high tiger shot to me. Seemed like he did little damage and the damage honda did was like four times more. It was awesome.

The new characters were great, T Hawk is a monster, counter ultras are a joke, Dee Jay's ultra1 can be beaten after startup by so many things it's not funny, he's still a blast to play but not as much as dudley. Now the wait is going to be unbereable...

AkumaHokoru said:
The problem with this is the game is faster offense once again means something so reversal ultra can and will happen
Unrelated question, but is the Ustream footage being recorded? Missed a few hours of it yesterday and currently it seems pretty choppy 'cause I'm watching from a different continent.

Garcian

I really can't focus on any other games at the mo - I'm desperately trying to play through Arkham Asylum before next week, but my attention keeps wandering onto thoughts of SSFIV. If only Batman could silent takedown > FADC > batarang bonanza or something.

gutabo said:
- Seems like he deals the same amount of damage as before.

From what I can tell, the only difference is neutral jump fierce went from 140-120.

jab xx hands, super, etc. etc. all still do the same damage

Haeleos

As a scrubby Gen player, I wish they had taken hands->MK out completely and gave us a replacement, It's way too difficult to do to call it a bread and butter combo. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they gave him much in return for taking it away. I'm still going to play him though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Haeleos said:
As a scrubby Gen player, I wish they had taken hands->MK out completely and gave us a replacement, It's way too difficult to do to call it a bread and butter combo. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they gave him much in return for taking it away. I'm still going to play him though.
Wishing Yeb a mental breakdown its not cool man.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
huh, i wonder if sakuras faster hado makes cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mk, hado an actual combo now.

thanks for the translation kuro.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Could someone confirm this?:

-Adon can link after his f+MP overhead.
-Can link after Jaguar Kick.
-He is better than Sagat.
-Lolkoto lolz.

gutabo

RS4- said:
Gutabo, I've jumped out of Honda u2 after the flash.
Are you sure? We went to training mode to test the buttslam recovery and the ultra 2 thing, and I couldn't jump after the flash, even holding up... Well we won't be able to test it again until friday :(

Wiseblade

Fersis said:

-Lolkoto lolz.

Link what exactly? I want to play him and Hakan mostly on Friday now that I've confirmed Fuerte's awesomeness. I don't really know how to use him, so any advice would be appreciated.

Also, I'd wait until the game is out before writing off LolMakoto. I'm looking forward to seeing what Mullah does with her at the Day 2 tournament in London (if he goes, that is.)

zlatko

Banned
Fersis said:

-Lolkoto lolz.

From what I saw in the training stages they did with Adon over at the Teamspooky stream he can def. link a lot more stuff than people had given him credit for. UNFORTUNATELY, it's all REALLY hard to do. The timing is just atrocious, so it'll take a really good player to get the links to stick.

He is not better than Sagat. I mean he IS if you play a terrible Sagat sure, but if we had the best Sagat player in the world go up against the best Adon in the world at Evo, then Adon would have a difficult time to say the least.

Makoto is NOT crap either. Chris Hu repped her the other day and she has potential. Both of her ultras are very viable and depending on who you face you'll most likely switch up which one to use.

Still way too early to call Tiers stuff. At this point the only 100% confirmation is that Gen will be bottom tier. :lol

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
The Gouken impressions have been so fuckin sad.

Dive Kick no longer over-head ....in other words "No WorriZ!!! Old man Is Flippin 4 Ur entertainment!!!"
damage nerfs on fireballs, st. FP and a bunch of normals

...i think im droppin a character here. Meh, got enough on my plate anyways.

Fersis

I just joke about Makoto to troll Dizzy-4U. :lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Does ustream archive shit? The stream is basically just audio for me so I'd love it if I could watch some stuff from a couple of hours ago or something at least... ;_;

Brobzoid said:
Does ustream archive shit? The stream is basically just audio for me so I'd love it if I could watch some stuff from a couple of hours ago or something at least... ;_;
Ustream will archive only if the user chooses to record.

Just preordered this on Amazon.

Between this and the MVC3 news, I'm hyped as fuck for fighting again.

From all the reading I've done in this thread since it was created, I'm going to have to leave Blanka behind in Super though. :(

captmcblack said:
Just preordered this on Amazon.

Between this and the MVC3 news, I'm hyped as fuck for fighting again.

From all the reading I've done in this thread since it was created, I'm going to have to leave Blanka behind in Super though. :(
I hope it's not just because a vocal minority loathes him. Play your character for you, not for someone else :)

zlatko

Banned
Brobzoid said:
woe is me. I'll suckle some sustenance out of the justin.tv archives then. ;_;

There is a work around I found that works. Go to the team spooky website and not their ustream page. On their site if you click on live streams you can watch it there and it'll be lagless hopefully. That's how I got it to work without lag after trying 5+ refreshes on ustream.

It's effed up that site is a joke honestly. I mean earlier I watched 4hrs no lag on Ustream. Come back 1hr later and it wouldn't work. I know it's not my net, but it's def that joke site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom