• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 has gone gold

"game is gonna be shit anyway, why should they celebrate?" was pretty much what you were saying. I wouldn't buy a game if I knew it was going to be a "4/10 lol", but do your thing.

well gaming is sort of like a major hobby for me, so even though i suspect a game might suck, there's now way im going to miss out on experiencing a major sony exclusive release, unless its apart of a genre i generally dislike, The Order may surprise me, the way Driveclub did, i was often critical of Driveclub, hell i still am, but i still layed down 60$ to play it myself, so that way while im talking shit about a certain game on the internet, i at least do it with experience

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
well gaming is sort of like a major hobby for me, so even though i suspect a game might suck, there's now way im going to miss out one experiencing a major sony exclusive release, unless its apart of a genre i generally dislike, The Order may surprise me, the way Driveclub did, i was often critical of Driveclub, hell i still am, but i still layed down 60$ to play it myself, so that way while im talking shit about a certain game on the internet, i at least do it with experience

You can't think of a cheaper way to play games that you expect to dislike?

Floridian

well gaming is sort of like a major hobby for me, so even though i suspect a game might suck, there's now way im going to miss out on experiencing a major sony exclusive release, unless its apart of a genre i generally dislike, The Order may surprise me, the way Driveclub did, i was often critical of Driveclub, hell i still am, but i still layed down 60$ to play it myself, so that way while im talking shit about a certain game on the internet, i at least do it with experience

Okay and I respect that, but they clearly worked hard on the game, so it's not fair yet to downplay their work when it, like you said, could surprise you in a positive way. I don't know how it's going to turn out either but that's why i'm waiting on reviews for it.

You can't think of a cheaper way to play games that you expect to dislike?

nah i dislike renting, i don't know why, what i usually do is play it, beat it, if i like it, i keep it, if i dont i sell it on ebay, i use to just trade in at gamestop, but i figured out how much they actually rape you lol

why wont best buy let me switch my pre-order to instore pickup :(

i've never had a game they didn't have available at release for instore pickup wtf best buy!

Anway i apologize for coming in here kicking up dust with that comment, shouldve kept it to myself an in hindsight it was just asking for trouble, lets hope the order proves me wrong!

so what are they going to do for the next month? im guessing
chopping out parts of the game to sell as the dlc pack?
maybe we might be able to get it early. hasnt that happened recently with some other first party sony games?

???

Let's see:

Knack - no
Killzone Shadow Fall - no
Infamous Second Son - no
LBP 3 - don't honestly know
DriveClub - no

You're gonna need some evidence else you're talking bollocks.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I hope this game is at least decent. I do enjoy my chest high wall fake movies.

I love that genre. Seriously, how often do we get really satisfying, chunky chest high wall movies? Probably like one a year if that. There is a real place in the market for cinematic experiences with tried and true gameplay and mindblowing graphics.

Though I do wonder how this got greenlit without multiplayer.

nib95

Banned

The reason some took an eye brow to your post was not because of any of that. You were essentially ridiculing Ready at Dawn for celebrating the completion of a game they've been working tirelessly for years on, based on a pre-emptive and yet completely unfounded notion that the game is of 4/10 quality. Not the most tactful thing…

Moving on.

Anyone know if there is a steelbook for this game?

QaaQer

I love that genre. Seriously, how often do we get really satisfying, chunky chest high wall movies? Probably like one a year if that. There is a real place in the market for cinematic experiences with tried and true gameplay and mindblowing graphics.

By shaving 30% off the budget. I like the fact Sony makes AA games.

ron_bato

Congratulations to RAD for all their hard work! Very much looking forward to the 20th!

New trailer with some new footage (very few) mixed with fan reactions (and their preorder stuff)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN7Yb1efyU8

edit: That arc rifle is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttt!

Didn't want to hijack the gone gold thread so just created a new one for the trailer.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Do you want Gaf's waifu to cut you? VGchartzzzzz is just guess work, don't rely on them for anything.

Their numbers are wrong, it will do very well out the gate and unless it gets a horrible word of mouth the casuals are all in. Going to be interesting to see if it has legs. Waiting to see which set piece they decide to show and how heavy handed they are with their release/launch trailer.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood

I think they are going for the Uncharted release model. First concentrate to get the foundation of the the singleplayer right in the first game. After that built and expand on that in the sequels. I am sure we will get multiplayer in further installments (if those get greenlighted off course).

Anyway I am genuinely rooting for this game, please don't suck! I must admit tho that it hasn't made the strongest impression on me till now, oh well I hope for the best!

nib95

Banned
Congratulations to RAD for all their hard work! Very much looking forward to the 20th!

New trailer with some new footage (very few) mixed with fan reactions (and their preorder stuff)

Lots of new gameplay here, but they've edited it in such a way that you don't get to see the full impact of the arc rifle. I guess because it's too gory when it blows humans up lol.

Oh god those fan reactions...

"I've never been to London so this is really cool"
"I've never seen a guy from the year 1800 have a weapon from the year 3000"

Tambini

but that's the opposite of what you did when you said lol 4/10

Didn't want to hijack the gone gold thread so just created a new one for the trailer.

That Red outfit looks sexy on Galahad.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Well I don't really think it's an AA game (especially if they really have been working on it for almost 5 years!), and I don't think things like "THANK FUCK THERE'S NO MULTIPLAYER" without any basis, but whatever. I think RAD has an excellent track record and am happy for them.

I'm up for a TPS like this. I haven't seen too much but I did see a little bit of the actual gameplay and it looks okay. I just have to try it out myself now.

Have they said how big the download is?

De_Legend

Banned
Yeah, pretty sure it's going to have a sequel even though the first one isn't even out yet. The sequel will = Ucharted 2. Mind blown.

So if this game bombs commercialy and in terms of critics/reviews...Would Sony still support RAD for a sequel and spend money on this franchise.

KorrZ

I'm hoping to be wrong about this game, but I'm still worried about it tbh. Just waiting for the GAF impressions to decide whether to pick it up or not.

Top Bottom