• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
(;゚д゚) ・・・

I still don't get the arm though. The eye makes sense but Boss didn't have a fake arm. Unless it's just psychomantis trickery etc.

dh7PH.jpg

Psycho Mantis?

I could definitely go for a game that's solely devoted to Snake vs. Mantis

Holyshit! Nice spot. Makes sense considering the hallucinations.

It can't be really representative of Ground Zeroes though, since Big Boss never lost his left arm, and Psycho Mantis should be a toddler at the time of GZ.

Kusagari

The whale showed up around the same time as Psycho Mantis in the trailer.

Obviously symbolizing the mindfucks he brings.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Geoff talked about a trailer presenting some kind of puzzle during the pre-show, so duhhhhhhhh.

It can't be really representative of Ground Zeroes though, since Big Boss never lost his left arm, and Psycho Mantis should be a toddler at the time of GZ.

This must be ogre, which.. hum well he's said it's a different thing with real demons, now we've seen something which could be one of those demons. So presumably not GZ unless he was lying about that.
Mantis and snake-a-like could be clues/stand ins but I don't know what to think.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Now they know its Kojima/MGS everyone calling it shit are now going googly over it in the other thread LOL.

Arnie

So the mystery took us less than an hour to decipher.

Without a doubt it's Metal Gear, and Kojima, and some form of Snake, and magic.

Now they know its Kojima/MGS everyone calling it shit are now going googly over it in the other thread LOL.

It was just a 3 minute trailer of MGS4's microwave sequence. Not seeing what's so impressive here.

Kojima being behind it would give me some faith the project, but it really isn't a mindblowing trailer at all. If it's not a Kojima project well then pfft, whatever.

Kusagari

So the mystery took us less than an hour to decipher.

Without a doubt it's Metal Gear, and Kojima, and some form of Snake, and magic.

They didn't do a great job of hiding it considering the main character in the trailer IS Snake.

Geoff did say one of the trailers must be "deciphered" during the pre-show.

No doubt in my mind this is Kojima.

Edit: Blarg. I'm way too slow for the speed of this board right now.

A while ago on Twitter Kojima posted a picture of a doctor who was visiting from some university to supervise a medical scene they were mocapping. I assumed it was for Ground Zeroes, but...

NeoUltima

If something else Kojima is not premiered, then this must be his doing. Why else would he be attending the VGAs in person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom