• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The kis has a straight jacket and gas mask.

Since this game will be about child soldiers, I expect sniper wolf to be in it too.

I'll repost this anyway, I think it helps prove they're the same guy.
P85W3.gif

Hi guys, Ive been following NG for years and this thread is amazing, kudos to all of you guys! a lot of your ideas makes a lot of sense, but I cant help to notice something and I dindt want to keep it for myself (by the way sorry in advanced for my bad english, im from Chile).

This "Volgin guy" -for me- also looks like a damaged version of a MSF soldier wearing the combat suit from PW, I cant help to notice the kneepads and the overal color of the image (which can be influenced by the fire) but in the zoomed pic posted here, I see that he has no face features to say "looks like Volgin", except for the eyes of course, but it looks like he's wearing a mask (like the default solider masks from PW), thanks for your time :)

During Wolfs death speech in MGS1.
Metal20Gear20Solid20Big20Boss20Sala.jpg

Its where my username came from :D

EDIT: The context of the scene is basically Snake giving her a nice speech before she dies and she sees his resemblance to Big Boss (Saladin)

Right on! I though you were saying she gave Snake the name Big Boss. If Sniper Wolf appears in this game, I will go mental.

Hi guys, Ive been following NG for years and this thread is amazing, kudos to all of you guys! a lot of your ideas makes a lot of sense, but I cant help to notice something and I dindt want to keep it for myself (by the way sorry in advanced for my bad english, im from Chile).

This "Volgin guy" -for me- also looks like a damaged version of a MSF soldier wearing the combat suit from PW, I cant help to notice the kneepads and the overal color of the image (which can be influenced by the fire) but in the zoomed pic posted here, I see that he has no face features to say "looks like Volgin", except for the eyes of course, but it looks like he's wearing a mask (like the default solider masks from PW), thanks for your time :)

Man I hate Volgin. I hope it's anyone but him. Petulant child he is.

That horse could really be anyone on a rearing horse. But if it's in southern Cyprus I'd guess it would be to do with Greek history or myth. It might even have wings but I can't tell.

, but it looks like he's wearing a mask (like the default solider masks from PW), thanks for your time :)

Hm, never really connected it to those but it does look stretched over his face like that.

Salaadin

Right on! I though you were saying she gave Snake the name Big Boss. If Sniper Wolf appears in this game, I will go mental.

The theory of this being a game showing all of the FOXHOUND members is my favorite. I would love to go back and see Big Boss meeting Mantis, Raven, Wolf, and Octopus.
Mantis makes the most sense for this game but we do know that, at some point, Raven and Ocelot met in Russia. Wolf wasnt alive in the 70s and we dont know enough about Octopus to really say anything. Could be a good chance to give him a backstory.

Rapstah

I don't think there are any bronze equestrian statues on Cyprus in reality, so if it's supposed to be a reference to a real statue it's from somewhere else.

Very interesting that you brought that up. CVG has a great dissection of the trailer, with some images brightened up to see more clearly.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...railer-and-its-21-significant-metal-gear-ties

Clearer photo of the child in elevator:

Also, Horse Statue:

"Ramp up the exposure, and the horse statue looks similar to the statue of Saladin in Kerak, Jordan."

That was an interesting article. However, the author got one thing wrong: MG2 takes place in 1999, not 1997. In MGS4, Big Boss says to Snake that he awakened from his coma when Snake uploaded the worm cluster into GW, which was in the events of MGS2, which took place in 2009. So Big Boss' coma lasted 10 years, from 1999 to 2009.

That was an interesting article. However, the author got one thing wrong: MG2 takes place in 1999, not 1997. In MGS4, Big Boss says to Snake that he awakened from his coma when Snake uploaded the worm cluster into GW, which was in the events of MGS2, which took place in 2009. So Big Boss' coma lasted 10 years, from 1999 to 2009.

Big Boss has been in coma half of his life. :p

I'm sure it is, but the thing that confuses me is why go viral/ARG route with a game you already announced and showed gameplay and an extensive trailer for? Little silly, I think.

Fun thread though, Detective GAF is nuts.

Yeah this is the bit that I don't get. I'm ok with it being the same game now, I needed a lot of convincing.

Salaadin

I'm sure it is, but the thing that confuses me is why go viral/ARG route with a game you already announced and showed gameplay and an extensive trailer for? Little silly, I think.

Fun thread though, Detective GAF is nuts.

Honestly, Im glad they did this viral bit. A normal trailer would excite me but this viral stuff is so much more exciting. I get more and more hyped with every little discovery.

Big Boss has been in coma half of his life. :p

Ha, I know. :)

I really hope Kojima goes into detail regarding the Les Enfants Terribles project. We know the clones, Solid and Liquid, were born in 1972, which was confirmed in Peace Walker via the telephone conversation between Miller and Zero. What really bugs me though, is that there wasn't any other mention of it during the entire game. I mean, Big Boss was in a coma when that happened; one would think Kojima would have inserted some scene in which Big Boss talked about the events.

:sigh:

So many questions !! Arghh, Kojima, why must you torment me so !!!!

Ricky_R

Thanks to Kojima gaming gets interesting again. However, if it wasn't for the maniacs here looking for every single clue in his mysterious trailers, it wouldn't be even half as interesting.

Thanks GAF.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm dying to see what surprise they have for MGS fans next week.

Hanmik

the bandaged guy has a significant nose..

iqyE6yn1wpZZZ.jpg

and are those things (in the back at the left top) flamethrowers..?

i8NStGq5P6Cpo.jpg

so they are torching the hospital..?

and that floating kid has thin legs..

itN7010qHWY6d.jpg

Hanmik

Its a straitjacket for mental patients

I don´t think so.. it looks like a leather jacket.. probably given to him to keep him warm.. it looks like a leather jacket for a grown man that he is wearing.. a straight jacket is white (normaly) and has straps at the end of the "sleeves"..

Maybe Snake is going crazy and suffering from post traumatic stress disorder or something.

Its hard to tell who the flame guy is. Could be any character who wore a sneaking suite. Could be some evil version of himself Snake is hallucinating or any number of returning characters. Maybe its the devil and thats why the trailer says "am I in Hell?"

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why the hell is everyone calling him "Keifer"?Oo

His name is KIEFER Sutherland ffs.

I don´t think so.. it looks like a leather jacket.. probably given to him to keep him warm.. it looks like a leather jacket for a grown man that he is wearing.. a straight jacket is white (normaly) and has straps at the end of the "sleeves"..

I think it's a straight jacket. The sleeves are longer than the bottom of the coat. It's probably a soot covered straight jacket, which is how Mantis got into buckles, straps and bondage gear...

and are those things (in the back at the left top) flamethrowers..?

Some kind of anti tank warhead or some other kind of projectile held by a soldier behind the other.
SIgg0.jpg

I think someone posted a theory that one of the soldiers tries to attack the 'ogre' with an RPG when it appears, This would explain why there's damage and rubble in the corridor in one shot and not the other, also explains why he looks a bit miffed and rising up from something.

Oh no, he's definitely thin, but for some reason I thought you guys were only looking at the shadow part for bizarrely thin.

Ha, that really would be skinny. I think you outlined them right, legs being between the red lines.

Ok, I'm convinced, that's a child Psycho Mantis.
At this point I'm hoping that the theory about this filling in the story of Big Boss meeting up with the bosses from MGS1 turns out to be fact.
Burnt face guy with all the high tech misinformation from GZ trailer might be Decoy Octopus au natural then maybe?
Hoping for 3 more cryptic trailers for Raven, Wolf and Octopus (and/or Liquid maybe?).

Salaadin

I don't think there are any bronze equestrian statues on Cyprus in reality, so if it's supposed to be a reference to a real statue it's from somewhere else.

Im looking and looking for any hospitals that have equestrian statues outside of them but am coming up empty.

There's a statue of Alexander the great outside a hotel of the same name and a Turkish statue in the north but I don't think you're going to find a match for anything anyway.

Salaadin

There's a statue of Alexander the great outside a hotel of the same name but I don't think you're going to find a match for anything anyway.

Found one outside of The University of Florida Large Animal Hospital:
Fern-in-front-of-hospital-smaller.jpg

Weve been on the wrong track this whole time! The hospital isnt a human hospital...its a veterinarians office!

Im done looking >.>

Salaadin

The Moby Dick Studio (fake) Facebook page just "announced" the game was for PSVita. Some of the comments are pretty funny.

I hope some of those comments are people just going along with the joke because...WOW. How can you look at that facebook page and not know its fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom