• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic OP

Unfortunately due to school related crap I can't pay enough attention to this shitshow but I'll be reading this thread to keep up to date. Really can't believe a significant portion of this country will still vote for the GOP...

post-39018-Theoden-so-it-begins-gif-Imgur-YB8r.gif

God help us all

Retro

Somehow I missed that Joni "Make em Squeal" Ernst will be there, that should be fun in a folksy, castration-oriented kinda way.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Dang, Trump is speaking on Thursday Night...

Kind of wanted to see the meltdown of Trump's acceptance speech live online, but there's much more important Meltdown watching coming up...

BFIB

Not expecting much other than the GOP to fall in line behind Trump like they all pretty much have.

This is Trump's best opportunity to reel back in the Republicans who are considering leaving the party due to his nomination. He needs to nail his speech

kevin1025

Banned
Wow. I've seen that episode a thousand times but never remembered that scene. :O

It could be one of those gags that is cut for time on the syndicated versions.

This is Trump's best opportunity to reel back in the Republicans who are considering leaving the party due to his nomination. He needs to nail his speech

It'll either be one of his yelling, incomprehensible speeches, or his methodical, slow-reading teleprompter snore-fest speeches. Either way, nobody wins.

Tubie

All I can hope for is that this goes through smoothly and nobody gets hurt.

Should be some crazy fucking shit to watch tho, specially Pence trying to twist himself into agreeing with Trump on things they didn't agree in the past.

watershed

Banned
All I can hope for is that this goes through smoothly and nobody gets hurt.

Should be some crazy fucking shit to watch tho, specially Pence trying to twist himself into agreeing with Trump on things they didn't agree in the past.

I think Pence will just spend most of his speech outlining his beliefs and emphasizing how much "the ticket" has in common with basic republican policies/principles. Of course he will mention Trump but I don't think he will be selling Trump, I think he will sell himself as a balance to Trump for the good of the ticket and the party.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
I think Pence will just spend most of his speech outlining his beliefs and emphasizing how much "the ticket" has in common with basic republican policies/principles. Of course he will mention Trump but I don't think he will be selling Trump, I think he will sell himself as a balance to Trump for the good of the ticket and the party.

If Pence were smart (and from his career in politics it doesn't lead me to believe he is), he'd try to not mention Trump at all.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Some sad shits gonna go down and I don't mean in the bathroom

If no one gets hurt or dies it'll be a miracle in my mind

Keasar

Edit: Jesus fucking christ.
I just read on Swedish news site DN.se that security is increased expecting violent protests. 2500 police, 3 military class vehicles, teargas, pepperspray, bulletproof helmets, 10.000 extra pairs of handcuffs, all available prisons and holdings have been emptied and the local court will be open until after midnight. The city has increased its insurance from 9.5 to 50 million dollars.

These are not numbers you should see when NOMINATING a presidential candidate!

These numbers should be a fucking warning about what a major mistake your country is about to do!

post-39018-Theoden-so-it-begins-gif-Imgur-YB8r.gif

God help us all

9eO363L.gif

Imagine red caps on everyone.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I work in a parking garage about 1 block from the convention. Should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom