• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

- Hershell really proved his worth. I'm glad they're keeping him instead of Dale.
- Rick took a level in bad-ass.
- This show really needs to go on with just Hershell, Daryll and Rick. Maybe T-Dog, he looks like he is willing to listen to Rick.

Raoh

BErfa.gif
I'm dying here.

If I had photoshop skills..

I would put a Battlefield game Assault character behind him tossing Hershel Ammo Boxes

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I agree.

Lincoln slips up here and there, and as someone who has family in the south and visits quite a bit(even though I don't have that accent), I can still pick it up a bit. To me, he doesn't really have a southern accent, but simply another accent that I can't really place anywhere. In my imagination I tend to believe that Rick grew up to a military father who moved him around a lot and he never got to develop his own accent so it's just a mish-mash of everywhere he's been. /mostly kidding.

Lauren's got her accent pretty much locked down, aside from maybe 1-2 hickups per episode, I'd guess. Still not perfect, but what can one expect?

I watched the finale with my girlfriend(who started watching the show when it returned from the mid-season hiatus, I still have yet to have her go back and watch the others), and we both agreed that even though so much happened in the finale, it all seemed a bit underwhelming. Not a bad episode, IMO, but it wasn't all that good either. It seems to be against the general consensus here, because it seems many of you enjoyed the episode, but those were my thoughts.

Like the Zombie Opening
Like the Zombie attack
Didn't like Jimmy RV's stupidity and the Infinite Shotgun
Liked the Glenn and Maggie scene in the car
Disliked Carl's "It's MOM...." scene
LOVED Herschel's Brand New Sports Blazer
Liked the cliched reunion at Sophia's Supply Drop (it's better than just randomly meeting at a random spot, at least this place was created early in the season)
Liked the initial breakdown of the group and Rick's confession of Jenner's Message
Liked Rick's side of the "I killed Shane" conversation, but hated Lori's reaction (as 101% of everyone did)
Liked Andrea's run through the woods
Geeked about Michonne
Liked Ricktatorship
Disliked Carol and Maggie's "Lets just run into the woods at night" bit
Best Moment of the Episode (and Season): PRISON REVEAL + MUSIC

andycapps

Yeah. Being from the South myself, none of these accents have fooled me for a second. It's distracting.

Maggie's was really bad last night. There were several moments where I swear her real accent came into it for half a sentence. Jon Bernthal's was pretty horrible. I guess the main problem that somebody from the south like myself sees is that most people overdo the accent when trying to do it. It's a fine balance between nailing it and being overboard. Herschel's accent sounds real because it is, he's from Atlanta.

Puddles

Banned
Can anyone who has read the books tell me how much the show has deviated from the source material? Which characters have died earlier than they should have and which should have died already? Put it in tags so people don't complain.

Shane dies very early on. He decides to try to kill Rick and gets shot through the neck by Carl.

No Daryl or T-Dog. There are a husband and wife named Allen and Donna, and their sons Billy and Ben. There is also a large black man named Tyrese and his daughter Julie, along with Julie's boyfriend Chris.

They don't go to the CDC. Instead they wander on the road until they find a gated community called the Wiltshire Estates. It turns out to be full of zombies, and Donna dies.

They do end up on Hershel's farm. Hershel is a bit more of a hardass in the comics. He also has more children. Like in the show, they keep captured walkers in the barn. Shane doesn't release them though; instead the walkers are able to get free as Hershel attempts to put another captured walker inside. One of Hershel's sons and one of his daughters are killed when the walkers get out of the barn, which snaps him out of his delusions. Most significantly, he has two twin daughters who are about 10 years old.

Maggie and Glenn still end up as a couple; that part was virtually unchanged from the comics.

Otis doesn't die on the farm. He and Patricia make it to the prison.

Dale doesn't die on the farm. He makes it to the prison and has a relationship with Andrea.

SamuraiX-

Maggie's was really bad last night. There were several moments where I swear her real accent came into it for half a sentence.

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice.

Also, I couldn't give two fucks if Rick's accent doesn't sound authentic enough for ya'll, it never gets old hearing him talk.

Total bauss.

Maggie's was really bad last night. There were several moments where I swear her real accent came into it for half a sentence. Jon Bernthal's was pretty horrible. I guess the main problem that somebody from the south like myself sees is that most people overdo the accent when trying to do it. It's a fine balance between nailing it and being overboard. Herschel's accent sounds real because it is, he's from Atlanta.

Yeah, Hershel has never bothered me.

Honestly, the accents are the least of this show's problems. But it's good enough that I'll keep watching.

I'd sacrifice this show to the TV Gods in a second to save Luck, though.

andycapps

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice.

Also, I couldn't give two fucks if Rick's accent doesn't sound authentic enough for ya'll, it never gets old hearing him talk.

Total bauss.

His accent is probably one of the better faked ones on the show. Obviously T-Dog and Herschel's are the best because they're real, but Rick has been pretty consistently solid.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
His accent is probably one of the better faked ones on the show. Obviously T-Dog and Herschel's are the best because they're real, but Rick has been pretty consistently solid.

Rick's been solid, even when he's yelling out (see: Shane's death)

ultron87

I just hope they don't replace Dale with Hershel. That would be weird.

I want him to replace Dale in terms of (comic spoiler RE: Dale that probably won't affect the show since Dale is dead)
Dale/Andrea. Because the audience reaction would be the funniest thing ever.

I enjoyed the finale, especially MICHONNE!!!!

I had been avoiding spoilers so that was a huge awesome surprise. And looks like they did her justice (so far).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
iOKqc0FzkunKp.gif

"Mad Men isn't getting jizztastic ratings, we need to come up with a new show that will."

"How about this zombie comic?"

"Sure why not, give it a shoestring budget so if it fails we won't be out too much cash."

<The Walking Dead season 1 and 2 happen.>

death-of-superman-crei4k30.gif

"What should we do with all this money? Put it back in the show?"

"Let's buy some more coke."

Xdrive05

I hope all the money they saved by 95% of season 2 being on ONE location will be poored into S3's budget. FFS. The show really needs to step up the pacing in the non-finale episodes. Someone else here on GAF compared it to recent seasons of Dexter, where the highs are really good, but everything else is dragged-out filler.

Anyway, liked the finale and that they're hinting at some real changes in the future.

bengraven

I don't know why, but I was under the impression that Mad Men was still their most profitable show. Maybe I was confusing it with critic acclaim.

Still awesome that we live in an age when two of the hottest shows on TV are a zombie show and a fantasy show.

I said that last year and now we not only have Walking Dead and GOT, but apparently there are a few fantasy shows doing okay on the basic networks.

why Zachary Levi (Chuck) in Talking Dead?

They do random celebs all the time. Earlier in the year they had Napolean Dynamite.

Sean

Banned
Time to stop pinching pennies?

Hopefully they get a budget increase. Building a large scale prison set must be pretty expensive (unless they find an abandoned one they can rent or something). I hope they don't take shortcuts and use CG for most of it.

bengraven

Hopefully they get a budget increase. Building a large scale prison set must be pretty expensive (unless they find an abandoned one they can rent or something).

As someone who until late worked in prison telecommunications I can assure you there are plenty of abandoned prisons out there. Some abandoned despite being brand new and never lived in.

Puddles

Banned
I don't know why, but I was under the impression that Mad Men was still their most profitable show. Maybe I was confusing it with critic acclaim.

Still awesome that we live in an age when two of the hottest shows on TV are a zombie show and a fantasy show.

I said that last year and now we not only have Walking Dead and GOT, but apparently there are a few fantasy shows doing okay on the basic networks.

Not only that, but everyone and their mom posts memes on facebook. Nerd culture has pretty much gone mainstream.

squidyj

Like the Zombie Opening
Like the Zombie attack
Didn't like Jimmy RV's stupidity and the Infinite Shotgun
Liked the Glenn and Maggie scene in the car
Disliked Carl's "It's MOM...." scene
LOVED Herschel's Brand New Sports Blazer
Liked the cliched reunion at Sophia's Supply Drop (it's better than just randomly meeting at a random spot, at least this place was created early in the season)
Liked the initial breakdown of the group and Rick's confession of Jenner's Message
Liked Rick's side of the "I killed Shane" conversation, but hated Lori's reaction (as 101% of everyone did)
Liked Andrea's run through the woods
Geeked about Michonne
Liked Ricktatorship
Disliked Carol and Maggie's "Lets just run into the woods at night" bit
Best Moment of the Episode (and Season): PRISON REVEAL + MUSIC

The thing I hated about the reunion was this.

T-Dog "WE CAN'T GO THERE, IT'S SUICIDE!"

a scene later. "Yay, we're back"

like, they built up how hard it would be to get to the highway and then they just showed up there like... wtf?

why does Mad Men continue to get all the monies?

Seriously, that money could be way better spent on Breaking Bad. Or writers for The Killing, maybe a new showrunner. Oh man if The Killing had new writers and a new showrunner. wow.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Great season finale. Absolutely loved it. Can't wait for Season 3.

Rick's "THIS AIN'T A FUCKING DEMOCRACY" monologue was the highlight for me. Shane lives on bitches! Aahahah!

"I killed my best friend for you people!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom