• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Lori was tolerable through the last half of season 2 but this final episode definitely pushed her back to my hate list. How can any person in their right mind not see that Shane held a gun to Rick's head? Why would there be any question of Rick's decision in the case? I swear Carl and Lori have been the biggest obstacles in this series so far. In fact, if it weren't for Carl I really think they would have avoided significant calamity.

Was she? Freaking losing Carl everytime. Crashing a car like an idiot. Planting the idea in Rick's head that Shane is crazy and needs to be gotten rid of. Reigniting Shane's ideas to take Rick's place after he seemed to be moving on.

She's the biggest problem in the whole group!

Arment

Was she? Freaking losing Carl everytime. Crashing a car like an idiot. Planting the idea in Rick's head that Shane is crazy and needs to be gotten rid of. Reigniting Shane's ideas to take Rick's place after he seemed to be moving on.

Lori didn't plant that. She brought it to Rick's attention. That shit was true regardless.

As far as "reigniting" Shane - that's his problem. I saw it as she felt bad for Shane (god knows why) and wanted to apologize. You know because rape attempt and psycho shit aside Shane is a damn human being too.

Lori isn't as bad as people make her out to be imo. She's doing the best she can. I'd like to see some of you people operate correctly in a zombie apocalypse situation.

yeah lori needs to go. I wonder if she could have been more sympathetic if not written so poorly. when s1 started; I thought the actress was quite attractive and would gain a following. Then she acted and the dialogue spewed out of her mouth; and btw her stupidity and carl's stupidity; both her and her hellspawn needs to become zombie chow like yesterday.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The Walking Dead's biggest trolls follow the show with religious fervor. This doesn't surprise me one bit.

It's true. This is one of my least favorite shows I've ever seen and I've watched every episode religiously.

Arment

reading this; I just think back to the gaming side and how everyone is like "zombies are passe"; they're in everything now when reading threads about red dead zombies + yakuza zombie game.

Games are different. I've never touched L4D for example.

But tv show/movie zombies, yeah. Gimme.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
3odhy0.jpg

They better, after firing Darabont and cutting the budget 35% for no apparent reason.

I'll give the finale this. This spent a lot of money on those extras + zombie makeup. There was a couple busloads of extras dressed up as zombies. Quite literally where I think they funnelled the budget for the season. I mean, nothing else cost any money.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll give the finale this. This spent a lot of money on those extras + zombie makeup. There was a couple busloads of extras dressed up as zombies. Quite literally where I think they funnelled the budget for the season. I mean, nothing else cost any money.

Wonder if that crowd had a bunch of contest winners from season 1 in it.

Hell, if I knew I could do a day or 2 of extra work, I'd make the trip

Silkworm

Also according to Talking Dead, in the finale the outdoor temp was such that you could see the actors' breath so they had to digitally remove it from the zombie actors since zombies don't breathe. Not sure how much trouble that involved, but glad they took the time and effort to account for that.

Mudkips

Banned
My wish for Season 3 is for the baby to die before it's born, turn into a zombie fetus, and eat it's way out, killing Lori in an agonizing, horrific way.

AngryMoth

I think a big part of the problem with Lori is that too often she has been just a vehicle for theme/story the writers want on any given day, as opposed to being an actual consistent character.

Lennington

Neo Member
Also according to Talking Dead, in the finale the outdoor temp was such that you could see the actors' breath so they had to digitally remove it from the zombie actors since zombies don't breathe. Not sure how much trouble that involved, but glad they took the time and effort to account for that.

That sounds like an absolute nightmare.

Yen

My wish for Season 3 is for the baby to die before it's born, turn into a zombie fetus, and eat it's way out, killing Lori in an agonizing, horrific way.
I was just thinking that today. Would be a horrific way to go. Chestburster-esque.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

I'd be ok with this. seeing Lori die a horrible death and T-Dog make it to the end are the main reasons I'm sticking with this.

Great episode. Damn had no idea they were gonna have a fucking ninja on the show? That character looks badass. Was anyone else hoping the grey haired lady was killed by zombies? I was kinda pissed when she got away and the blonde was left behind. Just don't like her character at all. How long will the wait be until season 3?

Great episode. Damn had no idea they were gonna have a fucking ninja on the show? That character looks badass. Was anyone else hoping the grey haired lady was killed by zombies? I was kinda pissed when she got away and the blonde was left behind. Just don't like her character at all. How long will the wait be until season 3?

samurai sword = ninja?

I agree, shes an idiot, always making trouble and getting others into trouble. Your right though, Shane was finally accepting it and moving on and she goes ahead and tells him she cares for him.....

Poor Andrea though, stuck out in the woods alone.

squidyj

Lori is also a bit of shithead in the books. So it's canon.

Lori is a Plot Whore. Anything the plot wants her to do, she does it. Lose Carl? fine. Lady Macbeth? fine Freak out about Shane? fine. She gets down on her knees and does whatever the plot wants her to do. Shameless.

They better, after firing Darabont and cutting the budget 35% for no apparent reason.

They probably figured they could easily cut the budget this season since it didn't need as high a budget. This whole arc in the comic was not any different and didn't really have much to splurge budget on. If anything, the show went beyond the comics with the amount of stuff they did. Next season though has some stuff that will require more budget if they follow the books.

Arment

They probably figured they could easily cut the budget this season since it didn't need as high a budget. This whole arc in the comic was not any different and didn't really have much to splurge budget on. If anything, the show went beyond the comics with the amount of stuff they did. Next season though has some stuff that will require more budget if they follow the books.

They could have cut the season in half and introduced the prison at the halfway point.

I think it was entirely pointless to have a 13 episode season, for the most part, focus on the farm.

But I'm not a TV show runner and have no clue how realistic the chances of that ever of happening were so *shrug*.

Sean

Banned

They need to save some characters to kill off during Season 3.

Maggie's sister is probably a goner in the premiere, Carol will probably die by the mid-season finale.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Sad to see such genuine hatred in this thread for Lori... She's one of the most sympathetic characters in the book and even in the show, her actions aren't that crazy. Taking in everything she's been through and the culmination of her son not really being her son anymore and the fact that she's fighting just to have a normal life (as futile as that is)...

Tis' sad.

Sad to see such genuine hatred in this thread for Lori... She's one of the most sympathetic characters in the book and even in the show, her actions aren't that crazy. Taking in everything she's been through and the culmination of her son not really being her son anymore and the fact that she's fighting just to have a normal life (as futile as that is)...

Tis' sad.
on the show her son isn't her son anymore because she doesn't watch the fucker

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
They need to save some characters to kill off during Season 3.

Maggie's sister is probably a goner in the premiere, Carol will probably die by the mid-season finale.

My guess is that they'll start S3 very softly, sans (maybe) for some Andrea/Michonne hijinks. Unless the prison is overrun with zombies, but then... what would be the point?

Edit: A flashback episode explaining what happened in the prison would be the tits.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I think she was angry at Rick because she realised Shane had just as much of a chance of being the father of her unborn child as Rick was. But that's not Rick's fault.

According to Mazzara/Kirkman on Talking Dead, Lori was mainly mad at herself for screwing up. But AMC, did have a poll asking if Lori was right to be mad at Rick.

Arment

I think she was angry at Rick because she realised Shane had just as much of a chance of being the father of her unborn child as Rick was. But that's not Rick's fault.

She's mad at herself for what happened between Rick and Shane, since she feels like she's the cause of it all. She's also mad at herself for letting Carl get out of the house on her watch and being put in a situation to kill someone.

I don't think she's angry at Rick besides him losing his shit a bit. That speech he gave her about it being entirely avoidable but he let it happen probably scared her too.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
on the show her son isn't her son anymore because she doesn't watch the fucker

ah yes, of course. The parental unit that is basically playing den mother (for her group, in pretty much everything they could possibly need) and loses grasp of her own motherly responsibilities. I get that she should be watching her son, but Carl has already been proving to be a lot more "grown up" (or at least the attitude) in the situation. So she's already lamenting the idea that she's lost her kid to the evils of the world, the fact that she's having to deal with Carol's mourning mother, Rick's "I don't know what to do attitude" (at least until last night), Shane's completely demented outlook and actions, then bringing in a new child into a world that is so full of complete shit that the very action of bringing a child into the world already is a bad idea.

She's got a lot of shit on her plate. Her actions during this entire ordeal haven't been completely odd at all. I don't know anyone that would function properly. Maybe the fact that Michonne is coming into play (and then
andrea becoming a badass hopefully
) will hopefully cool down all the hatred of the women in this show in that she'll embolden the other women to be as strong or even stronger than her.

That will have to wait till season 3 tho of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom