• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

MrDaravon

At this point I feel like Snake in the MGS4 loading screens where he's just smoking a cigarette for like an hour, except I'm playing this game.

Oh in other related news someone in the B/S/T thread is going to sell me a copy of the CE of this game at retail price so I can finally get the goddamn 3DS carrying case. I've never ever been able to find it for sale on it's own, and CE listings go for around $100, so that'll be nice to finally have.

MrDaravon

Down to 9 tracks! Dancing Mad still eludes me.

I wish there was more tracks in this game... :(

Any word? Whispers? Rumors?

I'd say there's still a chance; the second batch of DLC for this game started coming out a decent while after it's original Japanese launch, and based on the timing had to have been done while DQ Theatrhythm was in development based on when that game launched. I'm actually not finding a whole lot about DQ's DLC release schedule or if it's done already; they said all the DLC for that game would be free (likely to make up for it's pretty small track count).

Basically once they're done with DQ DLC I could see them possibly coming back to this; the first DLC had to have done fairly well for them to come out with a large second batch relatively late after it's launch, and there were some pre-release (?) quotes from them talking about making it a DLC platform etc. I'd say until we know Indies Zero is working on next there's a chance. I'm hoping we hear something about either DLC for this or whatever they're working on next at E3.

MrDaravon

THREE SONGS LEFT

IT'S GONNA HAPPEN BROS

200.gif

MrDaravon

Haha that's awesome. Just realized that's the same person who did this one (which is the only one I've seen of theirs), I'll have to see if there's any others. FF6 is probably my GOAT.

xUR2Qgw.gif

MrDaravon

TWO LEFT!

vUc0uB7.gif

Just Dancing Mad (still...) and the FFXII Ending which I'm specifically leaving for last because it's super easy, I've only played it twice ever and I'm just missing one block at the very beginning. So realistically I just have Dancing Mad, currently at 51 attempts. Wife is at work tonight I'm hoping to do it tonight!

MrDaravon

QjswV4j.jpg
iK1OU1G.jpg

I DID IT HOLY FUCK SHIT BALLS YES

NEVER LET ANYONE STOP YOU FROM YOUR DREAMS

YOU CAN DO ANYTHING

SHOUTOUTS TO MY WIFE FOR BUYING ME THIS GAME

SHOUTOUTS TO EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD

SHOUTOUTS TO SHOUTOUTS

SHOUTOUTS TO MY PARENTS FOR CREATING A FUCKING LEGEND

MrDaravon

Okay, so now that's out of the way screenshot time finally. Adam was bugging me for screenshots before but I was so close to getting this last trophy I figured I'd wait first. This is fairly long, but this is probably the only time in my entire life I'll get to go into this level of detail on this game. Or any game. Please send help.

qUOXpvh.jpg
s8kmUbn.jpg

x1PbvnP.jpg
WPWdNak.jpg

9xrZz1b.jpg
U29NaLU.jpg

3esrjiT.jpg
nadn6hf.jpg

B4WdMkP.jpg
7ziThQ2.jpg

eEDaL01.jpg

Some notes and my general strategy for how I tackled this; I knew early on I was going for completion.

-I have done zero hands-free/card farming. I have no problem with it or anything, just mentioning it to make it clear my time played doesn't reflect anything like that.

-I had a second copy of the game on a Gamefly rental for a couple of months when we weren't using that slot, so I just left it in my wife's 3DS. If you delete a proficard and streetpass with it again it counts as new, so every day I was getting 2-3 street passes and new proficards by doing that which is how I got those trophies and shiny stars. Not hard, but obviously requires a second 3DS and copy of the game.

-Doing the quest trophies and records were actually not that bad; I think people forget or don't realize that Teleport Stones exist, so in most quests you can skip like half or more of the quest, which I abused the hell out of. Then when I ran out of stones I went back to playing songs in the normal mode working on TC's and whatnot and building up another supply. Also I focused on Quests early since while the song selection is random (except for the specific Inherited quests) doing it early let me get random Total Criticals or work towards those on songs along the way; not that I got a lot of songs done that way, but I got some and it's obviously better than nothing. The only arguably tricky thing here would be getting the 75 key doors open which I may or may not have gotten normally, but the 2nd copy of the game I was using to streetpass with had the default inherited map on it's profile which is a level 1 short quest which also has a key door in it. So I used that map to do super quick clears for the Inherited Quest requirements and knocking out the key doors at the same time. I think I probably would have come close even without using this specific map, but yeah.

-Obviously some hardcore grinding went into local versus to get all of the related shiny stars there; these trophies/stars along with the streetpass stuff is what stops almost everyone from 100% completion. You can play ranked in local mode which also how anyone (including me) is able to get the shiny star for Online Rating. It's a ridiculous grind (you need 5,000) which is actually virtually impossible to get legitimately; for those who aren't aware once you hit around 2900 you start dropping from 50-80 points per win slowly all the way down to literally 2 points per win, regardless of difficulty played, the rating of your opponent or how much you win by. However if you lose you still lose like 80 points. Now if you grind out around 150 matches at 2 points a win you very slowly start getting more until by the time you get up to about 3150-3200 you are back up to getting all the way up to 100 points a win. But this only works if you play on Basic; if you play on Ultimate you get way way less. It basically works on some sort of inverse bell curve but it's totally broken any way you try to slice it, I fully believe this was coded incorrectly or the game calculates rating in an unintentional way. This is how that one japanese guy always has 9999 points, and this is how myself the only 2 or 3 other people I've found did it: you just have to get a second copy of the game and grind out past that 2900-3200 range. I don't want to downplay how ridicuous and stupid it is, but it's also not as bad as people make it sound; you just have to win, it doesn't matter by how much and on Basic you only lose 50k points for losing all your HP. So I just went in with a super tanky maxed out defensive team (like what people do for hands free card farming), played the song up until I had 150k points, then watched videos or listened to podcasts the whole time. It took about a day and a half of doing pretty much nothing but this to get all of the online and local stars and trophies. Again, it's still ridiculous and broken but is fairly doable provided you have a second 3DS and copy of the game, which to be fair is silly.

-The top 3 songs on my songs played is obviously borked, those 3 songs are from grinding local versus for those trophies/stars. Numbers 4 and 5 are only there because at the point I was playing those songs I did NOT realize that this game didn't track Total Critical like it did in the first game. In the original game it tracked whether or not you got Criticals on an individual note basis, whereas in this game you have to get Criticals on every note in that "block" on the same play to fill the bar. I honestly had no idea this was the case until maybe 200-250 hours in, and on both #4 & #5 that was before then and I honestly thought I was missing a specific note on both of those songs, so I wasn't focusing on trying to do the whole part of the song. So those two tracks would still be up there regardless, but both have probably twice as many plays as they would have had I known that. Also I probably would have gotten Total Critical on all of the songs like 200 hours ago if it worked like it did in the first game; arguably less satisfying, but it would have been significantly less stressful. #'s 6-8 on the top 8 list are legit entries.

-FF6 is arguably my GOAT so by default Terra is waifu status, so I maxed her out first. It helps that she's one of the best BMS characters in the game. Once I maxed her (I also have all of her stats maxed) I pretty much always used her, because she is so OP at that point that she can carry a team of 3 other characters regardless of level for great XP for everyone. Also getting characters to level 99 and reset and whatnot is really not that hard even outside of the XP map quests because at a certain point you are probably drowning in EXP Level 1-3 skill scrolls as well as Growth Egg (x2 EXP) and Miratete's Memoirs (x6 EXP). Every character I leveled in my part had either EXP Up level 2 or 3, and every time I maxed or near maxed out on either of the xp use items I would just use 20-30 of them. Combined with Terra kicking ass it goes pretty quick.

So with all of that said this was my general playthrough of the game:

1) Immediately knocked out the Total Critical and Perfect Chain on every song on Basic difficulty. I did this day one because I knew if I was going for everything that was going to be the most boring thing from my experience with the original game, and I wanted to get it out of the way as soon as possible, especially while I was still on my first level up pass with characters. When I bought DLC I did this first thing with them as well.

2) At this point I started getting serious about potentially 100%'ing the game, so I rented a second copy in a free Gamefly slot we had and started working on the Streetpass/Proficard/Inherited quest trophies, which took me over the course of maybe 2-3 months.

3) After I did everything on Basic I immediately went for the Total Critical on all EMS songs on Expert and Ultimate difficulties. I remember what nightmares they were in the original game, and that stayed true here as well. Seriously fuck EMS.

4) Then I went straight to Quests in order to maximize working on getting Total Criticals on songs to essentially kill two birds with one stone since it would make no sense to get TC on everything THEN do quests. I would use Level Down Nuts once the quest level got too high since dealing with spinning arrows is bullshit, and I also abused Airship Tickets and Teleport Stones to clear stuff as quick as possible.

5) With Quests done I began working on getting Perfect Chain done on all non-DLC songs for that trophy; the game only counts Perfect Chain status on a song if it's your current high score, there's no hidden checkbox for it. I wanted to avoid a nightmare scenario where I got an All-Critical (or close to it) on a song then dropped one note at the end thus robbing me of the Perfect Chain status and requiring me to basically AC the song to get it back. I actually saw this happen to someone on another board and was like fuck that, so I did this ASAP to avoid that problem.

6) Then with all of that done I started sitting down seriously to TC songs, working mostly in song order. Nothing too exciting here unfortunately. I generally had my other 3 party members be characters from the title I was playing (as applicable) to max rm gain. I actually hit max rm not that long ago, I'm probably only at maybe 100k over the max, without having the DLC and maximizing my rm gain pretty much the whole time I've played the game it would be a pretty crazy grind. At this point I also grinded out the online/local trophies along with the AI battle stuff. I still can't believe you have to get 150 AI victories for the shiny star -_-

7) I stand here before you, not as a boy but as a man

Whew! Sorry for the wall of text, this was way longer than I thought haha. Short of a couple online games this is the longest I've ever spent with a game. I'll probably still play semi-casually to at least max Reset all of the characters I haven't done yet which wouldn't take that long at all if I use the XP quests + EXP Up + EXP items. Other than that the only other thing I might do is take a serious stab at trying to get SSS rank on everything. I have no desire at all to go for All Critical on everything, and quite frankly don't think I literally could. Only other goal would be to maybe max all stats for all characters, but that would take until the heat death of the universe so yeah. I'll still play some just to keep fresh on it in case we ever get more DLC, but also hoping we get the DQ Theatrhythm game so I want to keep sharp for that. You are all the best, and thanks to Adam Prime for starting the weekly challenge; while it was fairly short-lived it really kept me going there for a while and I don't know if I would have kept with the game otherwise. If the DQ game comes out here I will ensure that happens in that thread for the western release.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Congrats MrDaravon! I shall bow to you!

Edit: those screenshots are a beauty. You have encouraged me to start up CC again and try for all the trophies!

Celegus

Demon Wall of text

Interesting stuff! Did you play the whole time with buttons? I was so used to playing stylus after the first game that I just couldn't get into buttons.

Fitting that Dancing Mad was the final song. Good thing it's not the full version! I like to think this was your victory dance when you finally did it:
pure-pwnage-o.gif

MrDaravon

I use buttons for BMS/EMS and stylus for FMS. I don't buy the argument that some people make about button being easier than stylus, there's specific things I find easier with one over the other, it's just mostly a comfort/system holding convenience. Also I played a ton of console DDR games with a controller as well as music games etc. Button controls don't really work with FMS because of arrow holds though.

Great post. I might post a few things myself later on!

I use stylus for both FMS and BMS. FMS is self explanatory and for BMS I feel it's easier to play faster and more accurate at the same time.

Having said that though I used (notice the past tense, fuck yes) buttons for EMS as you don't have to hit the buttons quickly and therefore it felt more accurate.

Also, I did "cheat" on just a few BMS songs and used the circle pad for a few notes.

OMG I DONE IT I PERFECTED ASSAULT!!!!!!!

This one was a pain. A PAIN! Only 6 songs to go now!!

Songs i have left and the current high scores:

Boss Battle 2 - 9952631
Crazy Chocobo - 9784674
Primal Judgment - 9664487
Sacrifice Part Three - 9399306
Shadowlord - 9946168
World Revolution - 9875621

What to tackle next...

MrDaravon

Boss Battle 2 - 9952631
Crazy Chocobo - 9784674
Shadowlord - 9946168

What to tackle next...

I will pray for you on Crazy Chocobo. World Revolution isn't really that hard in the grand scheme of things, I was consistently coming within 2-3 notes of getting an All Critical on it almost every time, it's just those 2-3 notes were always at the end part that I needed :(

Which reminds me, for posterity I also meant to post how many times I had to do some of the songs. Generally speaking I was pretty happy if I did a song in under 10 attempts. 10 was usually where I started to get annoyed, and 15+ meant it was pretty serious. So these are the songs that took me 15 or more tries:

Final Fantasy IX: Festival of the Hunt - 15
Final Fantasy XIII-2: The Last Hunter - 15
Romancing SaGa 2: The Ultimate Confrontation - 15
Final Fantasy XIV: Answers - 17
Final Fantasy XIV: Engage - 17
Final Fantasy Type-0: War: The White Weapon - 17
Final Fantasy Type-0: Zero - 17
Bravely Default: He of the Name - 17
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children: Advent One-Winged Angel (EMS) - 18
Final Fantasy IV: The Red Wings - 20
Final Fantasy IX: Battle 2 - 20
Lightning Returns: Savior of Souls - 20
Final Fantasy X: Assault - 21
Final Fantasy Type-0: We Have Come (EMS) - 21
Chrono Trigger: Battle with Magus - 21
Final Fantasy X: Final Battle - 22
Final Fantasy VIII: Maybe I'm a Lion - 23
Final Fantasy VIII: The Castle - 23
Final Fantasy XII: FINAL FANTASY (FFXII Version) - 24
Final Fantasy XIII-2: Crazy Chocobo - 25
Final Fantasy IX: The Final Battle - 29
Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song: Ardent Rhythm - 30
Final Fantasy XIII-2: Warrior Goddess - 31
Final Fantasy VII: Opening - Bombing Mission - 32
Nier: Shadowlord - 32
Chrono Trigger: World Revolution - 41
Final Fantasy X-2: 1000 Words - 42
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Moonless Starry Night - 45
Final Fantasy X: Fight With Seymour - 50
Final Fantasy VII: Fight On! - 55
Final Fantasy VI: Dancing Mad - 57
Final Fantasy VIII: Liberi Fatali - 64
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core: CRISIS CORE Theme -Dreams and Honor: 67
Final Fantasy IX: Vamo' alla flamenco - 69

As mentioned in my previous post all of the EMS tracks as well as Ardent Rhythm and Vamo' alla flamenco's counts are so high due to me not knowing the game tracked Total Criticals differently than they did in the first game when I played them; all of those tracks would still be high in the play count, but definitely much lower had I known. I also didn't do a lot of song restarts since on the vast majority of the songs I got stuck on, I got stuck on a part at or towards the end of the song so it would have been a waste. The only songs I can recall doing any notable amounts of restarts on were Advent One-Winged Angel (BMS), Force Your Way, and The Castle. Including restarts I'd probably add something like 15-20 additional attempts for all three of those.

Excluding the EMS bullshit I'd say my list generally lines up with what are considered the harder songs in the game, with maybe the only exception of Sacrifice Part Three which "only" took me 12 attempts. The vast bulk of songs only took me 4-6 attempts which felt like a lot more than that and in hindsight really isn't that bad at all lol.

Kirlia

Banned

Boss Battle 2 - 9952631
Crazy Chocobo - 9784674
Shadowlord - 9946168

What to tackle next...

Sacrifice Part Three wouldn't be so hard if it weren't for the two instances of 12 tap/red notes. Ugh, 12 tap/red notes in under two seconds, and you have to do it TWICE in close succession.

Yeah you not knowing how the critical chart worked in this game must have definitely come into play. There is no way Flamenco would have taken you the most tries.. I can perfect that songs after a few attempts.

World Revolution is doable but just like you said.. it's that darn ending! It'll probably be the next song I do.

I'm scared. Can I really do it? I remember the days that the EMS felt impossible. I remember the days that doing Force Your Way and Maybe I'm a Lion was unfathomable. I remember looking at Opening Bombing Mission and Assault and thinking Square Enix is having a laugh. I remember accepting that I would never ever do FFIX Battle 2 and therefore just aiming to see how many songs I can do.

...6 songs left.

...One of them, is indeed, Crazy Chocobo...

Sacrifice Part Three wouldn't be so hard if it weren't for the two instances of 12 tap/red notes. Ugh, 12 tap/red notes in under two seconds, and you have to do it TWICE in close succession.

Once I was down to a small group of songs left they all had something in common. They were either EMS, had a super hard ending of random directions or just like you said... tapping in rapid succession. I am trying out using two stylus for Primal Judgement, Sacrifice and Chocobo since my finger on my left hand doesn't always register. I can't get the pressure consistently right. However using two stylus brings up its own set of problems :(

Celegus

I use buttons for BMS/EMS and stylus for FMS. I don't buy the argument that some people make about button being easier than stylus, there's specific things I find easier with one over the other, it's just mostly a comfort/system holding convenience. Also I played a ton of console DDR games with a controller as well as music games etc. Button controls don't really work with FMS because of arrow holds though.

Probably for the best, I wouldn't even want to think about a poor DS screen that endured 400+ hours of tapping on it. Mine is pretty beat up in the area I use the most (have a screen protector even) and I didn't come close to that amount of time.

MrDaravon

Yeah you not knowing how the critical chart worked in this game must have definitely come into play. There is no way Flamenco would have taken you the most tries.. I can perfect that songs after a few attempts.

World Revolution is doable but just like you said.. it's that darn ending! It'll probably be the next song I do.

Yeah, I specifically remember on 2 of the EMS tracks and on Flamenco I was 100% sure that I knew the specific note I was missing, so I was sometimes phoning in the rest of the song, then after I finally got those notes I was like wait...what? And that same day someone had made a thread on Gamefaqs asking the same thing. I'm still mad about it lol. Ultimately at the end of the day it doesn't really matter, but the seeing the EMS tries so high still annoys me. Flamenco wouldn't be that high, but Liberi Fatali was 64 legitimate tries and that's only just right behind it so that one doesn't bother me too much.

Also that part in Sacrifice gives me no problems. I swear I'm some sort of weird savant on certain songs, I actually cleared that part 100% my first play of the song, most of my tries were trying to get a block earlier in the song. No idea.

I think at this point in time I'm choosing to ignore that Theatrhythm Dragon Quest exists as not only am I not done with this game, but also it'll make the wait that much more painful.

Also, the longer the wait the better just incase there's a Curtain Call version coming and we just get that instead.

In the mean time we await Project Mirai DX and Rhythm Tengoku. Oh, and Band Bros...

MrDaravon

There honestly seems to be very little info on DQ Theatrhythm out there at all. I knew all the DLC for that game was going to be free and I was trying to find out if it was still going or what was up with the game in general and found virtually nothing outside of very early DLC releases like within the first few weeks of the game's launch. Not that Curtain Call was a megaton itself or anything, but I'm really surprised at how little DQ got out there. I'm still very much not a fan of the BMS perspective and it's track count, but I'm not gonna lie I'd still buy it day one anyway.

MrDaravon

Since I can't quit this game, I'm toning down my amount of play a bit but have decided to go for all SSS ranks, and to max prestige all of the characters. Favorite'd all of my non-SSS tracks, only 44 which isn't super bad? I wasn't worried about my rank at all when I was going for Total Criticals so it could be worse. This of course includes just about every EMS -_-. I already knocked 5 of those 44 out with a bit of play last night.

In any sort of sequel I hope they do a better job with items and to a lesser extent skills. I decided to teach Terra every skill in the game because why the fuck not at this point (sitting on mountains of skill scrolls, even around 10-12 of the rare ones like Ultima/Curaga etc) and I had no idea there were so many skill scrolls (~30?) and how almost all of them are useless except for a few. While I understand them not wanting to have skills scrolls to teach anyone say Added Cut or a Limit Break, it would have been nice for them to have had level 2 (but not level 3) of the attack spells like Fira and/or Focus Level 2. Would have allowed you to make FMS/Support-focused characters more viable for BMS without breaking the game. Also it's weird they don't have that at all but then you can teach anyone Mighty Guard or Ultima. It was a huge improvement from the first game where no one ever equipped anything to begin with because you had to go in naked to get high scores, but they could do better. There's also a million useless support items like the ones that increase Spirit by 15%. Totally pointless.

Also as a PSA don't forget that there are one-time use items that increase rare drop chances (Ribbon), cause only cards to drop including rarer ones and ones you don't have (Molulu's Charm), and give you x2 or x6 exp at the end of that battle (Growth Egg & Miramete's Memoirs). I was sitting at 99 of all of those for probably 200+ hours without even realizing it >_>

ON. THE. BUS.

5 left!

Woohoo! You can do it!

I've been playing DQ lately, the music doesn't capture me like FF, so I'm finding it harder to get through. I love the little improvements in it. I am wondering if they may announce the localization at E3 this week? I believe it could be a possibility, but you never know!

Woohoo! You can do it!

I've been playing DQ lately, the music doesn't capture me like FF, so I'm finding it harder to get through. I love the little improvements in it. I am wondering if they may announce the localization at E3 this week? I believe it could be a possibility, but you never know!

Thanks! I'm guessing there's a decent chance we will see it at e3 but I'm not too fussed either way.

Celegus

Thanks! I'm guessing there's a decent chance we will see it at e3 but I'm not too fussed either way.

I find a world where we get DQ Theatrhythm but not DQ 7/8 remakes a very strange place indeed. Unless of course they announce all of the things! But I'm not getting my hopes up for any of it.
DQ11 on PS4 pls!

MrDaravon

Well I'd argue it's slightly more appealing than boosting your local rating, streetpass hits or quest stats but to each his own :p

Sure, but I only did those things for my Star Rating, which is fairly prominent and is actually tracked by the game. If the game specifically tracked AC's that would be a different story.

I figure at this point the only goals I could think of would be:

1 - All Critical everything
2 - Max playtime
3 - Hit Reset 10 with all characters
4 - Teach every character every learnable skill
5 - Max all stats for all characters
6 - Get SSS rank on all songs

I'm only going for 3 and 6 which are pretty reasonable; I'd have to count but at this point I've already done max resets on probably half or so of the cast, and using items + skills + xp quest (if needed) I'd bet I could max everyone's level in pretty short order if I focused just on that. Will probably go for the SSS on everything first, then mop up levels after that.

Max playtime is kinda whatever, and honestly getting AC on everything on Ultimate is quite frankly beyond my skill level. Obviously not literally impossible in theory (since I got TC on everything), but realistically it's not happening, it would probably super stress me out and would take me years or something. Teaching every skill to every character would be a mad grind mostly for some of the random skill scrolls you don't find often; for example you can actually relatively easily grind specific quests for Ultima etc scrolls, but even with my current playtime I've only found 3 Berserk lvl 3 scrolls...so yeah. Max stats on every character would take until the heat death of the universe even doing nothing but hands-free farming. Using most of my cards accumulated over close to 500 hours of play I've managed to max all stats on one character, max the most relevant stat on maybe 4-5 of my favorite other chartacters (like Strength on TG Cid, Magic on Shanotto etc) and that's it. It would probably take thousands upon thousands of hours to do that.

One of the things I like about the game though is that it has enough of a broad level of skill that people can set their own goals. Like you getting AC on everything is completely insane and totally beyond me, but me getting TC on everything is totally beyond some people as well. I've seen people both here on and Gamefaqs and elsewhere who aren't as skilled or have the time who just have goals of even just getting to Ultimate, or get SSS on everything on Basic etc. I appreciate the fact that there's enough diversity that people can set their own specific goals and achieve them. Like for me I never care about my achievement score, trophy score or whatever; but if I really like a game I try to "100%" it which in most modern games is getting all of the achievements/trophies which is why I did the inane grinding on some of the stuff because the game specifically tracks that for the 5-star shiny rating and trophy count. That's part of why going for AC on everything doesn't really appeal to me is because the game doesn't track that in any meaningful way and it's a bit beyond my skill ceiling.

MrDaravon

I can come within 4-5 notes of getting an All Critical on the hardest tracks in the game, but can't get an SSS rank on most of the EMS tracks on ANY difficulty, many of them not even close. This is hilarious. No idea how some people defend EMS tracks as not being broken. Gonna max out all my character levels and be done with it. The last week of trying to do this has been more frustrating then anything else up to this point lol.

Swamped

Banned
^ Can I just say your records look so beautiful...so many shiny stars!

I'll get back into this game at some point. What's online like these days? That's what I used to enjoy the most, but I have a feeling it must be pretty sparse given that we have not had any new DLC in a while.

MrDaravon

When I occasionally hop on I can get matches. I imagine it's probably a bit busier online during the evenings Japanese time, but I don't think I've ever not been able to get in a match although it might take a couple of minutes.

MrDaravon

I have never come so close to throwing a controller or console in my life

MlWA77tSc7wvA38XMW

It's so outlandish and insane that I can't really be mad about it. Seriously, how likely is it to be a single point away from a higher rank in a game that scores up to 9,999,999?

MrDaravon

Well because I hate myself I stuck with doing the EMS tracks and I now finally have an SSS rank on every difficulty and song. Finally no more pressure!

I'll probably still play the daily tracks and slowly work on maxing out all of my character's levels. Disappointed in no new DLC or DQ localization announcement at E3, but we still have no idea what indieszero is working on, so holding out a bit of hope on one or both of those things until they announce whatever their next project is.

^ Yep I'm not giving up hope either.
I've slowly been working through all the songs today and yesterday. I find playing so relaxing I almost go into a trance lol!
Except when I get to ultimate. Then it's full steam ahead.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Someone in the B/S/T thread hooked up me up with a sealed copy of the CE at retail cost, so I finally got my 3DS case! :D

XjYvRA4.jpg
That's so lovely! If I hadn't been broke af last year I would have gotten it. :(

Well, looks like I cleared all the Ultimate scores. Cleared, not Perfect Chained or Critical. But I never thought I would be up for it. First time I touched Ultimate, I was like NOPE!!, I'm never gonna clear those songs in my life. But then with practice, I managed to clear some songs (even one I have total critical perfect chained) and well, now they are all cleared. Now for critical perfect chained, I dunno, I gonna try for fun, but I'm already happy with the achievement. I also have done those Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Class Battles. :D Had a lot of fun of the game and will return to it frequently. :)

Top Bottom