• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

So, I want to make a Nintendo ID but I don't think there's a Nintendo eShop where I live. What am I in for if I make a US account? If I ever decide to buy something online, how would I add money to my balance(ie, none US credit card)?

You could always purchase an american eShop card.

I've been game sharing my games and DLC packs across 2 360's, both in the same room on 2 different TV's (so my wife and I can play separately at the same time or co-op). Both gamertags are on both devices and all purchases are under my account. I haven't had a problem doing this for years until a few particular games now. TWD Season 2 and Borderlands 2. For TWD S2, it just acts as if she still needs to purchase all chapters even though I can access them on my account, on both consoles, just fine. For Borderlands 2, it puts her through the compatibility pack loop until I uninstall the DLC that I'm trying to share with her. Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Does sword art online:hallow fragment ( vita) have online? I searched it up but I keep getting conflicting answers. Is it or is it not? very interested in this game. lol

StuBurns

Banned
yes, thanks! I was hoping it would come out on PC but only PS3/PS4 later this year. :(
Well, I wouldn't say it's likely to happen, but the series has come to PC before, the PC is doing amazing right now, and UE3 makes a PC version more technically likely. Who knows, it could happen.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
This may sound like a weird question.. I know OG phat PS3's were known for having bad wifi cards inside em but I have never read someone else having this happen.

I have an 80gb/motorstorm bundle PS3, years ago my living situation forced me to use wifi to connect it to the internet.
Everytime I downloaded something, it took forever, worse so than any other wifi device I owned at the time, BUT when I switched my TV to another input source the connection speed would quadruple(from my estimation). The moment I switched inputs back to the PS3 the download speed numbers would slowly drop back down to terrible and stay there.

The wifi light in the front always blinked from time to time, but when input was changed it blinked way faster.
(I was using HDMI on a 2004-5ish 50" Sony tv. This never happened with component cables as far as I recall, and it was about 20 feet from the wifi router fyi)

was I crazy? or did switching TV display input boost connection speed for other people?

Bishop89

Can someone help me out figure why I lag in online games (Ps3/ps4).

This has only started about a week ago, so I dont know why it is lagging now as I have not done anything to my modem or whatever.

Link to what Im talking about

I have only tested this with cod (ps4, ps3) and bf4 (Ps4).

Could outside sources cause this? Like, if a neighbour hacked my wifi password and is using my internet?

Note: My ps3 & ps4 are connected via ethernet, NOT wireless.

JPS Kai

Does sword art online:hallow fragment ( vita) have online? I searched it up but I keep getting conflicting answers. Is it or is it not? very interested in this game. lol

No online. It is adhoc 1-4 players, meaning you have to find three other like-minded individuals to occupy the same room together.

mclem

Then I'm curious what classification it's using, because arguably the Freescape engine games (which started with Driller back in 1987) would fit the bill. There may even be earlier instances.

Edit: Ah, it specifies mouse-based freelook. Well, that's weirdly limiting, and isn't quite what the question was asking.

BouncyFrag

Honest question here. What on earth is going on in the Smash Bros megathreads? I admit don't know much about the games, but these threads are massive and it only takes a week or two before a new one needs to be made. I'm not trying to be disrespectful. It just seems a bit crazy to me, is all.

trip me into oblivion if I have caused offense

How can I change my xbox marketplace on my xbox one to USA?

The prices of the UK store are terrible. Is it possible? Do I need a new account altogether?

Not gaming related but I see people use it here.

What is: TL;DR

When and why is it used?
How is it supposed to be used?

I looked it up and didn't give a clear answer. Last thing I want to do is use that term completely incorrectly.

When and why is it used?

I looked it up and didn't give a clear answer. Last thing I want to do is use that term completely incorrectly.

shorthand for "Too Long; Didn't Read"

people will put it at the end of a long post for a quick summary

Leezard

When and why is it used?

the above poster explained it.

you might not want to use the expression on gaf (if saying it to a long post), people have been banned for it in the past.

Zukuu

Banned

When and why is it used?

Too long; Didn't Read

Originally it was used when someone wrote a wall of text, or an excessive amount to answer a simple question, or for a text that is just too daunting to read... or in most cases, just used because someone was lazy. I think it's negative and you shouldn't use it if someone tries to write a valid argument.
Nowadays, most people use it for their OWN text to give a short summary.

"wall of text"
"TL;DR (version): I'm looking for help with coding"

My question:
What's the best PSX emulator? I want dem shiny upscalers.

I missed Bayonetta last gen. Should I still pick it up?
It's a great action game with an awful story. The PS3 version isn't great so I recommend you pick up the 360 or Wii U version.

When and why is it used?
It stands for "too long; didn't read". People use it as a reply to very long posts that they don't feel like reading. If you use it on this forum you will be banned.

Edit: Wow, three posters beat me to it.

shorthand for "Too Long; Didn't Read"

people will put it at the end of a long post for a quick summary

the above poster explained it.

you might not want to use the expression on gaf (if saying it to a long post), people have been banned for it in the past.
Good to know, thanks!
Too long; Didn't Read

Originally it was used when someone wrote a wall of text, or an excessive amount to answer a simple question, or for a text that is just too daunting to read... or in most cases, just used because someone was lazy. I think it's negative and you shouldn't use it if someone tries to write a valid argument.
Nowadays, most people use it for their OWN text to give a short summary.

"wall of text"
"TL;DR (version): I'm looking for help with coding"

My question:
What's the best PSX emulator? I want dem shiny upscalers.

I see. I had the right idea with it being "Too Long; Didn't Read" but it looks like people use it as a "here's a shorter version" too. Thanks!

And I'm sorry, idk a good PSX emulator. I can't remember what I use atm (at work).

EDIT:
It's a great action game with an awful story. The PS3 version isn't great so I recommend you pick up the 360 or Wii U version.

It stands for "too long; didn't read". People use it as a reply to very long posts that they don't feel like reading. If you use it on this forum you will be banned.

Edit: Wow, three posters beat me to it.
Yes, very quick! Lol. Thanks too!

Does anyone know if I can use the word "butt" in my PSN ID?

I don't want to create an ID that'll get banned but "butt" seems pretty tame and I remember there being an avatar on the PS Store on PS3 of a guy farting with the fart cloud coming out of his butt and that was apparently approved to go on the Store. So "butt" should be safe...right?

ShaneB

I figure I'll ask this here..

My 360 has been collecting dust for ages now, and with it, the money that I have on the account. Is there anyway to turn that MS Account money back into real money? It's a fairly substantial amount I'd enjoy having back!

Woffls

Nearly made a new thread for this but thought I'd ask here first in case it's a common issue:

Q: WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT is up with Windows 8 to Xbox 360 media sharing? I'm really gonna' lose my shit one day and just build a fucking PC to do it.

Thanks! :D

zerotol

Banned
I just put in a code for 14 day trial of xbox live gold on xbox one. I'm trying to play multiplayer on a few different games and it keeps telling me I need gold. Wtf do I need to do?

If I run out of space on my PS4 hard drive and replace it with an upgraded hard drive, can I still put the original one back in when I want to play games I have on that? Or will I have to download them again?

I just put in a code for 14 day trial of xbox live gold on xbox one. I'm trying to play multiplayer on a few different games and it keeps telling me I need gold. Wtf do I need to do?

I don't think that those codes take effect until the next time you log into Xbox Live. So turning it off and then on again should work.

Peagles

Does anyone know if Game UK have any discount codes going at the moment? I want to spend as little money as possible with them to get the Smash Bros 3DS, lol. Thanks in advance!

Just gonna ask this here, if anyone knows that would be helpful!!

I got my 3dsxl a month ago with my wife and we have been streetpassing each other every day. However Recently it no longer lets us do personal greetings... Completely skips it. Any ideas to why this is? We've met 89 times and we both can do it with others still.

Thanks!

Why the fuck can't I download TWD S2E5?
(Accessed from the Downloadable content menu in the game)
wp_20140826_001tvo5h.jpg

Going by Wikipedia, it comes out tomorrow on Xbox.

I thought that might be the reason but then it shouldn't even be "available for download" in the menu to begin with.

EDIT: Telltale response on their forum:

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please note that the Xbox 360 version of Episode 5 will be releasing tomorrow, Wednesday, August 27th. If you are seeing it as available to download now, that is in error. Please check back around this time tomorrow, and you should be able to download the episode successfully. For any further information about the release of Episode 5, please go to This Thread.

Syril

How is the language barrier on Nayuta no Kiseki? I can usually manage menus pretty well, but my Japanese isn't good enough to be able to follow dialogue.

Right this one is driving my friend and I crazy!

Google is not helping

my friend is trying to a remember a Fighting game anytime between the Sega Megadrive and PS1 days where fought a Satyr (halfman/half goat) he said it was a boss fight and the only move he remembers the boss fight doing was stomping its leg to regain health

even tough i dont know it does ring some bells, anyone know?

no, it was from an MK game

Right this one is driving my friend and I crazy!

Google is not helping

my friend is trying to a remember a Fighting game anytime between the Sega Megadrive and PS1 days where fought a Satyr (halfman/half goat) he said it was a boss fight and the only move he remembers the boss fight doing was stomping its leg to regain health

even tough i dont know it does ring some bells, anyone know?

no, it was from an MK game

Killer Instinct 1. The character was the final boss, Eyedol.

ohlawd

If I have 2 accounts on my PS4 or XB1 (my wife and I) will 1 PS+ or XBL subscription cover us both?

yes for X1. I'm the one with gold and my other family members can go online with their own account.

I have PS+ but no PS4 so I can't comment on that. I assume it's the same though.

Top Bottom