• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

If I have 2 accounts on my PS4 or XB1 (my wife and I) will 1 PS+ or XBL subscription cover us both?

I think this answers the question in regards to PS4? Since ohlawd answered for XB1

https://support.us.playstation.com/...id/5060/~/ps4-online-multiplayer-requirements

If a PS Plus member registers a PlayStation 4 as their "primary" system, anyone who uses that system has the ability to play online multiplayer, regardless of whether or not they are PS Plus members. Additionally, as many as four players can simultaneously play online on the same console, even if they don't subscribe to PlayStation Plus.

Voidguts

soo, I primarily game on PC and thus haven't picked up a XB1 yet - bbbut I kinda want a next (now?) gen controller! I know the 360's d-pad sucks a lot of ass, but not total ass as I've 100%'ed Spelunky and Symphony of the Night using it. is it worth upgrading to the XB1 controller, mostly for the d-pad? I have Windows 8 so I've heard setup will be painless. thank you guys for reading this crap.

soo, I primarily game on PC and thus haven't picked up a XB1 yet - bbbut I kinda want a next (now?) gen controller! I know the 360's d-pad sucks a lot of ass, but not total ass as I've 100%'ed Spelunky and Symphony of the Night using it. is it worth upgrading to the XB1 controller, mostly for the d-pad? I have Windows 8 so I've heard setup will be painless. thank you guys for reading this crap.

I have yet to try the XB1 controller to any real extent besides some demos but I did feel that the D-pad was a marked improvement in that time however the bumpers were less intuitive and comfortable in their use but I think people can adjust to them. Otherwise the controller is very nice

For more impressions you could try scanning these threads

Best Xinput controller with good D-Pad?

For those who have both the Xbox One and PS4: Which controller you prefer?

So now that some time has passed....Best PC Controller?

grimmiq

I have a PS4/Vita with PS+ and have several months of PS3 games "purchased" but no PS3 to play them on..if my brother who lives on the opposite side of the city buys a PS3, can I set my account as his console's main account then have him play my PS+ games on his account?

This has been on my mind as well. My reason being that the XB1 controller is more attractive, but would it be backwards compatible with PC games that use 360 controllers? For example, if I wish to use it on say, Witcher 2, would it be detected as a 360 controller?

This has been on my mind as well. My reason being that the XB1 controller is more attractive, but would it be backwards compatible with PC games that use 360 controllers? For example, if I wish to use it on say, Witcher 2, would it be detected as a 360 controller?

Yes, it's backwards compatible.

Every game that supports 360 controllers on PC uses something called xinput. It's why you can use a DS3 or DS4 with an xinput wrapper as if it were a 360 controller. The Xbone controller, AFAIK, has native PC drivers and registers as xinput. It cannot currently be used wirelessly though and must be plugged in via USB.

My suggestion to you would be to go out to your local Target or Best Buy or something if possible and put the next gen controllers in your hands and see what you prefer. Any of the big 4 controllers can be used, so you don't necessarily have to default to an Xbone controller if you would prefer something else (I think it's relatively easy to get the Wii U Pro controller working as an xinput device as well).

I have a PS4/Vita with PS+ and have several months of PS3 games "purchased" but no PS3 to play them on..if my brother who lives on the opposite side of the city buys a PS3, can I set my account as his console's main account then have him play my PS+ games on his account?

Yes, this should work. I don't even think you need it to be the "main" account. I have two friends that benefit from this, as I put my PSN account on their machine as a secondary user, logged in, and downloaded any game they were interested in. If you allow him to save your login info, he can just hop on your account every month and download the newest PS3 content. Games can be shared on up to 3 PS3s, I believe.

grimmiq

Yes, this should work. I don't even think you need it to be the "main" account. I have two friends that benefit from this, as I put my PSN account on their machine as a secondary user, logged in, and downloaded any game they were interested in. If you allow him to save your login info, he can just hop on your account every month and download the newest PS3 content. Games can be shared on up to 3 PS3s, I believe.

Awesome, I'll make a deal with him to buy a PS3 and he can use my PS+ games then I get his PS3 for a month or 2 when Persona 5 comes out :).

cantona222

I need your opinion. I'm in the mood to play a railway shooter game on the Wii using the Wiimote as a gun. I have these games in mind. Which one do you recommend?
-RE: The umbrella Chronicles
-RE: The Dark side Chronicles
-House of the Dead: Overkill
-Ghost Squad
-Special Air Assault Force/ LA Machineguns Arcade hits

What do you recommend?
BTW, each game costs $15 shipped from Amazon.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I have a Wii with the GameCube controller ports, will Gamestop accept it as a trade-in? Serious question, I need an answer tomorrow.

3bdelilah

Banned
Guys, I still use the account that came with my second-hand 3DS, but I want to jump on some Zelda sales starting from September 11th, but I want to own it on my account. That means I'll have to log out/delete the old account, so I can log in with my own account containing my own Stars. But my 3DS came with some games like Super Mario 3D Land, and it would be a shame to lose it permanently if I log in with my own account.

So... in short: will all the downloaded games stay on the 3DS if I switch accounts, or are all games lost if I switch to my own account?

PS4 audio question:
Using brand new Sony Vita earbuds, plugged into the DS4.
Occasionally the sound temporarily crackles n cuts out. Sometimes it seems due to loud in-game sound or possibly too many sounds at once. Other times it just occasionally has issues for no reason at all.
I've played with the PS4 audio settings up and down. I have no sound issues through the TV or when using my 5.1 headset. FWIW, I sit 3 foot from my TV, and typically have my DS4 plugged in. I get the same crackling/cut out issue when using other earbuds plugged into the DS4 as well.
Anyone know what could be the cause, and/or how to fix it?

Thanks.

Phediuk

Why did the vast majority of Amiga games constrain themselves to one-button joystick controls? It's so idiotic and is a constant problem. You have this whole keyboard in front of you and like 95+% of games limit you to one fucking button. As far as I know, every Amiga even has hardware support for two-button joysticks, but most games don't even allow for that. And this was in an era where virtually every joystick available had multiple buttons. It just boggles the mind. Sure, in platformers, you can press up to jump, but then you can't use up for anything else, like aiming, secondary attacks, or camera movement.

Fucking hell.

Kjellson

I want to try the share button on PS4 but when I press the Facebook or Twitter button is just says "Wait..." and nothing happens. Is this common? Or do I just have to wait for a really long time?

chunk3rvd

Recently upgraded from my OG PS3 to a 2nd hand slim model. The OG model came with a 40GB hard drive but I upgraded it to 320GB years ago. How do I go about putting the original 40GB drive back in? Do I just format the drive (FAT32?) and pop it back in and the PS3 will install the OS and stuff on it? Do I even need to format it or will the PS3 sort that?

On the new Playstation TV device that's coming out, you can play some Vita or Vita-on-PSN titles... My question, and I've tried googling for an authentic list, is can I download and play Final Fantasy Tactics WOTL and Tactics Ogre LUCT on it? Which 'PSP' games are available on it seems unclear to me.

chippy13

If I run out of space on my PS4 hard drive and replace it with an upgraded hard drive, can I still put the original one back in when I want to play games I have on that? Or will I have to download them again?

As soon as you change the drive in your PS4 you have to reformat the drive that you put back in. You will have to re-download all of your games.

Epcott

If the main user of a PS4 console has Plus, will all the other accounts using the console have access to online multiplayer without then having Plus (since they also have access to the Plus games on the HDD)?

Or does everyone using that console need Plus individually in order to play online multiplayer?

Karl Hawk

Banned
Is it possible to migrate my Xbox LIVE account from my 360 to Xbox ONE? I know there was Xbox LIVE account migration from OG Xbox to Xbox 360, but I just wanna make sure.

If the main user of a PS4 console has Plus, will all the other accounts using the console have access to online multiplayer without then having Plus (since they also have access to the Plus games on the HDD)?

Or does everyone using that console need Plus individually in order to play online multiplayer?

If you make the PS4 in question your primary PS4 then any user can utilize PS+ for multiplayer on it

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/a...fits-from-other-user-accounts-and-playstation

Is it possible to migrate my Xbox LIVE account from my 360 to Xbox ONE? I know there was Xbox LIVE account migration from OG Xbox to Xbox 360, but I just wanna make sure.

Yes you can. It's not really migration though as you use the one account on both systems if you want

Question: is it somehow possible to navigate the Wii U menu (the icons, not the Mii plaza) using the gamepad dpad/sticks while the menu itself is on the TV? Or do I always have to bring it to the gamepad screen first?

maxcriden

Question: is it somehow possible to navigate the Wii U menu (the icons, not the Mii plaza) using the gamepad dpad/sticks while the menu itself is on the TV? Or do I always have to bring it to the gamepad screen first?

If I understand what you mean, no, I don't think so. I think if you have the icons on the TV you need the Wiimote to operate the menu. But I guess I've never tried it with the GamePad so I'm not sure.

If I understand what you mean, no, I don't think so. I think if you have the icons on the TV you need the Wiimote to operate the menu. But I guess I've never tried it with the GamePad so I'm not sure.

Yeah, if I bring the icons to the TV screen, they just sit there not responding to gamepad input. The stick/dpad just controls the camera over Mii plaza (which of course is on the gamepad). I was under the impression that it was possible. I've been using quickstart for so long, maybe I forgot lol.

maxcriden

Yeah, if I bring the icons to the TV screen, they just sit there not responding to gamepad input. The stick/dpad just controls the camera over Mii plaza (which of course is on the gamepad). I was under the impression that it was possible. I've been using quickstart for so long, maybe I forgot lol.

Oh yeah, I really have no idea other than the Wiimote for the TV menu. Sorry. :(

Ecto311

Anyone use a HDMI switch/splitter to get a signal from one of the newer consoles (xBone) to a monitor and tv in the same room - one at a time.? Would be nice if I could do that and get the sound out of the controller.

Also anyone have trouble with the sound adapter on the controller not doing shit for sound? Like nothing at all? Not sure how to test that out and make sure it works or if the thing is broken.

lucius

Anyone have an idea why Mario Galaxy 2 Wii was never a $20 Select game in US from what I understand it's been Select game for a few months in EU, did it not meet sales mark in US or some other reason, I thought Select line was just like greatest hits?

maxcriden

Anyone have an idea why Mario Galaxy 2 Wii was never a $20 Select game in US from what I understand it's been Select game for a few months in EU, did it not meet sales mark in US or some other reason, I thought Select line was just like greatest hits?

I don't think anyone knows, really. It still could be reduced in price at some point. Your best bet is trying to find a good deal on it via eBay, Amazon or Gamestop, or something like that. That's what I did.

Which is the better media player between XB1/PS4.

For streaming/playing music/videos/photos off usb

XB1 easily at this time

Can you, calling customer support or otherwise, change your psn name?

Not to my knowledge, no. It's a real flaw in PSN

Do you guys think there will be a Master Chief Collection Xbox One bundle? Like themed controllers and console?

I don't think there will be a themed console but I could see a specific bundle from MS that includes the game and has special packaging but just uses regular XB1s. It's expensive to make custom themed consoles

thenexus6

So I bought P4G on my vita and now every time I turn on my PS3 its downloading it onto my PS3 how do I stop this and future vita games being downloaded ?

Ecto311

Anyone use a HDMI switch/splitter to get a signal from one of the newer consoles (xBone) to a monitor and tv in the same room - one at a time.? Would be nice if I could do that and get the sound out of the controller.

Also anyone have trouble with the sound adapter on the controller not doing shit for sound? Like nothing at all? Not sure how to test that out and make sure it works or if the thing is broken.

Anyone know? My xbox would be in the bedroom and I need that signal to my monitor in a really close room and sound through the controller or monitor.

Is it possible to play and beat Disgaea games casually? Minimal grinding, without needing to research strategies online, etc? Are there difficulty options? I've heard stories of people spending hundreds of hours on each of those games

Is it possible to play and beat Disgaea games casually? Minimal grinding, without needing to research strategies online, etc? Are there difficulty options? I've heard stories of people spending hundreds of hours on each of those games

If you just want to play the main story - totally. The post-game stuff will need grinding, but the main plot is usually fairly minimal grinding.

Top Bottom