• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news - Level 5 Soccer RPG, BOB!!, Project O, Camelot is back

ethelred

Bebpo said:
King's Story looks very cute. Definitely get a Harvest Moon vibe from the in-game art.

I don't think it looks visually anything like Harvest Moon at all. Certainly not Minaba's character designs. The most it has in common is that they both have a cow in them, but that's all I see. No one that does Harvest Moon is even making this aside from Wada executive producing.

We do need those Valkyrie scans, though (and Inazuma as well).

AceBandage said:
It's for the good of the king! Besides, I'm sure there will be a necromancer job so you can bring them back as zombies.
:)

Haha, that would be awesome.

Scrubking

schuelma said:
A few more Wii Love Golf details from IGN:

"You aim your shot by first pointing at the screen; this is meant to be similar to how a real golfer will use his club to get all his angles straight. To swing, you first hold down the buttons on the Wiimote, which is the equivalent of gripping your golf club.

The result of your swing is affected by more than just the way in which you swing the Wiimote. The combination of buttons that you hold when gripping the Wiimote also results in a variety of shot types. You can achieve draw and fade shots and add backspin based on how you hold and swing the controller. For instance, to perform a backspin, you hold down the 2 button along with A."

That is not very comfortable since my hand pushing (2) is off the controller.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Is it just me, or is Marvelous investing tons of money and resources into this gen?
Between all their high profile DS and Wii games, it seems like the are really tryin' to make a dent this time around. It be interesting to compare their year over year releases and profits, it seems like a fairly big turnaround.

Haunted

King Story looks much better than I gathered from my first glance at the small blurry scans before. Awesome.

Teasel said:
so can you send a random little boy to slay a dragon with just enough gold to buy a stick in project o?
:lol he will return a man
or not at all.

JDSN

Banned
Thanks for the KS scans, Neo.

Im glad the game looks good, I was expecting Harvest Moon-like graphics, but it already looks better than that.

Tristam

schuelma said:
Some more King Story details from IGN:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/816/816609p1.html

"The game begins in a small town that, aside from your own home, consists of nothing but green fields. As you walk around, residents of this little town will follow you. Group enough people together, and you can start issuing orders for tasks like clearing the land, searching for treasure, and building roads and houses. Different tasks require different numbers of people, with groups ranging from just a few people to scores of people."

"Outside of this hefty simulation component, King Story is expected to have a more personal side, where all residents have a life of their own. By communicating with some characters, you may find yourself presented with dramatic story sequences. In previous interviews, the staff has hinted at plans to have RPG-style developments the background; for the record, the game's genre is listed in Famitsu as both simulation and RPG."

Holy shit, the bolded part DOES sound like ActRaiser, except instead of that cute little shrine you have your cute little house. So awesome!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
neo2046
BUDDHA AND JESUS
ROLLED INTO ONE

:D

Mitsuda is returning as the sound producer of Luminous Arc 2 as well, I wonder if he'll do any tracks again.

Wow! genius, absolute genius! It sounds like it truly does replicate the real golfing experience!

They weren't kidding, when they said that it uses the Wiimote better than any sports game before it! Not only does it simulate the golfing grip (Anyone who's ever played golf before or read the mario golf gbc/gba encyclopedia should know how important the grip can be!) but it also forces players to use both hands and swing it like a proper golf club (no cheating the controls for you!)

Looks fantastic to boot (Clearly using a derivitive of their GCN engine, which powered two of the best looking games last generation, and ran at 60fps too! :D ) and the art style is classic Camelot!

Hopefully it will feature some cool uses of Wiiconnect24 and some awesome motoi sakuraba music! (Come on, downloadable courses!) Also, please bring back mini golf and the ring shot mode!
In Camelot we trust!

King's Story and I11 look great too, definately ones to look out for!

Cruceh

Banned
I hope Luminous Arc 2 turns out to be good. I liked the first one, but it has some serious flaws. Hope the second one is much improved. Also hope the story isn't very cliche and lame, but it's probably too much to ask.

ethelred

neo2046 said:
Luminous Arc 2

Thanks, Neo!

Luminous Arc 2 looks better than the original (mainly because of much larger sprites) -- hopefully it plays better. Expectations are low, but eh, maybe the team will learn from their mistakes.

Blimblim said:
It really wasn't necessary for these excellent scans, but there it is anyway. Filtered scans:

http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/6170/1360_0001.jpg
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/6170/1360_0002.jpg

May not've been necessary, but it's nice all the same. It looks fantastic. Thanks muchly, Blim!

PolyGone

Banned
bob.jpg

oh, Tekken. How you have fallen from on high to a new low.

Fady K

PolyGone said:
bob.jpg

oh, Tekken. How you have fallen from on high to a new low.

New low ?

Tekken 5 was one of the best fighting games, and Tekken: Dark Resurrection is the best portable fighting game. So what makes Tekken 6 the new "low"? Gotta play it first before you say it.

PolyGone

Banned
Fady K said:
New low ?

Tekken 5 was one of the best fighting games, and Tekken: Dark Resurrection is the best portable fighting game. So what makes Tekken 6 the new "low"? Gotta play it first before you say it.

I'm referring to the character, not the game, hence the picture of Bob's huge ass.

Fady K

PolyGone said:
I'm referring to the character, not the game, hence the picture of Bob's huge ass.

Oh, my bad then. Gotta agree about the character, uninspired, and sucks ass literally. Wonder what got Namco Bandai to add him in in the first place. Whats cool though, is that there are three other new characters to look forward to.

d+pad

I can't wait for Wii Love Golf and Wii Love Tennis - yay Camelot! And maybe since Nintendo isn't holding the purse strings we'll get some online play, leader boards, etc.?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
That King's Story stuff looks and sounds amazing. Check one for the anticipation list. Is that depth of field they've got going on there? :eek:

The M.O.B said:
I'm really looking forward to Inazuma, Professor Layton & King Story. This has been one of the best famitsu weeks.
agreement here. I love that the DS has some upcomging titles that are actually exciting, fresh, cool...

Top Bottom